Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 22-09-2007, 08:57 PM   #1
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 
Default AU I6 Spark Plug Leads...

I have searched this... and keep only coming up with " Best spark plug leads???", and doesn't have the info i require..

What i need is pics/diagrams/instruction on the best way to replace the leads on the I6. The only way we can figure it to remove the top of the BBM to get a hand down to the Coil Pack... am I even close with this option or is there a more efficient/easier way to do this.

Old 22-09-2007, 09:14 PM   #2
phildee

If you pull the airbox/intake piping out you can easily reach under the BBM to change them.
phildee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2007, 09:42 PM   #3
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phildee
If you pull the airbox/intake piping out you can easily reach under the BBM to change them.
Been there and done that... with no luck... still not enough room.
Old 22-09-2007, 10:45 PM   #4
waggaclint
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

keep trying they are easy as i just remove intake snorkel and thats it.... stick ya arm up in there no3 & no4 are the hardest or if ya havn to much trouble jack it up and take em of from underneath.....
waggaclint is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2007, 05:13 AM   #5
T-Pak Addict
Jim

I remove the whole airbox... takes about 15 minutes and I only do 1 lead at atime so I dont stuff up

The Old Daily.......2003 Octane BA Taxi Pak Egas Falcon Build Thread
T-Pak Addict is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2007, 10:56 AM   #6
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Buggered if i know why mine is a right pain in the *** with the leads... I cannot gain easy access to the coilpack by simply removing the intake piping and airbox.
Old 23-09-2007, 11:35 AM   #7
T-Pak Addict
Jim

trick is to stand directly in front of the car (lots of bending) and just about put your whole right hand thu the maze of crap under there and feed the lead down thru the top with your left hand. its a pain but can be done alot easier than an EA-ED, now they are a pain in the butt.

The Old Daily.......2003 Octane BA Taxi Pak Egas Falcon Build Thread
T-Pak Addict is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2007, 01:57 PM   #8
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

I did the leads on my XG (same engine as an ED) alot easier than this... but we removed a few things and can now JUST get in there... thanks all the same guys.
Old 23-09-2007, 06:19 PM   #9
waggaclint
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

au is heaps easier than a ed etc.....just remove the air intake and snorkel and ya can put ya whole arm in under the inlet manifold.....
waggaclint is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2007, 07:16 PM   #10
EF Futura 07
14.915 @ 151 KPH

or if your small like me you remove the airbox and you can sit in the space where airbox is, and change the coil pack in 10 minutes : : : : leads are easy, the first time i did it i wasnt real sure and it took me over an hour, when i changed my pack,leads today took me about 20 minutes :

EL XR Front, 16 inch Tickford's, Superlow's Front/Rear with Monroe GT Sport's : , XR6T Snorkle/Fram Filter, 4499's/Hi Flow Cat/2.5 inch Redback, 4.11's/LSD, 5% Tint, Sony Head Unit/ 6 1/2 Inch 190w Speaker's
: 14.915 @ 151 kph 60' 2.254 :
EF Futura 07 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2007, 09:10 PM   #11
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

lol... well unfortunatly when i stuck my hand up under the inlet manifold... it kinda got stuck getting it back out... not a pleasent feeling at all... My father had more luck though, as he has smaller hands. Well atleast with bigger hands i can grip things better with and i've never had a complaint from a girl ;) :