Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 19-04-2008, 08:37 AM   #1
JMO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default BA/BF Shifter Handle in AU

Does anyone know if the BA/BF shifter handle (handle only, not the complete unit) will fit into the AU shift unit?

JMO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2008, 08:40 AM   #2
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

If I'm not mistaken, JC was looking into modifying these to fit AU's - I know he had success with EF/EL.
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2008, 08:47 AM   #3
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Yes and No. You can make them fit, but they break after about 4 months. So No, not really.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2008, 09:12 AM   #4
BFD83
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why bother? They look out of place in an AU, your better off just getting a MOMO shifter they look heaps better!
BFD83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2008, 09:13 AM   #5
JMO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Break how?
Old 19-04-2008, 12:13 PM   #6
waggaclint
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

do ya mean just the knob like this one http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Ford-BA-MOMO-...QQcmdZViewItem

or the whole assembly like this one
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-BA-BF-For...QQcmdZViewItem
waggaclint is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2008, 01:57 PM   #7
JMO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I meant the one in the first link.

I know someone on the forums (JC I think) used the whole unit in an AU, and got it working almost perfectly but had one of the cables burn through by one of the pipes underneath.

Like I said, I'm only looking at putting the shifter (first link) on.
Old 19-04-2008, 03:18 PM   #8
b2tf
not here much anymore

Ive seen a 6 speed auto handle fitted to the standard AU handbrake setup and it looked out of place. Owner also said you need to really butcher the handle mechanism etc so once it's on it's on.
Old 19-04-2008, 03:31 PM   #9
JMO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Was the BA handle butchered or was it the parts from the AU (stem etc)? Was it put on the handbrake or the shifter?

If it was a forum member, do you mind giving me his name? I'd like to get a little more info on how it was done before trying (breaking :nutsycuck) it. As long as I'm not going to have to hack up parts of the AU, It should be alright.

Last edited by JMO; 19-04-2008 at 03:39 PM.
Old 19-04-2008, 04:39 PM   #10
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMO
Was the BA handle butchered or was it the parts from the AU (stem etc)? Was it put on the handbrake or the shifter?

If it was a forum member, do you mind giving me his name? I'd like to get a little more info on how it was done before trying (breaking :nutsycuck) it. As long as I'm not going to have to hack up parts of the AU, It should be alright.
The AU shifter mechanism was butchered, BF handle looked the same as it does in a BF. Was fitted to the shifter.

I dont think he is a forum member, I saw it at a carshow.
Old 19-04-2008, 05:41 PM   #11
teabags2
Bob

A stupid question probably but if you fit the BA one is that going to give you selectronic gear changes or does this bit not work?

Bob
teabags2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2008, 06:00 PM   #12
JMO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The person who did it on here got it to work, but that was a whole unit change. I remember there was something that went wrong but can't remember exactly. Can't remember who it was either but I'm pretty sure it was JC.
Old 19-04-2008, 06:48 PM   #13
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yes, it was jc and the issue was that the au trans won't hold 1st gear as the solenoid is mechanical, not electronic like the ba's and t series au's..it also needs a box to wire in for the sss to work
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post