Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 12-10-2007, 12:06 PM   #1
partie

Default LED on dash. What is it ??

hi,

I always wondered what does the LED on the top of the dash board do ??

From behind, it connects to a wiring loom. However, I have never seen it light up.

partie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2007, 12:17 PM   #2
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if you are talking about a fairmont it is not an led it is the ambient sensor for the climate control
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2007, 12:31 PM   #3
partie

Yeah it is for an AU Fairmont based interior. Its also in my DF LTD.

I was always under the impression the ambient sensor was integrated in the climate control unit.

Picture of a EF/EL climate control.

Old 12-10-2007, 12:38 PM   #4
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sorry i meant the solar sensor it detects the heat coming in through the glass which is why it is so close to the screen
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2007, 12:55 PM   #5
partie

what is the purpose of the solar sensor then ??
Old 12-10-2007, 02:40 PM   #6
zhodak
Shakern, not stirred

In the Fairmont Ghia it's used to give you an outside temprature reading. I assume the same for Fairlane and LTD
New toy, 2005 TX RWD Territory, Black, optioned with Ex JC Cross 5 19's soon to be matt black alloys in 19x8.5, cruise and tinted glass, tricky pedals, JVC Head Unit in the what use to be tissue holder, reversre camera, Ford window shades, JC sourced cargo blind, MOMO wheel (in black of course). MB Quartz 2 ways in rear doors and Precision Response 6" Kevlar splits in front doors, LED DRL's, fog lights with angel eyes and Castle Headers, Hurricane cat and XR8 Hotdog
zhodak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2007, 04:55 PM   #7
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhodak
In the Fairmont Ghia it's used to give you an outside temprature reading. I assume the same for Fairlane and LTD
There's one in the front airdam of Fairmonts etc too, I think between the two i works out what the outside temp is etc.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:11 PM   #8
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the AU Lanes have it in the bit right up near the windscreen on the top of the dash yes

josh had jokers ef parked infront of him at the drags one night.. and his outside temp went upto 96 degrees LOL
(were on a bit of an angle to eachother so his exhasut must have been aiming right at the sensor)
Old 12-10-2007, 07:06 PM   #9
Tech Trainer
Are you sure about that?

The sun load sensor is used to calculate how much heat is being produced inside the car by the sun or how much the sun is contributing to the interior air temp.

There is an ambient air temperature sensor mounted on the bumper bar. This is where the outside temp reading is taken.

There is also an interior ambient air temp sensor depending on the model can be separate to or integrated into the switch panel.