Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 18-12-2007, 08:34 AM   #31
klawsterfobik
Bad Music and Litre Bikes

...says the guy with a defect sticker as his avatar.

I'm sure there are people out there that say its ok to break the law in other respects, but would you listen to them if they said you could do an armed robbery and there would be a 99% chance that nothing will happen?

18's will look good, and you wont have the stress of concentrating on the Police car sitting behind you if you know your car is roadworthy.
Anyway. Enough reality, back to the topic.
klawsterfobik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2007, 08:48 AM   #32
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Another reminder that the OzECruisers do not condone any illegal modifications to vehicles.

On another note & I may sound a bit like a mother in saying this, Keep to the 18's. There are rims that look awesome in this size & you wont have to worry about defects and the like.
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2007, 09:09 AM   #33
xy351
XC 351 GXL toploader 9"

19's just look so much better though. unless i put ultra lows in the rear that would probably make it look better with 18's. but if its just the fine and i dont lose points then i'll probably get 19's. when you do get defected does that mean that they make sure you change it or do they just fine you and send you on your way?
Old 18-12-2007, 09:22 AM   #34
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A defect notice on your car, depending on what they get you for(can be many things after they go over your car), can at worst render you car immobilised. That would mean not only do you get to pay to put(in your case) new rims on the car (legal size) you also get a fine & most likely a tow truck fee. There is also the costs associated in clearing the defect(s).

For the sake of one inch I cant for the life of me see the point. Not when there are so many other options out there in a rim size that is legal.
Old 18-12-2007, 09:25 AM   #35
xy351
XC 351 GXL toploader 9"

at best?
Old 18-12-2007, 09:33 AM   #36
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

At best you get a sticker on your window, you will still have to rectify the problem and any other problems they find with your vehicle. You will be given an amount of time to get this fixed and if not by that time limit your car will not be able to be driven. You will still have the possibility of a fine as well as the associated costs to remove the defect notice.

We must remember that in this day and age with all of the hoon laws that are about, any of us with a modified vehicle whether it be legal or not are attracting attention. You state yourself that being on P plates you feel that you are targeted more so. I am finding it hard to understand with all of that and the questions you are still asking that you would still consider putting anything illegal on your car.
Old 18-12-2007, 11:02 AM   #37
xy351
XC 351 GXL toploader 9"

mothernature i think you talked me out of it and i think its for the best. im gonna go (i think) monroe gt gas, super lows front, ultra lows rear, 18in bf mk11 typhoon rims. what you all think?
Old 18-12-2007, 12:59 PM   #38
BLKPHN
ORSM FORD CRUSIERS

Bingo! will look great!! 19" would be better but .. meh! i guess you wouldn't want to be exactly the same as me but hey everyone can try!!! HAHA

Strive for perfection in everything we do. Take the best that exists and make it better.
When it does not exist, design it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough.

-[BLKPHN] (VIC) PLATES FOR SALE $495.00-
BLKPHN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2007, 01:30 PM   #39
xy351
XC 351 GXL toploader 9"

lol yeah good one blkphn. but seriously it should look good. and plus ill save a bit of money going 18's instead of 19's. ill also save alot of worry when the boys in blue are near me. or do you think i should go ultra lows all round? or just the back?
Old 18-12-2007, 02:18 PM   #40
BLKPHN
ORSM FORD CRUSIERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by xy351
lol yeah good one blkphn. but seriously it should look good. and plus ill save a bit of money going 18's instead of 19's. ill also save alot of worry when the boys in blue are near me. or do you think i should go ultra lows all round? or just the back?

In my Eb i had superlows up front and Ultra lows at the back, it sat nice ans evan not slanted at the back or the front. I would say stick with a formula like that to be safe. Ithink DRHEMI went ultra's back and super front. Its a happy meduim as much as i love g-spec lowering jobs.

Tristan

Strive for perfection in everything we do. Take the best that exists and make it better.
When it does not exist, design it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough.

-[BLKPHN] (VIC) PLATES FOR SALE $495.00-
BLKPHN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2007, 03:16 PM   #41
xy351
XC 351 GXL toploader 9"

yeah should be good! i think im gonna go with kyb shocks now though. apperantly the better then mon gt's. cheers for everyones input. much appreciated.
Old 19-12-2007, 07:17 PM   #42
xy351
XC 351 GXL toploader 9"

ultra lows are legal hey?
Old 19-12-2007, 07:28 PM   #43
xy351
XC 351 GXL toploader 9"

oh and if i could get your opinion on which shocks would suit my car from www.kyb.com.au i think the agx ones are good
Old 19-12-2007, 08:51 PM   #44
xy351
XC 351 GXL toploader 9"

are ultra lows legal? bloody ill get targeted on p plated but if theyre legal i have nothing to worry about.
Old 19-12-2007, 10:04 PM   #45
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Super Lows will be legal, ultra lows will all depend on how low your exhaust is.....................

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2007, 11:02 PM   #46
xy351
XC 351 GXL toploader 9"

when i get my exhaust done can i ask them to use like slim line mufflers or something so it has good clearance? will that make the right clearence do you think?
Old 19-12-2007, 11:04 PM   #47
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Its usually the center muffler thats the issue but slimline mufflers would do the job, i should look into that as well

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2007, 07:42 AM   #48
xy351
XC 351 GXL toploader 9"

if i go superlows all round will i need shortened shocks? whats the benefit? will it make the car sit any lower?