Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 18-12-2007, 09:46 PM   #1
Hibbz
The Mod Bug Has Hit

Default Cluster Differences

Hey Guys

I was wondering what the differences between a au3 xr8 dash and a au3 Fairmont dash??

Because there is a fairmont dash on ebay with a xr8 blue facia and wanting to know if its different to an xr8's cluster.

Thanks Jake

Old 18-12-2007, 09:53 PM   #2
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the XR has a 240 K speedo the fairmont has a door open outline that will show which door boot or fuel flap is open AFAIK these are the main differences if the fairmont cluster has a tickford facia steer clear of it the speedo will read wrong as the scale is more compressed on the XR facia to accomodate the 240K reading the only way to fix this is to get an instrument tech to recalibrate it
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2007, 10:03 PM   #3
Hibbz
The Mod Bug Has Hit

Thanks for the quick reply

Now for questions lol

Is the speedo going to be out by a percentage like when i installed my 3.9's and can be fixed the same way?? ( 2 jaycar setups one wired before one wired after)

How can i get the door function to work on my forte or will it automatically work??

Thanks Jake
Old 18-12-2007, 10:53 PM   #4
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i think it would be a percentage but you would need to work that out as for the door function you would have to do some rewiring
Old 19-12-2007, 09:37 PM   #5
AU1XLS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Door function works but shows all doors open when only one is open
AU1XLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2007, 08:46 AM   #6
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

AFAIK it will show just the car outline but not the actual door indicators