Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-11-2007, 11:58 AM   #1
Ralliart
2011 A New Fresh Start

Angry Melbourne : Eastlink

hey guys, yesterday i just got a notice about the new eastlink with the new rates/fare, and big suprise its going to cost wherever i drive , it had a details map of the roads that will be included, and going to cost us : : , 4 -5$ one way and if go to city its going cost alot D*M government.

here are the locations for following roads that will be included

Melway Map

http://www.eastlink.com.au/downloadF...px?file_id=151

Detailed Map

http://www.eastlink.com.au/downloadF...px?file_id=147

Fares/Charges

[url]http://www.eastlink.com.au/downloadFile.aspx?file_id=148[url]

More info

http://www.eastlink.com.au/default.aspx

Old 20-11-2007, 12:13 PM   #2
dom_105
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What would really me off if the Victorian Government start fiddling around with existing roads to try and force us to use the tollway i.e cutting down lanes on Springvale/Stud Road.
dom_105 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2007, 12:13 PM   #3
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

lol , no cruisn Citylink on friday nights then , too expensive ...

Back on the Princes Highway !

AU2PWR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2007, 12:34 PM   #4
ClevlndStemer
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom_105
What would really me off if the Victorian Government start fiddling around with existing roads to try and force us to use the tollway i.e cutting down lanes on Springvale/Stud Road.
What? Like what they did with the Citylink project? Now that was a farce.
ClevlndStemer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2007, 12:43 PM   #5
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Well since Citylink charged you for F'N exisiting Roads that were already there PLUS the additional Roads they put in I guess EASTLINK may as well up the ante and charge drivers for using the roads under there bridges they have built over exisiting roads...........................as those roads have been revamped

Who's BS Idea was it to charge you to use the little bit off Tullamarine Freeway THAT WAS ALREADY THERE when you leave the city to go to the Airport

WHY, So they can make heaps of money for a road that was already there, F'N

Awwwwwwww that feels better.................lol

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2007, 12:50 PM   #6
rick'o
Car Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRHEMI

Who's BS Idea was it to charge you to use the little bit off Tullamarine Freeway THAT WAS ALREADY THERE when you leave the city to go to the Airport

Totally agree on that...I've returned this year to Mel after ten years away and couldn't believe they'd done that.
rick'o is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2007, 12:57 PM   #7
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

What should have been done (with citylink and eastlink) IMO was for the goverenment to fund the project and impose the toll. Then when it was paid off the tolls stop or reduced significantly (and use the money for maintainance). I believe this was done with the westgate.
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2007, 12:59 PM   #8
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU2PWR
Back on the Princes Highway !
Nothing wrong with that! :
Old 20-11-2007, 02:07 PM   #9
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZENU
Nothing wrong with that! :
Second you there
Old 20-11-2007, 04:07 PM   #10
scoupedy

Tolls suck, WA has the most KM of roads and less people to pay for them and still manages to not have a single toll road ever and i think the roads are better for the amount of traffic on them
scoupedy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2007, 05:54 PM   #11
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRHEMI

Because that part of the freeway was widened as part of the Citylink project, the same as the South Eastern from Punt Road to Toorak Road.
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2007, 06:05 PM   #12
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

Quote:
Or like in Sydney when they closed roads and made some roads one-way to make us use the Cross City Tunnel. Then people decided to boycott the tunnel. lol

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2007, 06:22 PM   #13
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

I pay around 700 -1000 a month in tolls, stop complaining and use the side roads
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2007, 06:25 PM   #14
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

Amen Minge, if you frugals don't like the toll's don't use them, and shut your pie holes!
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2007, 07:00 PM   #15
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
I pay around 700 -1000 a month in tolls, stop complaining and use the side roads
Far out that's an obscene amount of money!

Glad we have no tolls here in Canberra. I struggle to remember to keep parking money on me :
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2007, 07:14 PM   #16
XRchic
Hello

Can you buy monthly or yearly passes or whatever in Melbourne? I think they do that in Sydney, and you buy an electronic device which is scanned every time you go through a toll gate or something?

We dont have any tolls in SA, BUT our roads are complete poo. Most metro roads are disgraceful, we have no highways (sorry, forgot about our joke of a Southern Expressway - one way). Population is growing but the roads are still in the 1950s.

Id almost pay some tolls to get some decent roads.

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2007, 07:23 PM   #17
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge

Do you claim that on tax?
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2007, 07:31 PM   #18
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Like new bus only lanes in Stud road for the 30 people a day that use this system while it still takes 30 minutes to travel the 4 km's between FTG rd and Wellington?

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2007, 07:54 PM   #19
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
Do you claim that on tax?
60% yes, still rather spend 20 minutes on a toll road that 1hour or more trying to avoid it....
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2007, 08:59 PM   #20
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Isn't there like an e-tag or something laminge? Or you not from vic?
Holden made the decision to make thier utes for pretty boys years ago. Wannabe tradesman drive them. If my son came home and told me he bought a holden ute I would struggle to come to grips with the fact he is a homosexual.
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2007, 09:06 PM   #21
dom_105
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by auslandau
Like new bus only lanes in Stud road for the 30 people a day that use this system while it still takes 30 minutes to travel the 4 km's between FTG rd and Wellington?
That is a shocking piece of road right there. It's almost a tease being stuck in morning/afternoon traffic looking over at that big lane that we mere motorists can not use.
dom_105 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2007, 10:18 PM   #22
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van D
Isn't there like an e-tag or something laminge? Or you not from vic?
E-tag doesn't pay for the tolls for you .... it still silently disappears from your back account. At an alarming rate.

I try not to use them in Sydney ... but when i need to get places in a hurry I have to grin and bear it ... and I have to use 2 toll ways to get just get to work .. and then back.

I like Minge have to fork out hand over fist for tolls ... as do a lot of other drivers out there on our roads that drive for a living. I can only claim 10-11% of it back through my ABN though.

Although sometimes ... the tollways are slower and more banked up than the back streets ... hooray for GPS I say ... there's a ton of shortcuts to use that hardly anyone uses.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post