Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 20-02-2008, 02:43 PM   #1
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

Default AU2 Brakes on AU1

Hey guys I have got some AU2 calipers (all 4) disc's, pads, braided lines.

I want to put these on my ute which is AU1.
Ba to au brake thread has way to much info to understand.

So whats needed?

poolkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2008, 02:52 PM   #2
sly
Sly like a G6

Try this search http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...r+control+arms it will bring up a list of threads containing the words "lower control arms", some of which are brake-related. Near the top of the list is a thread about "Brake Upgrade for the Mechanically Challenged". It's a lot smaller and more digestible than the huge BA upgrade thread, and should tell you everything you need to know about changing the front brakes.

As for the rears, are the AU2 discs & calipers from a ute/wagon, live axle sedan or IRS sedan? Some have found that the AU2 on rear calipers need 3mm spacers to line up with the discs on some AU1 sedans. I fitted BA ute/wagon rears to my AU1 wagon and they bolted straight on without mods.
The Frankenfalcon... AU1.5 Wagon, BA brakes, AU2 booster, BA2 XR6T engine, stock from airbox to turbo, 8psi/98 octane tune 240RWKW, BF XR6T cat, quiet 3" zorst, Pex BSO660 & BSO439 mufflers, 84 db, built BTR box, 3.08 LSD, Emer SVI LPG, AU1 XR8 alloys, Momo wheel, JVC KDR746BT head unit, Aerpro steering wheel control wiring.

Sleeper, anyone?

Last edited by sly; 20-02-2008 at 02:58 PM.
sly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2008, 05:50 PM   #3
HLC
Audi S3

i bolted BA2 ute brakes to my AU2 sedan. and they all work.

not that that helps much.
Old 20-02-2008, 06:27 PM   #4
sly
Sly like a G6

I think the issue might be with IRS AU's... not sure and probably not relevant. I just wanted him to know that if he went to bolt on the rears and the calipers didn't line up with the discs, that others had solved the problem before.

Ooops, just re-read your post, see what you mean (not v. well today). Trying to get every last skerrick of brake performance then? Do you have a fairly wide unswept band around the hub? The inner ends of my slots are outside the pads.
The Frankenfalcon... AU1.5 Wagon, BA brakes, AU2 booster, BA2 XR6T engine, stock from airbox to turbo, 8psi/98 octane tune 240RWKW, BF XR6T cat, quiet 3" zorst, Pex BSO660 & BSO439 mufflers, 84 db, built BTR box, 3.08 LSD, Emer SVI LPG, AU1 XR8 alloys, Momo wheel, JVC KDR746BT head unit, Aerpro steering wheel control wiring.

Sleeper, anyone?
sly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2008, 12:57 PM   #5
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

It all came off a ute guys, Ill check out that link now.
poolkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post