Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 28-02-2008, 12:12 PM   #31
el_xr6

can just see the car in that picture its so small, is that the car that was on sale on ebay.
im going to order a set of clear indicators off ratman when he replies to me.
+ Fully rebuilt engine to handle over 300rwkw anyday everyday + Hypatec pistons + Custom grind Clive turbo cam + 70mm throttle body +
Rebuilt Preston Automatics 300rwkw Transmission
STREET FORDS APRIL 2009
el_xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2008, 12:15 PM   #32
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_xr6
.......can just see the car in that picture its so small.........
Click this link to see pics http://www.fordforums.com.au/showpos...86&postcount=3

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2008, 05:25 PM   #33
efgiar
rofl copter

any pics of the motor and engine bay?

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2008, 06:27 PM   #34
el_xr6

i can get a pic of the engine bay, but the turbo isnt in at the moment, just polished rocker cover and stainless steel cooler piping is in and connected, it will be going in next week, i just ordered and payed for all the teflon braided stainless steel lines from snort performance, as soon as I get them ill be taking the car down to get the sump taken off and the oil return line fitting put on.
should i put a new oil pump in while the sump is off? ive been getting low oil pressure lately.
I got the 42lb injectors the other day in the mail.
Got another quote for ecu and tune, $1700 from maztech for microtech lt10s
ill have the cash next week to get it all running, dont know how long maztech will need it for.

just sent a money order to ratman for the clear side indicators so should see them on in about 4 days.
+ Fully rebuilt engine to handle over 300rwkw anyday everyday + Hypatec pistons + Custom grind Clive turbo cam + 70mm throttle body +
STREET FORDS APRIL 2009
Old 28-02-2008, 06:39 PM   #35
ford_gal_86

Looks insane Well done! Who did your interior?
ford_gal_86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2008, 06:42 PM   #36
el_xr6

My dad use to work in the railways, so he had connections from there and knew someone who use to work there and now has a automotive upholstery business on the other side of the city, think its called J & W Upholstery.
STREET FORDS APRIL 2009
Old 07-03-2008, 05:29 PM   #37
AllCoupedUp
Garage Dreaming...

Location: In the garage - waiting for the car to build itself!!

Great looking car mate. I'm impressed with the quality of the work too! It's good to see someone take the time to get it right, piece it all together, and have the attention to detail that makes the difference between a good job and an exceptional standout. Good luck with the turbo, will be good to see it all finished.
AllCoupedUp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2008, 05:35 PM   #38
el_xr6

thanks for the good comments, makes me feel like ive done it good, I finally put the clear indicators on yesterday, ratmans clear ones, dunno if im happy with the quality of the glue in the clear indicator its really messy. Might sell them soon.

I finally received the oil lines today from snort performance, they seem to be really good quality, only thing is that the fitting on the end of the line doesnt fit into my turbo so I have to go get another fitting tomorrow or monday, then ill get the oil drain line fitting put in on monday tuesday, then the car can go up on jackstands for all the turbo gear to go in, then drive it down to the exhaust place really early in the morning with no exhaust from the cat back. will only be a little loud lol. only about 5 kms anyway.
STREET FORDS APRIL 2009
Old 07-03-2008, 05:58 PM   #39
Homes
Falcon Loving Hermit

HOLY CRAP MATE...that is a beautiful car - makes me wanna trade in the AUII on a EL/EF...then get modding : beautiful work mate
Old 07-03-2008, 07:34 PM   #40
ROOSTA
DFDFDF

Looks great EL_XR6.. You've done a great job..

Best of luck with the turbo..

Cheers,
Nik
ROOSTA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post