Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Closed Thread

Old 28-10-2007, 12:37 AM   #1
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Performance car on gas

I'm getting a gas research conversion next week and I want minimal powerloss (SVI is to much for me cost wise).

What steps can I do to get more power???

Straight gas instead of dual fuel???

Is it worth it and any other ideas?

Old 28-10-2007, 12:41 AM   #2
bentles
Banned

http://fordforums.com.au/search.php?

do you really think you are the first person asking this question?
Old 28-10-2007, 01:14 AM   #3
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

According to this, yes http://fordforums.com.au/search.php?searchid=2259746.

So how about you stfu and actually be helpful instead of being a smart .

Seems to be a lot of you trolls around lately.
Old 28-10-2007, 04:07 AM   #4
gthofan
Gunna girlie-man

seems to be a ridiculous mount of threads and posts like yours getting around too. Try the search button next time!

<INSERT WITTY SIGNATURE HERE>

Daily- 05' BA futura... work done.
Cruiser- 85' VK berlina... more work done
Old 28-10-2007, 09:53 AM   #5
twr7cx

The only thing you can do in relation to gas is a. fit a decent system and b. have a decent tune done.
Then you can continue to mod the engine to bring the power back up.
Old 28-10-2007, 10:00 AM   #6
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

contact trick_xd he runs straight gas on his el and it runs a very respectable 1/4 mile

jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 28-10-2007, 10:04 AM   #7
Justin@
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLaViTaR
According to this, yes http://fordforums.com.au/search.php?searchid=2259746.

So how about you stfu and actually be helpful instead of being a smart .

Seems to be a lot of you trolls around lately.
Good start to the thread retard......he was right you are not the only one to ever ask this....and why bother even asking at all, you wont take the advise of those that know better have have been there and done it. You make soo many threads about your car its hard for everyone to keep up, yet you never seem to get anywhere with it. Why is that?
I think you should stop playing with your car as it seems to be that you have no idea what you are doing and are unable to grasp the advice that people on here give you.
Old 28-10-2007, 10:54 AM   #8
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLaViTaR
I'm getting a gas research conversion next week and I want minimal powerloss (SVI is to much for me cost wise).

What steps can I do to get more power???

Straight gas instead of dual fuel???

Is it worth it and any other ideas?
For a start, an ED I6 Falcon (standard) is not a "performance" car.
Secondly, you are NOT the first person to ask this querstion - it has been done to death, and search is your friend.
Thirdly, if you continue to be rude to people, you will continue to get no or porr advice on your car. No-one wants to help an ungrateful person.

Lastly, If you go a mixer ring setup, it is the best of the traditional gas setups (ie non-SVI/VSI). It is far better than an air valve/air pump option (such as that fitted to my car), as it is far more tuneable and results in LESS power loss (don't know why, as I'm not an LPG expert, but that's what others, myself included, have found).

The GRA system is supposed to be a good one, though I have only used Landi Renso in the past on my AU XR8 mixer ring, and currently have the Impco air valve on the EL I6. Gas does actually produce a bit more torque down low when compared to petrol, so the power loss is not as moticeable under normal driving conditions - it's only as you want max power at higher revs that it becomes an issue.

Also, with an EFI car, which runs a seperate gas computer/ECU, there is no benefit in going straight gas only these days - especially if you get the mixer ring setup. The power figures on my XR8 were somthing like 140rwkw on petrol, and 134rwkw on gas - so only 6rwkw (less than 5%) loss at the wheels.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
Old 28-10-2007, 11:06 AM   #9
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

FFS, you are the troll. Enough with the inane questions that could easily have been found with a simple search, this has been covered many times and your threads are becoming annoying.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Old 28-10-2007, 11:10 AM   #10
Justin@
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXR347
FFS, you are the troll. Enough with the inane questions that could easily have been found with a simple search, this has been covered many times and your threads are becoming annoying.
lol RedXR347
The search function is a bit beyond this bloke i this, as is actually lifting a spanner in the right way.
Old 28-10-2007, 11:19 AM   #11
plext
Forum Director

Insults and name calling have the result of making all participants look like ten year olds.

Yes it's nice if people use the search facility to avoid going over well trodden ground, but it's also nice if people manage to point this out in a diplomatic manner.

If in doubt, please refer to the site terms and conditions, as I am not renowned for my flexibility in applying them.
Old 28-10-2007, 12:49 PM   #12
plext
Forum Director

Further to this train wreck of a thread, I will add this:

I expect that if a member here runs into a thread that they feel is rehashing known information or is overly simplistic to do one of the following:
  • Point out where the information already exists.
  • Suggest a better area of the forum to pose the question.
  • Either of the above while adding your own advice.
  • Shut up and move on as you have nothing of value to add.
In similar vein, if somebody feels they are being attacked, it is incumbent on them to report the attack rather than stoop to the level of retaliating in kind which will only exacerbate the issue.

I will not warn about these kind of antics again, no matter who is responsible.
Closed Thread