Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 27-04-2005, 12:37 AM   #1
InitialD
Low and Loud

Default Factory Alarm??

I recently Picked up my Mum a '88 Series 1 EA fairmont ghia. The Problem im having atm is I cant start it!!!

The car appears to have a factory alarm system? There is a sticker on the rear door Quarter that says "MOTOCRAFT ALARM fitted"

The thing seems to be into everything and when it was purchased from auction it didnt have the beeper. How do i disable it? When I try to start it the alarm makes the headlights & indicators flash.

thanks guys

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2005, 09:18 PM   #2
SileNceR
02/90 EA II Fairmont

go over the wiring on the ignition etc, track down the alarm and trace the wires, it will have relays that intercept/cut the starter etc...
Old 27-04-2005, 11:02 PM   #3
sphell
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if its an old alarm it's probably got the siren and module contained in the one unit under the bonnet. All alarms are different, but try and trace the wires back inside the car and see if they go anywhere near the ignition barrel. Check to see if the Red/black wire is cut somewhere and spliced into the alarm loom. If it is, cut those wires off and join the red/black back together. That's your starter wire.

Otherwise, use a test light to probe the wires at the back of the alarm module while an assistant turns the key to 'start'. You should find that one of the wires will illuminate the test light when the car is turned to start. Now usually this wire will have a 'brother' that either is the same colour or diameter....join those two together and that will bypass the start immob. Hope it helps.
sphell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2005, 02:11 AM   #4
InitialD
Low and Loud

Well its all sorted out now..

Turned out the Original Factory Alarm had another newer style immobiliser wired into the back of it, and some other box wiried into that on top! the drivers side kickpannel was full of Alarm Junk!

Simply Cut the negatives to the alarm, Removed the wiring off the Steering column and its all fine

Thanks for the help people

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
Old 28-04-2005, 08:13 AM   #5
EFFalcon
Last warning

does it start now mick???
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2005, 11:03 AM   #6
InitialD
Low and Loud

Oh Yea! Took it for a drive last night, Went sideways and all around corners, Mmm LSD

Drives really well actually

Old 28-04-2005, 01:03 PM   #7
EFFalcon
Last warning

great to hear, bargain!
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2005, 02:18 PM   #8
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by InitialD
Well its all sorted out now..

Turned out the Original Factory Alarm had another newer style immobiliser wired into the back of it, and some other box wiried into that on top! the drivers side kickpannel was full of Alarm Junk!

Simply Cut the negatives to the alarm, Removed the wiring off the Steering column and its all fine

Thanks for the help people
Yeah, top quality high security alarm that one......... :evilsasmo
Old 28-04-2005, 03:47 PM   #9
InitialD
Low and Loud

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
Yeah, top quality high security alarm that one......... :evilsasmo
Yea i know! thats MOTOCRAFT alarms for you :P

Old 28-04-2005, 05:07 PM   #10
Biggoggs
Rider on the storm

Hey do you have a `CrocLock' sticker under the hood? I've got one on my EA, but I have nfi what it does (must've been disconnected or something)...
Biggoggs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2005, 05:12 PM   #11
InitialD
Low and Loud

Nope, Mine says "HI GUARD ALARM by Motocraft"

Old 28-04-2005, 07:53 PM   #12
SileNceR
02/90 EA II Fairmont

haha as in

"Hi, Guard this alarm; if anyone touches it, it will become inneffective"
Old 17-05-2005, 11:26 PM   #13
SupahStah
Tha Stah

lol
too true haha
Soon To Come: |Largish Cam + Chip|
ETA: *When the bank account is ready *
SupahStah is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2005, 09:16 AM   #14
NZ
~~~

They actually put alarms in ea's as a factory thing??

My car had some sort of alarm aftermarket 'pirranah' brand or something. it caused a few probs when we removed the dash to put the manual pedle box in simply because the wiring was threaded through the other looms. so we ripped it all out. I think it must have been a really cheap one because the car didn't start afterwe got it back together and all that was wrong was the fuel pump wiring needed to be fixed. I guess you could have done the ben trick and wired it to a brake light if you wanted to steal the carlol.

"the man that crashs AFF"
NZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post