Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-08-2007, 12:59 AM   #1
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Angry Stupid drivers! *pics inside!*

So, driving into the city for a gig at the espy, get a little frustrated at typical city drivers (not looking, not indicating, merging dangerously etc), but hey, used to it by now. Play the gig, and come home in lighter traffic. Going along Hoddle (away from St Kilda) and get to the Albert St intersection, red light next intersection and cars banked up until Albert St, so though the light is green, I don't go through. 5 seconds later, WHAM!

Look what happened to my nice straight back doors!

From this..

to this..

I won't go into the stereotype of the other driver, but she was nice enough. My consolation is that she was in a newish Nissan Maxima? and it completely caved in the front of the car, couldn't even start it and couldn't steer to the right, had to push it around the corner for her. She was alright though, and I've just got some whiplash and my wrist feels screwed, oh well. Just lucky it did nothing major or structural to my car.

Oh, and if anyone was interested in buying it (not the best time for it to happen when it's up for sale).. Give it a week or so until it's buffed out :P

Holden made the decision to make thier utes for pretty boys years ago. Wannabe tradesman drive them. If my son came home and told me he bought a holden ute I would struggle to come to grips with the fact he is a homosexual.
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2007, 01:11 AM   #2
BOOSTDEF
FPV GT Owner!!!

Bad luck man. Its just not justice when this happens, especially on the way home from a hard working gig.

Hope it works out.
- XB Coupe Project
BOOSTDEF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2007, 01:18 AM   #3
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTDEF
Bad luck man. Its just not justice when this happens, especially on the way home from a hard working gig.

Hope it works out.
Yeah, cheers man. I was scared *rude word*less when she hit that side.. There was a nice and rare $7k worth tube amp full of glass sitting an inch or two in from the side (my second pride and joy). Luckily didn't do anything to it (I don't think, lol)!
Holden made the decision to make thier utes for pretty boys years ago. Wannabe tradesman drive them. If my son came home and told me he bought a holden ute I would struggle to come to grips with the fact he is a homosexual.
Old 09-08-2007, 03:40 AM   #4
sexr6tasy
Banned

Whiplash and a screwed wrist you my friend need several medical treatment we will sue for 50,000 and go halves ;)
sexr6tasy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2007, 08:15 AM   #5
SHIFTN
CL&JW BATHURST CHAMPS!

Damm that sucks

hope its fixed asap

-SHIFTN

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx3dude
geeves can you pass the toothpicks please, i have some rice stuck between my teeth.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by irwley93
SHIFTN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2007, 10:45 AM   #6
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Definitely go to the doctor and get checked out. Her 3rd party personal injury insurance will cover it.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2007, 01:11 PM   #7
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Martin
Definitely go to the doctor and get checked out. Her 3rd party personal injury insurance will cover it.
Yeah, about that, lol. She was driving a car that wasn't insured in her name. Her boyfriend who came to the scene was trying to make it look like he was driving and was trying to get my to lie to the insurance company and tell them he was the driver who hit me.. I was like, err, no thanks, I'm not taking any heat.
He said he rang their insurance though and they said it was ok, so I didn't have to lie (how nice) : but yeah. I'm going down now to get a quote on the damage as I only have 3rd party, so she'll/their insurance company will have to pay up.

I just went to the fricken doctor about my wrist and just got the OK to go back to work! haha, i'll have to make another visit.

Cheers guys
Old 09-08-2007, 01:35 PM   #8
BeStRaFe
lpg = big boom!

awww man that sucks,
was nice and straight aswell.
Old 09-08-2007, 05:32 PM   #9
rodderz

Last thing you need besides the car damage is damage to the sound equipment.... It's more hassle to fix and in a lot of cases things are rare and have their own sound to them!
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2007, 07:14 PM   #10
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
Last thing you need besides the car damage is damage to the sound equipment.... It's more hassle to fix and in a lot of cases things are rare and have their own sound to them!
Damn straight. It's the second time I've been hit from behind with my gear in the back, not a good feeling!

Took it to our restorer today and there's around $3000 of damage. He also had a mate there who does panel/paint and they both reckon I'd be better to just see if the other persons insurance company will write it off for a descent amount (they supposedly prefer to with stuff like this as sourcing a descent rear 1/4 cut and door is hard). Otherwise try and settle it outside of insurance for about the 3k mark.

What do you guys reckon?
Old 09-08-2007, 07:17 PM   #11
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeStRaFe
was nice and straight aswell.
I loved that a pretty much had the only pair of straight barn doors on an XF pano on the road :( lol

Oh well, win some, lose some.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:21 PM   #12
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Some people really dont pay any attention in heavy traffic do they! :
Old 09-08-2007, 08:30 PM   #13
falzoony
Rockin '67

Quote:
Originally Posted by popinfresh
Yeah, cheers man. I was scared *rude word*less when she hit that side.. There was a nice and rare $7k worth tube amp full of glass sitting an inch or two in from the side (my second pride and joy). Luckily didn't do anything to it (I don't think, lol)!
Damn what sort of amp was it?

'67 XR Wagon
falzoony is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2007, 08:33 PM   #14
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by falzoony
Damn what sort of amp was it?
It still is (wasn't damaged, luckily) a Trace Elliot V8, 400w all tube.

Last offer for it was an Aguilar DB750 + $2k cash. I passed up on it.. Hopefully it'll be worth as much/more than vintage ampeg's one day :
Old 09-08-2007, 09:12 PM   #15
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Speaking of stupid drivers.
Last friday morning i was heading north on Boundary rd Braeside, 3 lanes each direction with a centre medium & strip 80k limit, me in right hand lane.
I'm looking ahead and notice a small holden combo van move to the gap in the medium strip from a side road to my right. He pauses, then moves forward, i'm thinking he's trying to get a better view.
I'm doing the limit with cars all around me.
He then proceeds to pull into my lane!
I jump on the brakes, and lock her up. I could'nt pull up in time, and BANG, around 4 tonne of TRUCK slams into the back of him and shunts him forward.

We both pull over and i politely ask him what was he thinking. I said mate, 3 lanes of traffic, 80k limit, i had no chance of stopping when you pull out like that.
His reply was "yeah i'm sorry, i know"
Check the front of the truck, bent number plate and small gouge in plastic bumper.
Combo- he walked to the back had a look and opened the rear doors and said "i'm quite surprised that there's no damage", except where the tow hook on the truck embedded in his bar.
I had a look at the 1/4 panels and the roof which did'nt look right and said to him to have a closer look. Yeah the doors still closed ok, but i reckon the rear end had dropped by an inch or so.
I estimate that i hit him at 50-60k.
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2007, 07:59 AM   #16
SHIFTN
CL&JW BATHURST CHAMPS!

hey popinfresh does the band you play in have a myspace or something ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx3dude
geeves can you pass the toothpicks please, i have some rice stuck between my teeth.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by irwley93
SHIFTN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2007, 11:20 AM   #17
Jesk
certified nutter

yesterday on a road in adelaide i had some dumb woman in an M-class merc back into me while waiting for traffic, i was leaning on the horn and she stopped about a foot from my front bumper, I breathe a huge sigh of relief as the reversing lights turn off then back on they go and she gives me a little tap!!!!!!
Then the traffic is clear and she drives off and I follow not very happy to say the least I'm flashing my lights trying to get her to pull over so I keep following til she does and talk to her, she didn't realise she even hit me and didn't even see me flashing my lights following her!!!!! I check the monty just a small scuff on the bumper, it will buff out, So I give her a very polite piece of my mind about looking where she is going in the future. But some people, I dont know.
Jesk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2007, 02:44 PM   #18
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Pinkbits example above highlights one of the reasons why road authorities will not raise freeway or intercity divided-road speed limits beyond 110km/h.

http://www.dpi.wa.gov.au/mediaFiles/...safe_part9.mp3
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2007, 02:57 PM   #19
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

Makes you wonder.......

Some time ago the boy was sitting at the servo in Braeside waiting for a free pump. Bloke fills up, looks at the car, walks in and pays comes out and has a look at the boy's car (blueprint is kinda hard to miss), jumps in , puts it into reverse and WHAM!! straight into the front of the boy's car.... needless to say the old bloke was very apologetic "I forgot you were there" was his reason from memory .... mind you having the boy bearing down you from a great speed would make you say anything to come out unscathed....

A recent study found the average Australian walks about 900 miles a year.
Another study found Australians drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year.
That means, on average, Australians get about 41 miles to the gallon.

Kind of makes you proud to be an aussie.
Go baby Go is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2007, 06:52 PM   #20
mark180227
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by popinfresh
Yeah, about that, lol. She was driving a car that wasn't insured in her name. Her boyfriend who came to the scene was trying to make it look like he was driving and was trying to get my to lie to the insurance company and tell them he was the driver who hit me.. I was like, err, no thanks, I'm not taking any heat.
He said he rang their insurance though and they said it was ok, so I didn't have to lie (how nice) : but yeah. I'm going down now to get a quote on the damage as I only have 3rd party, so she'll/their insurance company will have to pay up.

I just went to the fricken doctor about my wrist and just got the OK to go back to work! haha, i'll have to make another visit.

Cheers guys
was is with people trying to do that. when i had my accident, the lady tried to get me to tell the insurance company that her boyfriend was driving. ive also had a mate in a crash who the other party said if the could say that someone else is driving.

pretty stupid
mark180227 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post