Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 29-11-2007, 10:39 PM   #1
AU XR6 UTE

Default bloody cd stacker

went to the shops last night and got a new cd. driving home i decide to listen i put it in and it makes a wierd noise like its trying to load a disc but its not there but it is there.

its just the standard Ford 6 stacker.

any ideas.

anyone else have this problem before

cheers Darren

AU XR6 UTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2007, 10:44 PM   #2
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

Kick it a Few Times , If that doesnt Work .. Go to ford ..

Or save a Lot of Cash and Buy an Aftermarket one and a Plastic Pocket

AU2PWR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2007, 10:48 PM   #3
AU XR6 UTE

Angry yeah

yeah i felt like kicking the bastard. having a bad night i pulled up to my mates house tonight and bent my bloody aerial on a tree branch how much are they worth.
AU XR6 UTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2007, 08:50 PM   #4
V8falcons
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mate I just removed a premium 6 stack CD unit from the wifes ghia,Use it as a wheel chock man and go and buy a good head unit.This is the second factory ford 6 stacker that has jammed on me,this time I squashed this one in the vice.
V8falcons is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2007, 09:13 PM   #5
WoodysXR6
Wanting a sprint!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vctxr6ute
Mate I just removed a premium 6 stack CD unit from the wifes ghia,Use it as a wheel chock man and go and buy a good head unit.This is the second factory ford 6 stacker that has jammed on me,this time I squashed this one in the vice.

LMAO in a vice thats gold, yeah ive had enough of mine too, its to picky
Old 01-12-2007, 08:28 PM   #6
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vctxr6ute

Nice work ... I thought taking to it with a crowbar would have been satisfying ... but I do like the idea of slow torture with a vice
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2007, 08:15 PM   #7
V8falcons
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My daughter was watching me and couldn't quite work out work out why I was laughing when I was doing it ,so she just started laughing with me like jeckle and hyde togeather.It was pretty funny actually.
V8falcons is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2007, 08:47 PM   #8
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Eeeeviiiiiillllll! LOL!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2007, 04:33 PM   #9
Addz
Starter Motor

Ford used to do a thing where you pay them (so they get MORE money) and give them your old broken stereo and they give you a 2nd hand fixed one but it is a ripoff
Addz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2007, 02:30 AM   #10
SA-AUII-MAX
true blue

Hello Darren, had the same problems.
Tried to fix it myself ending up buying a new unit a year later.
Won’t bore you all with what happened in between but it boils down to the fact that there are two small electric motors inside the stacker that operate the trays in which the CDs are stored. They need to operate at the same time and same speed. Now it happens that, in time, these electric motors go out of sync which resulted in my case that CDs got stuck or it was not possible to load or eject the CDs. The display showed that no CDs were inside, when in fact there were.
The advice I got was that if something goes wrong with loading/ejecting, or when you have more than one CD inside the stacker and you want to change between CDs and this is not working, take the unit out and let a qualified person look at it. What he needs to do is realine the electric motors again and some other stuff making sure that loading or changing CDs works the way it should.
See it as maintenance and this could prevent your stacker from going nuts like mine did. I was also told that if you make copies of your original discs for use in your car, make sure that the thickness of your ‘copy’ disc is the same. They can apparently differ sometimes, which makes loading/ejecting a pain.
SA-AUII-MAX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2007, 07:49 AM   #11
BAWagonWheels

Give up & get an aftermarket headunit which is tens times better than original Ford. Did this to my wife's AU when her Premium 6 Stacker failed. Best decision made.
BAWagonWheels is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2007, 10:00 AM   #12
No Judge
That's Numberwang!!!

Ive gone through 3 stackers with my Ghia, although Its happened a few more times than that. Now I just remove the headunit, undo the bolts of the top part of the case and remove the CDs by hand. Plug her back in and away we go!!

Cheap and nasty way of fixing the problem, I know.

FAIRMONT GHIA: SO GOOD, THEY NAMED THEY NEW FALCON AFTER 'EM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr6 ausome
Nah the roads to high, your car can never be to low lol
No Judge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post