Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-08-2007, 09:27 PM   #91
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Perhaps its time a National Streetmachine/modified car owners association got established that worked and consulted with the government on such things. Maybe even a seperate liciencing system for modified car owners so we all don't get painted with the same brush every time Danny Di<khead (who will have no licence, be DUI and a bunch of othercrap) kills someone and makes front page? We are slowly loosing our freedom to have a passion for nice street cars because of a few Di<kheads out there.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2007, 09:34 PM   #92
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOON69
most non debatable comment on FFAU
well put ;) :
It's hard coming up with new idea's. :
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2007, 09:43 PM   #93
3vXT

Overall I don’t think it’ll make a huge difference because the people that would get their cars crushed won’t be mature enough to learn the lesson and adjust their attitudes. I’ve got a few things to add anyway though...

- The people using the 'older drivers are for it because they got street racing out of their systems years ago' arguments need to wake up. Just because your Dads may have raced around and got away with it years ago, doesn't mean you are entitled to try the same thing.
Obviously the world is a different place now and the roads are more dangerous but IMO Street racing 20 or 30 years ago was just as stupid and irresponsible as it is now. The fact that some people tell cool story's about things they got up to 'in the old days' doesn't give anyone the right to go out and try it now.
No one automatically has the right to break the law just because it’s been done before so have a cry and get over it. For the record I’m 25 years old and just as much at risk of getting caught speeding as anyone else (P plater or not) so I think my ideas are just as valid.

-The people suggesting that street racing (or hooning or whatever you want to call it) should be taken out of the cities and onto the quiet back roads where no one but the driver will get hurt (probably) also need a bit of a wake up call.
I grew up in a small country town with a population of about 1000. The roads around there were the quietest roads you could find, just outside of town you could go a whole night without seeing a car drive past. More than a few local people (mostly P platers and all young guys, but I’ll leave that alone for now) killed themselves on these quiet roads doing stupid things with and without their mates in the car.
I’m sure some of you will think ‘well at least they didn’t take anyone with them’ and that’s fair enough, but I don’t think their family or friends would see the upside. My point here is that it’s not all about the innocent people that get hit by these idiots.
People think as long as there aren’t other cars or people around, it should be ok to risk their own lives, but its not. My sister would love to go back in time and crush her (23yo) boyfriends V8 ute but she cant, I don’t think I need to tell you why.
Personally I think its even worse to do these things in towns and cities but its not ok even by yourself in the middle of nowhere.

- As for the term ‘knee-jerk reaction’, some of the best examples of this are in the thread you are reading now I really really doubt that a police officer is going to be able to point a magic stick at a car and crush it on the spot yet some of you are acting like they are handing out these magic sticks tomorrow morning. If some car crushing law does get passed and worked on a ‘pattern of behavior’ then I can’t imagine anyone getting their car crushed that doesn’t deserve it.
3vXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post