Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Closed Thread

Old 24-02-2008, 08:43 PM   #1
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Positive Displacement blower for the I6

Has anyone done it? I've heard bits and pieces but have seen no photos.
I've been looking into it lately and for the same cost of a belt driven turbo kit, I think I could have a reasonable setup using an M90. Only issue is I can't see a way of doing it without loosing the air con compressor.

Old 24-02-2008, 10:50 PM   #2
joseph23

stockau its easy to do it without losing the air con compressor i run a whipple on my au 2 falcon and still have air con and everything. Still run the single belt just bigger so it goes over the supercharger pulley.
I would post pics but it has cost me a bit and im not about to share the details with people unless it benefits me in same way.

But the simple answer is yes it is possible and is quite easy to do without using the air con.
Old 24-02-2008, 10:54 PM   #3
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph23
stockau its easy to do it without losing the air con compressor i run a whipple on my au 2 falcon and still have air con and everything. Still run the single belt just bigger so it goes over the supercharger pulley.
I would post pics but it has cost me a bit and im not about to share the details with people unless it benefits me in same way.

But the simple answer is yes it is possible and is quite easy to do without using the air con.
Thats a great attitude to have mate, why bother posting at all?
The idea of these forums is sharing ideas, guess what, you probably aren't going to make your money back, people will atempt these things wether any info is there or not, so why not try and help people not make similar mistakes to what you might have durring the proccess
Old 24-02-2008, 11:03 PM   #4
dishpig
Only an xr6...

Mate usally the only thing that benifits you form modding your car is having more power etc.

TICKFORD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>FPV
Old 24-02-2008, 11:03 PM   #5
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Quote:

Hey, you're onto something!!! I'm going to quickly PM the Moderators and get my build thread deleted right now!!!

I'd hate to help someone without it benefitting me!!!!!!

Unreal.

Daniel
Old 24-02-2008, 11:15 PM   #6
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

Quote:

Oh. God. Rodger Cordia Has Bought An Au. We are DOOMED!
Old 24-02-2008, 11:21 PM   #7
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
Hey, you're onto something!!! I'm going to quickly PM the Moderators and get my build thread deleted right now!!!

I'd hate to help someone without it benefitting me!!!!!!

Unreal.

Daniel
Mate, your thread is a detailed "how to" with step by step instructions, this gitt thinks it to much to post a photo of his finished engine bay.
Old 24-02-2008, 11:23 PM   #8
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockoau
Mate, your thread is a detailed "how to" with step by step instructions, this gitt thinks it to much to post a photo of his finished engine bay.
I'm still reeling in disbelief!

Daniel
Old 25-02-2008, 12:13 AM   #9
schnoods
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Heres one of an EF I6, he's a fellow member of Perth eseries.

He ended up making 270 honest rwhp on 10 psi, motor is being replaced by a AU one, should be alright when its done.

Quote:
I can understand that you have poured money in, not willing to give away what you paid for. When I bought my blower bracket from Capa a few mates asked me to make a couple of templates, i declined as I paid full price for it and wont have a need for another. Cant sell the design as it would be patented, so I just left it.

Doesnt mean it should be brought up though, If you dont want to show it, Maybe its better to keep quiet about it.

95 EF XR8, Advance headers, Vortech V2 t trim blower, Ported Cobra Manifold, Capa Switch Chip Eliminator. 307 rwhp 395 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105mph

Now NA- AFR 165 heads, 1.6RR, Ported Cobra 269rwhp 14.2 ... needs stall and 4.11's

1977 CL Chrysler Panel Van, 360, 727 torqueflite auto soon to be restored.
Old 25-02-2008, 09:21 AM   #10
sly
Sly like a G6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockoau
Has anyone done it? I've heard bits and pieces but have seen no photos.
I've been looking into it lately and for the same cost of a belt driven turbo kit, I think I could have a reasonable setup using an M90. Only issue is I can't see a way of doing it without loosing the air con compressor.
You're not looking at those $780 brand new M90's on Ebay by any chance? I read somewhere the Eaton blowers can mount rightside up, upside down or sideways... sideways in place of the BBM would be nice but I don't think there's quite enough room.

xfpaul on Fordmods (Forced Induction workshop) has posted a pic of an M90 setup with FMIC on an NC 'Lane... IIRC it has an AU I6 fitted, he made a log manifold to suit.
The Frankenfalcon... AU1.5 Wagon, BA brakes, AU2 booster, BA2 XR6T engine, stock from airbox to turbo, 8psi/98 octane tune 240RWKW, BF XR6T cat, quiet 3" zorst, Pex BSO660 & BSO439 mufflers, 84 db, built BTR box, 3.08 LSD, Emer SVI LPG, AU1 XR8 alloys, Momo wheel, JVC KDR746BT head unit, Aerpro steering wheel control wiring.

Sleeper, anyone?
Old 25-02-2008, 09:45 AM   #11
joseph23

Well gee sorry but the design of the manifold is patented by my mate who made it so i cant really sell it plus now the mate of mine who made it has a dyno shop is looking at starting to put my kit in to a kit form for people to buy.
Basicly if the kits was to go into production it would take around 2 week to make the manifold and about another week to get the whipple from th e states.
The kit would consist of:
New inlet manifold
New whipple supercharger
New injectors
Water to air intercooler simialr to the yella terra style for the boss engines
New flash tuner
New serpintine belt
All bolts and brackets to mount everything.

At this stage the price isnt definate but he is thinking around the $7500 for non intercooled and around $8500 for intercooled.
Old 25-02-2008, 10:15 AM   #12
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly
You're not looking at those $780 brand new M90's on Ebay by any chance? I read somewhere the Eaton blowers can mount rightside up, upside down or sideways... sideways in place of the BBM would be nice but I don't think there's quite enough room.

xfpaul on Fordmods (Forced Induction workshop) has posted a pic of an M90 setup with FMIC on an NC 'Lane... IIRC it has an AU I6 fitted, he made a log manifold to suit.
Yes the M90’s can be mounted in any manner, this is one of the reasons I have been looking at them, the other reason is that they were fitted to Commodores for a few years resulting in them being fairly cheap to pick up.
I was just going to buy one that’s shagged to start off with to see how to go about mounting it remotely, as I wouldn’t waste my time trying to make a manifold that won’t have the issue of running a few cylinders leaner then others.
Old 25-02-2008, 11:00 AM   #13
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Well gee sorry but the design of the manifold is patented by my mate who made it so i cant really sell it plus now the mate of mine who made it has a dyno shop is looking at starting to put my kit in to a kit form for people to buy.
Basicly if the kits was to go into production it would take around 2 week to make the manifold and about another week to get the whipple from th e states.
The kit would consist of:
New inlet manifold
New whipple supercharger
New injectors
Water to air intercooler simialr to the yella terra style for the boss engines
New flash tuner
New serpintine belt
All bolts and brackets to mount everything.

At this stage the price isnt definate but he is thinking around the $7500 for non intercooled and around $8500 for intercooled.
One moment you’re saying you won’t share info if it doesn’t line your pockets, now you can’t sell your manifold because your mate patented it?
How many of these do you or your mate expect to sell if the pictures are classified?
Capa’s kits are also patented, yet they are pictured everywhere including on their site,why? It is called advertising.
Old 25-02-2008, 11:31 AM   #14
honer
Back to N/A land

lol... so true stockoau
Old 25-02-2008, 12:31 PM   #15
joseph23

Because at this stage the only manifold completed is on my car and there in no point in showing a pic because all that can be seen is the supercharger, so until another manifold is made there wont be any pics. The manifold is about half way welded but cause of the triple 8 crash at the clipsal he is going to have very little time for the next couple of weeks to finish the manifold.

Once the manifold id completed and finsihed i will post pics and prices of each individual parts if people want.
Old 25-02-2008, 12:36 PM   #16
HLC
Audi S3

this thread is a laugh :

i didn't think that sponsors couldnt advertise their products.

if you dont want people to know about it mate, dont talk about it and advertise the fact.

im watching this thread. oooooooooooh scary : : :
Old 25-02-2008, 12:58 PM   #17
joseph23

HLC the kit that is being made if different to mine so i don't care about people knowing about the kit. If people want a kit like mine then it will be basicly another $4000 dearer as i am not running the whipple 2.3l supercharger anymore. The kit that is being sold is going to run the 2.3l whipple. The manifold that mine is running is different tot he one being made to show people pics of.

SO how many people woudl be interested in the kit when the prices and pics are up?
Old 25-02-2008, 01:01 PM   #18
Eu-GenixX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

no one asked to see the manifold...

all that was asked was to see the engine bay to see how it would sit....

perhaps we should all stop posting and sharing info until they set up paypal or something to charge for sharing ideas....
Old 25-02-2008, 01:31 PM   #19
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
HLC the kit that is being made if different to mine so i don't care about people knowing about the kit. If people want a kit like mine then it will be basicly another $4000 dearer as i am not running the whipple 2.3l supercharger anymore. The kit that is being sold is going to run the 2.3l whipple. The manifold that mine is running is different tot he one being made to show people pics of.

SO how many people woudl be interested in the kit when the prices and pics are up?
Mate, there is absolutely no consistency in the story you are posting. With each post I (like others I'd suspect) am finding it harder to understand what you are saying. Last night you were running the Whipple, by lunchtime today you have a different setup?
Old 25-02-2008, 02:48 PM   #20
sly
Sly like a G6

The 2.3l Whipple on the I6 would need some serious bottom-end surgery or be underdriven to buggery. I'd suggest the 1.6l unit would be a better match for unopened engines.

Stockoau, were you going to attack this yourself or have a fab shop make up a manifold? I'd thought about getting a shagged M90 to mock up, but I can't be without my daily driver. A workmate who has contacts in the Taxi co-op in his town murmured to me recently that he knows where to get hold of an AU2 ex-taxi for all of $1000. Would be interesting to deliver that to a workshop for a few weeks for them to play with....
The Frankenfalcon... AU1.5 Wagon, BA brakes, AU2 booster, BA2 XR6T engine, stock from airbox to turbo, 8psi/98 octane tune 240RWKW, BF XR6T cat, quiet 3" zorst, Pex BSO660 & BSO439 mufflers, 84 db, built BTR box, 3.08 LSD, Emer SVI LPG, AU1 XR8 alloys, Momo wheel, JVC KDR746BT head unit, Aerpro steering wheel control wiring.

Sleeper, anyone?
Old 25-02-2008, 02:49 PM   #21
TwistedEL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I bet he's got a snotty nose and is home from school

Tell you what mate, can we see pictures of the outside of your car, you know, the bits that are patented by Ford? Or are Ford not allowing you to do that?
Old 25-02-2008, 03:31 PM   #22
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly
The 2.3l Whipple on the I6 would need some serious bottom-end surgery or be underdriven to buggery. I'd suggest the 1.6l unit would be a better match for unopened engines.

Stockoau, were you going to attack this yourself or have a fab shop make up a manifold? I'd thought about getting a shagged M90 to mock up, but I can't be without my daily driver. A workmate who has contacts in the Taxi co-op in his town murmured to me recently that he knows where to get hold of an AU2 ex-taxi for all of $1000. Would be interesting to deliver that to a workshop for a few weeks for them to play with....
As I said previously, if I go ahead with this it would be mounted remotely as in like a capa or Raptor kit. This also means my car wouldn't need to be off the road during the entire process, the only issue I am having at this stage is figuring out if it would be possible without loosing the aircon. The car would keep the factory manifold, I would need to get something fabricated for the outlet of the M90 to be able to just run a 3"pipe from it to the throttle body. This is the cheapest and easiest option, also as I said before, trying to make a manifold for the blower to bolt straight up to on an I6 is going to be difficult and more then likely cause some cylinders to run leaner then others.
Old 25-02-2008, 03:38 PM   #23
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedEL
I bet he's got a snotty nose and is home from school

Tell you what mate, can we see pictures of the outside of your car, you know, the bits that are patented by Ford? Or are Ford not allowing you to do that?
Give him a break, here is a post from another thread I have found.
Quote:
Hello you i have a manifold to run the same whipple supercharger that are fitting on the boss 290 enigines. I have everythign on the car and i am just running it in. SO at the moment it has a really soft tune and only running around 8 pounds of boost. But it has made 200rwkw at about 2500rpm on the soft tune.
Now does this doesn't sound like school yard bull crap.
Old 25-02-2008, 04:14 PM   #24
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

Quote:

YOU ARE A STOOGE !

Why would anyone give a Hell about your kit when they can get a Brand Name Kit , thats Highly Advertised , Highly Used and Highly Warranted at a Lower Price .. And Before you think of something Good to comeback with .. remember , You cant Sell anything Commercially unless your a Sponsor and friend of mine , you aint ..

StockoAu , Capa has Photos up of their PD kits , and If you PM Matt@yellaTerra , he can explain how the PD kits for the I6 are coming along ..

Old 25-02-2008, 04:18 PM   #25
HLC
Audi S3

this thread is getting out of hand.

Joseph23, how about you post some straight facts instead of changing your story. even that being said, you cant advertise or offer to sell your product without being a site sponsor.

Everyone else, settle down.

Take it to PM if you have a problem.

Old 25-02-2008, 09:03 PM   #26
b2tf
not here much anymore

I'm just going to add here that if you are not "willing" to share information, perhaps you should rethink your reasoning for joining a site like this one.