Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 08:45 PM   #31
EL_futuraistic

Default oh, i forgot

and yeah, the tap the brakes trick works for me when tailgaters strike.

And yeah, 4wd's who cant stop for shit sit 5cm from ur rear bumper.............Karma will get them back
Old 11-04-2005, 08:45 PM   #32
BJ
Banned

Have any of you people got any idea that to use your cruise control in a built up area is against the law. if you are to lazy to drive properly just make sure you no your in the wrong. The reson i say this is because an old customer of mine was in a pretty bad bingle and when they found out that they were uesing there cruise control in a built up area there was hell to pay, the fine they got was $1,000 bucks plus the damage to the other car. The cause of the bingel was that the cruise didnt disingage. So be carful.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:47 PM   #33
deankdx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SileNceR
my mates putting twin flamethrowers in his ute just for the tailgaters... lol
LOL thats mad
but i once remember a truckie talking about heavy traffic, he said the slower he goes the less traffic is in front of him.
personally i get the tail gaters every morning going to work. i usuallly sit about 103kmh on the hwy, these people dont want to pass i'm in the middle lane, i just flick the day night mirror and ignore them, if they have annoying bright lights just go slower then faster for a while(this gives me the craps) and before long they pass
in this particular case coming up to a red light i would have done the same, just ignore them i think i annoys them more so, if they are purposely doing it
Old 11-04-2005, 08:47 PM   #34
EL_futuraistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH7472
Have any of you people got any idea that to use your cruise control in a built up area is against the law. if you are to lazy to drive properly just make sure you no your in the wrong. The reson i say this is because an old customer of mine was in a pretty bad bingle and when they found out that they were uesing there cruise control in a built up area there was hell to pay, the fine they got was $1,000 bucks plus the damage to the other car. The cause of the bingel was that the cruise didnt disingage. So be carful.

WTF????? i dont think so. And if the cruise didnt disengage then that sounds like a vehicle problem and if ur vehicle is "un-roadworthy" at the time of an accident then sure u can be penalised. EG non working brake lights in a rear end accident. I would like to hear if anyone can Clarify this.

Because those 40 and 50 zones are a killer without cruise.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:51 PM   #35
niko
likes falcon's

true that el futurastic, DONT SPEED ITS ONLY 50. u spend more time looking at speedo than on the road, how safe is that...

brakes disengage cruise anyway only reason she was on today coz there wasn't any cars infront of me, anyway if its bumper to bumper foot power all the way!
Old 11-04-2005, 08:52 PM   #36
kiwikid
have you seen my marbles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL_futuraistic
Did no-one read in their rules book "keep to left unless overtaking" that doesnt just apply to highway overtaking lanes
"
mabey you need to read the rules a bit harder, that law will only apply if the speed limit is OVER 80....
Old 11-04-2005, 09:09 PM   #37
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

I cant honestly say ive never had any problems with being tailgated.

My secret: LET THEM PASS. Who gives a **** if theyre in a rush, less time for them to sit up your *** that way.

(Obviously im not talking baout the insane people who tailgate on you on a clear road just casue theyre sick. Get a towbar and slam the brakes!)
Old 11-04-2005, 09:41 PM   #38
niko
likes falcon's

ye but what if u cant let them pass...
Old 12-04-2005, 08:12 PM   #39
SileNceR
02/90 EA II Fairmont

Taxi drivers are worst for tailgating tho... those pricks I find tailgate me if i sit 10ks over the limit... so i drop it back a gear and drive 20 k's under... then floor it and not let them past... if they werent such impatient assholes in the first place they wouldnt be getting such treatment... if i sat 10ks over the limit they wouldnt pass just sit right up my clacker...

nearly got rear ended by a ******** today that decided sitting 50cm from my rear bumper while i drove up to a roundabout was a good idea, I saw a car coming and hit the brakes, then had to back off to avoid being hit by this twit only to have to brake again not to go into the roundabout (just!) stupid ***** could have caused a three car accident just by being so frigging brainless...
Old 12-04-2005, 08:15 PM   #40
AdzT3-146
own the road

[QUOTE=SileNceR]Taxi drivers are worst for tailgating tho... those pricks I find tailgate me if i sit 10ks over the limit... so i drop it back a gear and drive 20 k's under... then floor it and not let them pastQUOTE]

watch out dude, you might get flamed for that :P
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
Id rather date a goat with syphilous then drive a maloo.
Old 12-04-2005, 08:39 PM   #41
deankdx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=ef_classic]
Quote:
Taxi drivers are worst for tailgating tho... those pricks I find tailgate me if i sit 10ks over the limit... so i drop it back a gear and drive 20 k's under... then floor it and not let them pastQUOTE]

watch out dude, you might get flamed for that :P
i must say that i have not noticed a taxi tail gating me but i have noticed that when i catch a taxi the driver sits pretty close to the cars in front, probably abot 1 second away(too close for me but for them?)
Old 12-04-2005, 10:45 PM   #42
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
ye but what if u cant let them pass...

There will always be some point where they can pass
Old 13-04-2005, 07:32 AM   #43
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Taxi drivers are worst for tailgating tho... those pricks I find tailgate me if i sit 10ks over the limit... so i drop it back a gear and drive 20 k's under... then floor it and not let them past... if they werent such impatient assholes in the first place they wouldnt be getting such treatment... if i sat 10ks over the limit they wouldnt pass just sit right up my clacker...
I agree.

I was once doing unknowingly doing 70+ in a 60 zone because I had a Taxi on my tail. I coasted down to 50 and kept him there. At the next intersection, he road raged me so I reported him to the tow directorite(sp). I don't think he can drive taxi's anymore!
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 13-04-2005, 12:54 PM   #44
niko
likes falcon's

well in my point in time there was absaloutely no room to pass, even if i sped up or slowed down no room :P
Old 13-04-2005, 01:54 PM   #45
K_Man
Whoa, this is heavy!

I wonder how much trouble it would be rigging up a washer jet on the rear bumper to spray at any tailgaters windscreens..... Hmmmm........
Old 13-04-2005, 02:08 PM   #46
Barry_v
rocknrolla

just angle you washers above the windscreen, once you're moving it will go behind you.
Old 13-04-2005, 02:53 PM   #47
JUZXR8
Hmmmmm

taxi drivers have go tto be the most ignorant pricks on the road....going into millpark/bundoora way from my house on plenty road has got to be the worst for them to tailgate u. so i just sit beside two other cars doin the speed limit just to **** em off out:
Old 13-04-2005, 03:11 PM   #48
BuuBox

I can't stand tailgaters, one of the one things that **** me off on the roads. The trick is to let them be the ones getting all agro, and remain calm yourself. Sometimes it's hard not to get worked up though...

Yesterday coming up Ferntree Gully road, a truck started tail gating me. I would have been sitting on around 81 - 82km/h in the left most lane coming up to Springvale road, and this, umm... silly bugger was bloody close to my ***. Somewhat intimidating... I jotted down the licence plate number, pointless really though.
Old 13-04-2005, 04:05 PM   #49
Biggoggs
Rider on the storm

Quote:
I was once doing unknowingly doing 70+ in a 60 zone because I had a Taxi on my tail. I coasted down to 50 and kept him there. At the next intersection, he road raged me so I reported him to the tow directorite(sp). I don't think he can drive taxi's anymore!
Yea, you wish :rolleyes:

Being on Ps I'm sometimes forced to go up to 30k's under the limit (80km/h limit, even in a 110 zone- go figure). It depends on how I feel;
a) I usually just flick the night/day switch on the centre mirror so I can see, then continue as I was.
b) Tap brakes (left-foot braking) or flick parklights in the day
c) Scare them a little. Either vary speed (ie up/down 10km in a smooth fashion, so they get into a habit of braking), or even turn on the hazard lights and swerve around a little. A little extreme, but better than;
d) Speeding up. If all environmental conditions are safe, they can't tailgate me if I'm a few streets in front of them (works well with women in large SUV's).
Old 13-04-2005, 06:02 PM   #50
MickyB
Get in the ring!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggoggs
Yea, you wish :rolleyes:

Being on Ps I'm sometimes forced to go up to 30k's under the limit (80km/h limit, even in a 110 zone- go figure). It depends on how I feel;
a) I usually just flick the night/day switch on the centre mirror so I can see, then continue as I was.
b) Tap brakes (left-foot braking) or flick parklights in the day
c) Scare them a little. Either vary speed (ie up/down 10km in a smooth fashion, so they get into a habit of braking), or even turn on the hazard lights and swerve around a little. A little extreme, but better than;
d) Speeding up. If all environmental conditions are safe, they can't tailgate me if I'm a few streets in front of them (works well with women in large SUV's).
I don't really know what you are talking about, but most of those ideas sound pretty unsafe. Hazard lights are there for a reason, not to be used for fun. If someone tailgates me I sit on the limit and ignore them. They can either overtake me, turn off, or drive on the speed limit.
Old 13-04-2005, 06:37 PM   #51
fudge

edited by Trouty

Last edited by ilsautomotive; 13-04-2005 at 06:46 PM.

Old 13-04-2005, 06:38 PM   #52
fudge

edited by Trouty

Last edited by ilsautomotive; 13-04-2005 at 06:45 PM.

Old 13-04-2005, 06:40 PM   #53
AdzT3-146
own the road

when's this ****wit gonna get banned? this **** isnt needed. all our threads are gonna be closed soon.
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Old 13-04-2005, 06:43 PM   #54
FordFan86
meow

haha, had another guy doing it today, had cruise on at 83k in 80 zone in a right hand lane, just casually cruising past him and this guy in a VP get's right up my ****, swear a bit... hit the brakes to 70k, then slowly accelerate up to 79/80 and sit there... he was not very happy, i was then told off by the chic i had in the car i should be in the left hand lane hahaha :
Old 13-04-2005, 06:46 PM   #55
kiwikid
have you seen my marbles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ef_classic
when's this ****wit gonna get banned? this **** isnt needed. all our threads are gonna be closed soon.
i asume you are talking about fudge....

i think he is banned now....
Old 13-04-2005, 06:46 PM   #56
AdzT3-146
own the road

lol, know my post just looks retarded :

and yeah kiwikid i was talking about that one.
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:

Last edited by AdzT3-146; 13-04-2005 at 06:47 PM.
Old 14-04-2005, 01:59 PM   #57
Biggoggs
Rider on the storm

Quote:
I don't really know what you are talking about, but most of those ideas sound pretty unsafe. Hazard lights are there for a reason, not to be used for fun. If someone tailgates me I sit on the limit and ignore them. They can either overtake me, turn off, or drive on the speed limit.
As I said, I usually just turn the mirror, but none of the things above are more dangerous than having a black 4x4 60cm from your bumper. If `acting a little unsafe' meant a 2 1/2-tonne vehicle is no longer at a dangerous distance behind you, it means they won't smash into the back of you, sending you out of control into oncoming cars or onto the sidewalk, killing a few people in the process. :/

Cheers
Old 16-09-2007, 12:38 AM   #58
ggg2
Starter Motor

Karma get the tail-gaiters in the end. Someone I know tail-gaits all the time. They have had two accidents in that past decade, both rear ending someone.
Old 16-09-2007, 03:32 AM   #59
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When i get tailgated (mainly by 4WD's believe it or not) I slow right to say 50 in an 80 and yes they get real ****ed but I couldn't give a , I'm a P plater and I'm not as experienced as them and it doesn't help when you got a 4WD's headlights hitting ya mirrors and blinding ya from behind.

If they're still behind me and an overtaking lane opens I speed right up so they can't pass me and slow right down again when the lane closes.

You may think it's arseholish but tailgating is bloody dangerous.
Old 16-09-2007, 03:47 AM   #60
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLaViTaR
When i get tailgated (mainly by 4WD's believe it or not) I slow right to say 50 in an 80 and yes they get real ****ed but I couldn't give a , I'm a P plater and I'm not as experienced as them and it doesn't help when you got a 4WD's headlights hitting ya mirrors and blinding ya from behind.

If they're still behind me and an overtaking lane opens I speed right up so they can't pass me and slow right down again when the lane closes.

You may think it's arseholish but tailgating is bloody dangerous.
What a genius you are, that's making the roads much safer. Thank you :

I think this thread is about done and dusted, it is 2 years old after all.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Closed Thread