Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 09-11-2007, 07:55 AM   #31
Josh L
Laser Driver?

As xr64d has said... jap cars are more so designed for modding. V8s and larger capacity engines are not so common over there... so they design these smaller 4 and smaller 6 bangers to be able to take quite heavy modding, so they can sort of match power but not quite the torque we have in our big 6s and 8s and such, which brings me to my 2nd point.

The Ford I6 is a torque monster (correct me if I'm wrong). Having high kW/hp will maintain your speed and such... but torque will give you the nice big launch.

The falcon with a decent set of springs, shocks, sway bars and camber kit will corner like you will not believe. My ef corners so damned well it ain't funny, just when you think the rear is gonna come out, it pulls back in.

I have owned a couple of jap cars... and driven a couple too... but the most fun I've ever had is my EF Falcon. Something about having a 5 speed linked to a big six.

Some Americans described Oz's older 250 crossflow as the Clevo of 6s... so imagine the OHC I6 as the injected Clevo of 6s :P

Go for the XR6... more fun... cheapers mods... more versatility.

My 2c anyways... :P

Josh.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:41 PM   #32
NC_Lane
NC Fairlane Ghia

Hi Mate,

was really into the soarers a while back and bouhg my self a V8. It went great but it was terribly uncomfortable. Sold it in a month. The falcons/Fairlanes are much nicer to drive.
-AU Falcon Wagon 4.0L Still Stock
-80 Series LandCruiser 4.5 LPG
NC_Lane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post