Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 11-12-2007, 09:48 AM   #1
JD86
DELANY

Default ebmanul

hi guys was just thinking about my old car and want to know where it is now and any changes it has got now

havnt heard anything about it for a while now

Old 11-12-2007, 10:50 AM   #2
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Isn't it for sale in the for sale section?

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2007, 11:23 AM   #3
bentles
Banned

private9 owns it afaik

it went from tristan to you to someone else then to grechies mate then to private 9 i THINK.
bentles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2007, 11:32 AM   #4
JD86
DELANY

oh yeh ok, after me it went to josh (MADED-6)

has there been any other mods done along the way?
Old 11-12-2007, 11:52 AM   #5
BRADMAN
BA Mk2 XR6 Turbo

jd, if you dont own it how come you have it in your sig & aviator?

yeah im pretty sure ive seen it for sale section a couple of times
hope its still as good as when tristan had it
brad

Blue Power Airbox, Sunroof, Typhoon Wheels, Brembos, Prem Sound, Momo Chunky Wheel, Genuine FPV Gauge Holder, Whiteline Swaybars, Lowered, Tinted Windows, 60lb Injectors, Plazmaman Cooler, Hot Side & Under Battery Pipes, 4" Dump & Cat, Process West Surge Tank & Bosch 044, Turbo Inline Oil Filter
BRADMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2007, 12:02 PM   #6
JD86
DELANY

cos i havnt changed it yet, i have to get a photo of my nl and put it there
Old 11-12-2007, 12:32 PM   #7
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

so tristan is blkphn and he was the orig owner?

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

Quote:
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:51 PM   #8
JD86
DELANY

yeh tristan (BLKPHN) was the original owner and did the conversion, i brought it from him and eventually sold it to josh (MADED-6) then he had it for sale and thats all i remember hearing
Old 11-12-2007, 01:23 PM   #9
bentles
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD86
yeh tristan (BLKPHN) was the original owner and did the conversion, i brought it from him and eventually sold it to josh (MADED-6) then he had it for sale and thats all i remember hearing
yep tristan built it, then sold it to jd86 (i think ur names josh yeh?) who sold it to MADED-6 who is also a josh who sold it to private 9. might be another member in there, but im pretty sure private9 still has it, migt wanna pm him.

also afaik its still how it was when tristan built it (new tyres and other servicable items and a bit more thrashed tho)
Old 11-12-2007, 01:44 PM   #10
BLKPHN
ORSM FORD CRUSIERS

Hahah of the old beast!!! damn it would be nice to have the old boosted eb next to the phoon!!!

Private9 bought the car he doesn't really frequent the forums here he is more on the boosted site, there was talk of it being wrecked out but im not sure what happened in the end.

the old beast.

Strive for perfection in everything we do. Take the best that exists and make it better.
When it does not exist, design it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough.

-[BLKPHN] (VIC) PLATES FOR SALE $495.00-
BLKPHN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2007, 01:45 PM   #11
BLKPHN
ORSM FORD CRUSIERS

Mods maybe move this to the general section!

Strive for perfection in everything we do. Take the best that exists and make it better.

Old 11-12-2007, 01:48 PM   #12
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Although Private9 does frequent to sell his wrecked parts - no actually he post alot on this forum so you should be able to get a hold ofhim and he will prob see this thread sooner or later

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

Quote:
Old 11-12-2007, 03:45 PM   #13
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Moved to General
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2007, 04:14 PM   #14
bentles
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherNature
Moved to General
i bet thats the first time you've ever said that

Last edited by MotherNatureVer2; 12-12-2007 at 01:16 PM.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:58 PM   #15
Dezza
Parts bin special

Yep Private9 owns it, and it is not getting wrecked. I saw the car in person a couple of weeks ago when I picked up a bonnet from him, and it still looked pretty much the same, just a little dustier.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2007, 09:16 PM   #16
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Just out of curiosity....
Why does it keep getting sold? is it a bit of a dud or something? because when i saw it, for sale for 8k or whatever it was an un-engineered, home job turbo falcon, but damn straight...

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2007, 10:24 PM   #17
ORSMEB
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Tonko]
Just out of curiosity....
Why does it keep getting sold? is it a bit of a dud or something? because when i saw it, for sale for 8k or whatever it was an un-engineered, home job turbo falcon, but damn straight...
No, it's not a dud. It was a fantastic car. People who buy it have no cash so cannot keep it.

BTW, this thread is the biggest gossip session I've seen in ages. :

private9 owns the car now. He has plans for it. I had a ride in it and it is clear that the previous owners did nothing but neglect it. They showed no care and I have no respect for any of them.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:36 PM   #18
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKPHN
Hahah of the old beast!!! damn it would be nice to have the old boosted eb next to the phoon!!!

Private9 bought the car he doesn't really frequent the forums here he is more on the boosted site, there was talk of it being wrecked out but im not sure what happened in the end.
Hey Tristan, definitely not getting wrecked mate! Apparently there are quite a few people who believe that is has been wrecked, but that is not, and never will be the case! Apart from the fact that it's too nice, it just wouldn't make financial sense.

The car went from Tristan, to Josh (JD86) to Josh again (MAD-ED6) and then to me.

I've owned it for roughly 3 months now and it is, and will remain to be my daily driver. I love driving this thing, and it's just so anonymous, nobody ever suspects a thing!

Haven't done a heap to it so far, other than fix lots of little things in the interior, rehung the bumper, steamcleaned the interior, and clean and polish it.

The car goes to CVE to have a few things sorted this week, and then goes back for a Metal/Magic cat and 3" exhaust around Jan at some stage. I've got a nice stereo to throw in it when I get time, and after the exhaust is done, it will go back for a tune on higher boost and see what sort of numbers it can pull without going too far.

Eventually the gearbox will obviously be an issue, but I'll deal with that when the time comes. Auto is a possibility, but I'd really prefer to keep it manual.

Other than that, I'm on the lookout for a clean EB2/ED Fairmont, Fairmont Ghia, or possibly XR, to raid for a nicer interior, electric windows etc etc. Eventually I may get a mate to respray, but at the moment I'm happy with the fact that it doesn't stand out and I don't have to worry too much about driving, parking etc.

Overall the car will stay a sleeper, and I won't be changing the look of the car. I'll start up a workshop build thread when I start making some changes.
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2007, 10:37 PM   #19
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRHEMI
Although Private9 does frequent to sell his wrecked parts - no actually he post alot on this forum so you should be able to get a hold ofhim and he will prob see this thread sooner or later
Hey mate, you were right, I saw the thread! I do frequent this forum every day without fail, and post where I think I can add value.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:40 PM   #20
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSMEB
No, it's not a dud. It was a fantastic car. People who buy it have no cash so cannot keep it.

private9 owns the car now. He has plans for it. I had a ride in it and it is clear that the previous owners did nothing but neglect it. They showed no care and I have no respect for any of them.
Thanks mate, definitely not a dud! I think the previous owners just needed the cash at the time.

Does need a bit of a cleanup, but it's already starting to look much tidier since I saw you!
Old 11-12-2007, 10:55 PM   #21
bentles
Banned

yeh the previous owners thought you beauty turbo falcon for 8k!

then realise after owning it turbo falcons break, shred tyres, need maintenance.

if you cant afford to do the job yourself then chances are you cant afford to maintain it either.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:50 AM   #22
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSMEB

I'd say as they didnt build it, they cant respect the car as much as its not their work. Same applies for 90% of the time when people buy already modified cars. If you mod your own car its much easier to take care of as you know how many long hours you've put into it. Thats just my thoughts anyway.

Glad to hear the car is still improving private9!
Old 12-12-2007, 08:09 AM   #23
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradensEBxr6
I'd say as they didnt build it, they cant respect the car as much as its not their work. Same applies for 90% of the time when people buy already modified cars. If you mod your own car its much easier to take care of as you know how many long hours you've put into it. Thats just my thoughts anyway.

Glad to hear the car is still improving private9!
Improving/being returned to it's former glory!

By the way JD86, why didn't you just PM me, you knew I bought the car, you and I have had a few PM's back and forth about it?!
Old 12-12-2007, 11:08 AM   #24
BLKPHN
ORSM FORD CRUSIERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by private9
Hey Tristan, definitely not getting wrecked mate! Apparently there are quite a few people who believe that is has been wrecked, but that is not, and never will be the case! Apart from the fact that it's too nice, it just wouldn't make financial sense.

The car went from Tristan, to Josh (JD86) to Josh again (MAD-ED6) and then to me.

I've owned it for roughly 3 months now and it is, and will remain to be my daily driver. I love driving this thing, and it's just so anonymous, nobody ever suspects a thing!

Haven't done a heap to it so far, other than fix lots of little things in the interior, rehung the bumper, steamcleaned the interior, and clean and polish it.

The car goes to CVE to have a few things sorted this week, and then goes back for a Metal/Magic cat and 3" exhaust around Jan at some stage. I've got a nice stereo to throw in it when I get time, and after the exhaust is done, it will go back for a tune on higher boost and see what sort of numbers it can pull without going too far.

Eventually the gearbox will obviously be an issue, but I'll deal with that when the time comes. Auto is a possibility, but I'd really prefer to keep it manual.

Other than that, I'm on the lookout for a clean EB2/ED Fairmont, Fairmont Ghia, or possibly XR, to raid for a nicer interior, electric windows etc etc. Eventually I may get a mate to respray, but at the moment I'm happy with the fact that it doesn't stand out and I don't have to worry too much about driving, parking etc.

Overall the car will stay a sleeper, and I won't be changing the look of the car. I'll start up a workshop build thread when I start making some changes.

Sounds absoultly fantastic mate, Its great to see that its treating you well, I'd love to come check it out again some day, the mods you have planned are exactly what i had on my list of things to do 3" exhaust etc, mind you the interior was imac when i had it but damn thats some 12 months ago,

I love that you like to keep it a a sleeper as thats what it was intended for when i built it to jump up and scare all those skylines and vl that were lurking around.

Good luck with it mate and i'd love to come see it again some day.

BTW if you want some photo's of it from when i built it and and before let us know.

Tristan

ah time to reminis,

Old 12-12-2007, 01:16 PM   #25
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentles
i bet thats the first time you've ever said that
Was a refreshing change :P
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2007, 02:33 PM   #26
JD86
DELANY

the car was fine when i sold it just needed a tune

yeh private9 i remember own pm's but couldnt remember your user name and those pms are now deleted and didnt know if you brought it or not and just wondered where it was

hope you enjoy it as much as i did
Old 12-12-2007, 06:05 PM   #27
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD86
the car was fine when i sold it just needed a tune

yeh private9 i remember own pm's but couldnt remember your user name and those pms are now deleted and didnt know if you brought it or not and just wondered where it was

hope you enjoy it as much as i did
It's all good mate, I'm loving it! As of Monday I'm now driving the old girl 120km a day to and from work!
Old 12-12-2007, 09:35 PM   #28
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKPHN
Sounds absoultly fantastic mate, Its great to see that its treating you well, I'd love to come check it out again some day, the mods you have planned are exactly what i had on my list of things to do 3" exhaust etc, mind you the interior was imac when i had it but damn thats some 12 months ago,

I love that you like to keep it a a sleeper as thats what it was intended for when i built it to jump up and scare all those skylines and vl that were lurking around.

Good luck with it mate and i'd love to come see it again some day.

BTW if you want some photo's of it from when i built it and and before let us know.

Tristan
Thanks Tristan!

Was actually gonna try and catch up with you at a cruise that ORSMEB invited me along to, but just haven't been able to find the time - but we will catch up eventually, would be great!

The interior is still near immac, especially since I've just steamed the seats and trims, and shampooed the carpet, but I just want electric windows - meaning either Fairmont or Fairmont Ghia trim.

50/50 Ghia Veleour/leather seats would be nice (and supportive too) but I think I actually prefer the lower spec Fairmont stuff EB2/ED), as it is much more understated and fits in better with the theme of the car. May have to chuck a Ghia wheel on too, as with all the freeway driving I'm doing now cruise would be nice, but again I really like the gli look believe it or not.

I'll probably add a console back in too. Although it looks great without, I really need somewhere to keep crap! I have an AU one, but I think I'll keep with the EB/ED style.

Will definitely be keeping it dumped on the EF Futura's, and sleeper style - to me the look and feel of the car is perfect as is!

Know exactly what you're saying with all those skylines and VLs lurking about, have had some very confused looks hapenning from people!

Anyhow, catch up soon mate.

Thanks,

Justin.
Old 14-12-2007, 08:32 PM   #29
XR6TickfordBoy
Now XR8TickfordBoy

I remember seeing this at the old-school mini-meets when Tristan first put it together, was extremely impressed. From the time JD86 sold it, it sounded like it may have developed a few probs, but good to see it's still in 1 piece. Cleanest most thought out project car I had seen at the time! Credit to tristan and i'm sure it will be around for a long time due to the care Tristan originally put into it!
EF XR8- Respray in Monza Red with Clear Coat, Custom Rear Bar, AU V8, EL GT MAF, Rebuilt and Strengthened Auto with Stage 2 Shift Kit, 2,500RPM Stallie and tranny cooler, Rebuilt Diff with 4.11 Gears, Custom Radiator, King Ultra Lows, Pedders Shocks, NL Concorde Rims.
XR6TickfordBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post