Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 21-05-2005, 01:42 PM   #1
trueblue
01 Falcon Ute

Default Changing springs

hey, just wondered if it was easy to change ya springs around... or should i get someone else 2 do it for me?

cheers
aaron

WTD mags to suit AU Falcon ute, AU XR rims or BA 18" xr rims. PM ME
trueblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2005, 01:56 PM   #2
FairmontEL
Driftin shopping trolleys

its quite easy mate, which ones you doing front or rears, or the whole lot. Rears are easy as, its the fronts that usually take a bit of time.
FairmontEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2005, 03:36 PM   #3
trueblue
01 Falcon Ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontEL
its quite easy mate, which ones you doing front or rears, or the whole lot. Rears are easy as, its the fronts that usually take a bit of time.
im doing them all round... SO i just take the wheel off and unbolt the shocker and take it out and then swap em around?.. what makes the front so hard?

Old 21-05-2005, 05:52 PM   #4
FairmontEL

The difficulty with the front is that cause they are struts its just hard to pull the assembly out not much room and shit, then you might need spring compressors to put the new springs in, usually u can get away with undoing the springs without compressors but it is better and safer to use them. And if you do use compressors it just takes ages to compress and uncompress the spring. The backs are easy as after u undo the shock from the shock tower at the top inside the car and the bottom bolt that holds the shock in and the car is jacked up the whole assembly basically falls out.
Old 22-05-2005, 12:45 AM   #5
InitialD
Low and Loud

You dont neccerserally (Sorry spelling ;) ) Need to use spring compressors on the front. When ive done them before ive just been very carefull when taking the springs off the front shockers when the whole strut was removed from the car. If the springs are allready lowered (like yours are I belive) they simply come off easy since yours are LOWS and your putting SUPERLOWS in if im correct.

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2005, 12:49 AM   #6
John_LS1

to make it easier to get the fronts out you can undo the top control arm as it free's up alot of space. also when seperating the top balljoint dont hit the thread, hit the metal around it.
Old 22-05-2005, 01:10 PM   #7
trueblue
01 Falcon Ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by InitialD
You dont neccerserally (Sorry spelling ;) ) Need to use spring compressors on the front. When ive done them before ive just been very carefull when taking the springs off the front shockers when the whole strut was removed from the car. If the springs are allready lowered (like yours are I belive) they simply come off easy since yours are LOWS and your putting SUPERLOWS in if im correct.
spot on mick

Old 22-05-2005, 11:41 PM   #8
FairmontEL

like i said usually u can get away without using compressors i didnt know if his car was lowered or not sometimes it can be hard with new springs to push them on the strut and do up the bolt here spring compressors are a must, ofcourse if u are using second hand springs makes it a bit easier