Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Closed Thread

Old 17-10-2007, 09:04 PM   #1
Banned

Default eb2 and ed fairmont

Hello just interested to find out what damage and how much money worth of damage has to be done for a eb2-ed fairmont to be a repairable write off because in not 100% sure on that and if ones a reparible write off, does that mean you can buy it back from the insurance company if they keep it and use the insurance money and pay for it your self to get it fixed and get it inspected and engineered before reregistration.

Also what damage has to be done and how much money worth of damage has to be done to make a eb2-ed fairmont a stat write off.

Can you please make a list of what damage has to be done to make it a repairable write off and a sepreate list of what damage has to be done to make it a stat write off.

do you think laws will change or not. if so im starting a petition to stop it changing and make it the way it was 20 years ago.

was there reparible and stat writeoff catogaries 20 years ago and how long has there been those 2 writeoff catogaries.

Last edited by 12000; 17-10-2007 at 09:11 PM.
Old 18-10-2007, 12:34 AM   #2
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

What?!?!?
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Old 18-10-2007, 12:54 AM   #3
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXR347
What?!?!?
Yeah I want my 30 seconds back.!.!
Old 18-10-2007, 09:05 AM   #4
Powdered Toast Man
Professional Mouse Jockey

I'd say pretty much any panel damage that requires a new panel and re-paint would write off a EB or ED. If there's any chassis or structural member damage it's a definite write off.

I think it's a statutory write off if it's gonna cost 75% of what the car is worth to repair and since it would cost probably a couple of grand for even a small repair nowadays you wouldn't want much on a car only worth 2 to 4 grand.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
Old 18-10-2007, 10:16 AM   #5
Phil91EB

If you’re planing on doing an insurance job on your car I suggest you don’t post it up on a web forum
2006 BF Falcon
Old 22-10-2007, 08:07 PM   #6
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

god dam that is about the best 1 i have seen you post mate

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 22-10-2007, 08:08 PM   #7
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

RIGHT... this is just getting Stupid.

12000... this is just getting beyond a joke now. This thread is closed and if you start another inane, stupid and basically moronic thread I'm going to ban you for trolling. Enough is enough

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Closed Thread