Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 14-06-2005, 02:30 AM   #1
EB-maen
Rise, Toybota!

Default Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Was just wondering if anyone else know of the new need for speed game coming out? The visuals are pretty impressive, plus it has one of these ::
gt
I suggest heading over to the website and having a look at the video, the environments look pretty damn good, plus they've brought back the police. I miss the days when there were just exotics like the good ol diablo and mclaren, lol, but I suppose the customisation thing is a nice touch.

What 's the general consensus, does it look alright? I reckon it definitely looks interesting

13.156 @ 110kph... down the highway :P

EB-maen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2005, 02:39 AM   #2
InitialD
Low and Loud

The graphics look awesome, sounds like a mix of underground a Hot Persuit 2.

Aslong as they let you rice up your ride,etc Im happy..

Sounds good ;) I remember reading about this a couple of months ago

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2005, 02:48 AM   #3
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

Looks interesting, hope it's better then the last one which didn't exactly impress me, oddly enough.
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2005, 02:54 AM   #4
EB-maen
Rise, Toybota!

I was proud of my 10 star mustang, cos I tried to keep the rice as minimal as possible, lol, but the body kit actually looks lower than the wheels in this pic

I can't picture a riced up GT(40) though, it boggles the mind

Old 14-06-2005, 02:17 PM   #5
XRated
Shoot.

As much as I have a broad mind, there was just no way I could get into the NFS Underground series. This doesn't seem much better (look at that poor Beemer :(). Give me a game with semi-realism like GT3/GT4 anyday!

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2005, 02:49 PM   #6
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think they need damage engines both for Gran Turismo and NFSMW. Has anyone played a game called Street Legal? You basically technically build a car down to panels and such. Then when your cruisin on the street if you have an accident your car gets totaled and the damage is awesome.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2005, 02:51 PM   #7
The MaDDeSTMaN

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRated
As much as I have a broad mind, there was just no way I could get into the NFS Underground series. This doesn't seem much better (look at that poor Beemer :(). Give me a game with semi-realism like GT3/GT4 anyday!
Yeah, same here. Although I don't mind an arcade style racer, a simulation will hold my interest for much longer. That and the whole 'rice up your ride' aspect to the underground series didn't exactly excite me...
Old 14-06-2005, 02:52 PM   #8
The MaDDeSTMaN

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
I think they need damage engines both for Gran Turismo and NFSMW. Has anyone played a game called Street Legal? You basically technically build a car down to panels and such. Then when your cruisin on the street if you have an accident your car gets totaled and the damage is awesome.
Yeah, not a bad game at all that one. Pity it runs sooo slowly on my machine. :(
Old 14-06-2005, 02:57 PM   #9
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MaDDeSTMaN
Yeah, not a bad game at all that one. Pity it runs sooo slowly on my machine. :(
Yeah i had it installed on my comp but then formatted and couldnt get it again. A lot of fun though nonetheless.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2005, 03:06 PM   #10
Simmo
White Lightning

oh thank god YES!!! ive been waiting for nfs to go back to the good old days. dont get me wrong i love underground2. its great fun. but i miss the exotics. looks like its gonna be another great milestone on the need for speed road. still the best 'street' car racing games ever.
Simmo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2005, 03:16 PM   #11
EFFalcon
Last warning

I've been lookin' forward to the new one.
still a while to go though, november release date.
I can't wait for the cop action to be back
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2005, 04:02 PM   #12
Danny
GT4.

I reckon I'm sort of getting over the whole Fast and Furious Try hard games.... GT4 is REAL, NFS just doesnt come near being real, Not that its meant to, it just tries too hard to be FnF Dawg....
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2005, 04:09 PM   #13
Steffo
LPG > You

I always look forward to the next NFS game. I love the NFS series. And what's wrong with Underground 2? Rice in real life sucks, but its fun in computer games...
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2005, 06:47 PM   #14
K_Man
Whoa, this is heavy!

Porsche 2000 was the best NFS game IMO. Close 2nd being NFS1. Underground was only good for drift :
Old 14-06-2005, 06:55 PM   #15
Mike Gayner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

God when will they move away from the gay rice crap and go back to sexy, standard exotics like the old days? I played every NFS game right from the very start and owned most of them, but Underground 1 + 2 are just crap. It's not NFS without cops and I simply cannot enjoy the rice crap. It's just like GTA - I absolutely love GTA 1, 2, 3 and Vice City but I can't get into San Andreas because of what I called the "G" factor. I'm not into that gangstah crap same way I'm not into the rice crap. I miss Hot Pursuit 2. Imagine that game on todays technology. Drool.

Edit- Just reading through the blurb this one actually might be quite fun - best of both worlds, if you will.
Mike Gayner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2005, 07:14 PM   #16
XRated
Shoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Gayner
God when will they move away from the gay rice crap and go back to sexy, standard exotics like the old days? I played every NFS game right from the very start and owned most of them, but Underground 1 + 2 are just crap.
Ahh my sentiments exactly! I remember having the original NFS demo on a PC mag CD and used to love doing burnouts in the Viper RT/10 Bought the game new, as well as NFS II SE, NFS 3 and HP. Loved them all!

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2005, 07:27 PM   #17
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Man
Porsche 2000 was the best NFS game IMO. Close 2nd being NFS1. Underground was only good for drift :
Porsche Unleashed was definitley the best NFS game ever. I used to have a save game with every single car in the game (all 80 + the extra add on ones, 928 GTS, 959, 996 GT3 and 993 GT2), each one with all the performance enhancements done to it. Took me ages to do.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2005, 08:00 PM   #18
EB-maen
Rise, Toybota!

Quote:
I miss Hot Pursuit 2. Imagine that game on todays technology. Drool.
lol, i just re-installed that lastnight for the hell of it, took the ts50 for a spin (among other things like mclaren f1) and i forgot that the game had damage. Personally I prefer games with damage cos it seems a bit more realistic and also makes you play the game in such a way, unlike in underground1 and 2 where i found it quicker to go full speed into a corner with the mustang and turn at the last second, basically 'bouncing' off the wall; this obviously isn't the way to drive. The police used to be what made need for speed what it was I believe, and I'm glad they've been brought back. Not only could you get police versions of the murcielago and diablo, viper, this was awesome too:

Old 14-06-2005, 08:52 PM   #19
Mike Gayner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I agree, it just didn't feel like NFS without cops.
Mike Gayner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2005, 09:53 PM   #20
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

Those visuals look pretty good but they always look good until you actually get the game and they look way different
M14A-Mclaren is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post