Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-11-2007, 07:13 PM   #31
dishpig
Only an xr6...

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-BOOST
Why does Ford continue to play the catch up game?
We got the xr6 turbo, and holdens utes have only just caught up to our au utes, plus ford australia just get given what ford europe gives us with the focus / feista. (probalby wrong on that last comment but u get that)

Also that coupe looks nice and stylish and it's priced around the same as the astra, I'm happy with it and being based off the focus would be a lot more quality in it too. I'd easily be classed as a V8 bogan but can see my sis absolutly dieing to have one of these.

TICKFORD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>FPV
dishpig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2007, 12:06 AM   #32
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Im confused..are you saying its not powerful enough? How do you know that the segment even cares about power?

Im tipping looks and fuel economy would be pretty high up there though.
Exactly. It's a MASSIVE 1.5L per 100km better than an Astra. That's more than just significant, that's HUGE!!

Again, if the segment wanted outright commodore killing fully sick power, the XR5 Turbo motors would be the one suited. Other than the VW Eos, there aren't any in the segment that do that, it's not needed.

If anyone made the perfect convertible to seat 4 that could kill a Commodore, take a load in the boot and satisfy prices, it'd be 5 metres long, have a wagon boot, pack a twin turbo V8 on fairy juice and fart pink dust out the exhaust pipe. Oh an it'd need to be priced no more than a regular 3 year old fleet auction XT because why else would you buy one? :
Old 20-11-2007, 10:41 AM   #33
marcosambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYVYSS
LOL @ 50k on the road basically for a 4cyl POS......they are dreaming....
You're an idiot.
marcosambrose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2007, 11:07 AM   #34
apolloxbgt
cross breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORD3V
Thats right mate,some people have no taste.
I agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrad
Dont be an idiot
Why am I being an idiot,because I'm saying not everyone wants what I want?I own more v8's than you would have driven,but if you think thats what everyone wants,then your the idiot.

Basically as as been said,for Ford to remain competitive they need as many different models as they can have on the market,more models=more sales,it's as simple as that.
Old 20-11-2007, 01:32 PM   #35
5.0failane

I dont mind the look of the car, but I'm an even bigger fan of the lunar colour. If it looks anything like it does in the pictures its about time there were more metalic brown cars!
5.0failane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post