Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 23-06-2005, 08:33 PM   #1
PULLY6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lightbulb E-Series Club Ideas

Hey everyone,

As an offshoot of the all-new www.deleted link, I think there is an issue that needs to be addressed.

A LOT of people don't have the time to spend browsing this forum. There are a lot of great E-Series cars out there that have no idea we exist or how to contact us, as a club. Therefore, I think two other methods of reaching people need to be addressed.

One - Email. I know John does email member re: cruises and events, but I think it needs to be state-specific and regular.

Two - SMS. I think if we could gather people's mobile numbers, we could SMS them when there's a cruise or event coming up. Telstra does an option where you get free SMS's after 8 to any network (an option I currently have). If we could organise some sort of SMS service, we could end up stirring *heaps* more interest in the club....

We need to have flyers to stick under our windscreens at All Ford Days etc, so people can take one and log onto www.deleted link, or SMS a designated member and register for the SMS service. All we need is a volunteer (or two) from each state to SMS and/or email people about E-Series events.

Just a thought! Let me know what you think.
Old 23-06-2005, 09:01 PM   #2
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Regular emails may be a bit difficult, like it can be a nightmare to have an event 100% organised from the word go. Such as the upcoming Victorian E-series cruise. Date & location are still being sorted out. Perhaps regular emails to E-series members with the thread links/titles should be sent out?

As for SMS, perhaps a standard E-Series template be sent out? IE

"The E-Series Owners Club has a new event occurring soon! Please refer to Fordforums.com.au for further information"

But I think emails will be the way to go for specific state events coming up.

-Dave-
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2005, 11:43 PM   #3
InitialD
Low and Loud

Quote:
Originally Posted by PULLY6
One - Email. I know John does email member re: cruises and events, but I think it needs to be state-specific and regular.
I know John has mentioned this many times to me and others that alot of the email address's he has on the database, come back as 'dud' address's or are returned to sender. I agree it would be a good idea but there is ALOT of work involved checking everyones email address's for validiation.
Quote:
Two - SMS. I think if we could gather people's mobile numbers, we could SMS them when there's a cruise or event coming up. Telstra does an option where you get free SMS's after 8 to any network (an option I currently have). If we could organise some sort of SMS service, we could end up stirring *heaps* more interest in the club....
This isnt going to be practical as someone will have to sit there SMS'ing like 1000 people in the database. I dont know how this could get more interest in the club as such? just saying ;)
Quote:
We need to have flyers to stick under our windscreens at All Ford Days etc, so people can take one and log onto www.deleted link, or SMS a designated member and register for the SMS service. All we need is a volunteer (or two) from each state to SMS and/or email people about E-Series events.
There is already some fliers made I think? But isnt it illegal to put flyers on peoples cars? Might be wrong there ;)

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2005, 02:41 AM   #4
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

It's illegal to put flyers under windscreen wipers, but it isn't illegal to hand a flyer or business card out to someone who says 'nice car' or comments on the E-Series stickers

1984 XE S-Pack 250 Sno White - LPG - Single Rail - 2.5" Exhaust

"Just because you don't understand something, does not make it wrong"

Aaron_EF8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2005, 03:44 AM   #5
MrQuan
Social Disaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L
Regular emails may be a bit difficult, like it can be a nightmare to have an event 100% organised from the word go. Such as the upcoming Victorian E-series cruise. Date & location are still being sorted out.
I think if events are organised with a set date, time, and location early enough people would be able to reserve that time on the calander.

There could even be a regular thing... like the first thursday or every month or whatever. Like any club, events need to be organised - if one or two can't make it at that time then it's a bit like too bad?! (If it's a regular meet, then there's always next time).

Set a date way in advance, or set a regular reacurring time and people can work their calalndars around that.

3.73 LSD | Darkest legal tint | tinted back lights | Sprayed Dash | Custom Trims
Sound System:
Fusion front splits, rear 3-ways, and 2 x 12" subs with ctrl, 3 x Fusion amps | Clarion HU | 1F Cap | 60GB Zen Xtra | 800W RMS output!
MrQuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2005, 08:43 AM   #6
FordGirl
The Goodz' PR Manager

I definitely think it's a good idea to have flyers or cards sitting in the console or something...there's far too many eseries cars getting around now that aren't in the club.
FordGirl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2005, 08:50 AM   #7
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordGirl
I definitely think it's a good idea to have flyers or cards sitting in the console or something...there's far too many eseries cars getting around now that aren't in the club.
Well possibly we are not aware they are in the club, there alot of guests always milling around, and alot of members who look but do not post.

Some of the cars I see around are damn fine examples of e-series as well, with a few HP under the bonnet as well.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2005, 08:53 AM   #8
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

What about car yards, wrekers or motor mechanics, draw up your flyers and ask if they can be placed at reception.
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2005, 08:57 AM   #9
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Surely strapp ford and peter warren would have to let us do it

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2005, 09:54 AM   #10
EFFalcon
Last warning

A note on the emails.
i currently DO send emails out for members in Victoria when it comes to meets.
returned emails get removed from the database to prune some members.

Any interstate meet organisers need only contact me with a drafted email and i'll send it off.
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2005, 03:30 PM   #11
LUXO_8
windsor user

there is a wreckers down here that asked me to bring in a poster/flyer...
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2005, 03:59 PM   #12
pepsimax

how about the free community advertising on some of the TV stations and radio stations,,wouldn't hurt to anounce whats happening a few days before hand
Old 24-06-2005, 04:15 PM   #13
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Also

getting some more cars together and heading upto Wagga Wagga would be a great idea.

As the event will be covered by at least 2 mags and hopefully someone from a leading newspaper it would be a great opportunity to get your name out there.
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2005, 04:17 PM   #14
santoitaliano
BF F6, APV SR3900

when is the proposed date for the all vic meet/cruise?
make is september.. after the 7th!

White APV SR3900 [WIZZRD] (Click Here) [/COLOR]

Daily:
2006 Red BF F6 Typhoon
Bluepower enhanced.
santoitaliano is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2005, 04:21 PM   #15
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
Also

getting some more cars together and heading upto Wagga Wagga would be a great idea.

As the event will be covered by at least 2 mags and hopefully someone from a leading newspaper it would be a great opportunity to get your name out there.
i'd love to if my car was reliable.....:(

damn wheezers....new engine coming soon.....
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2005, 04:48 PM   #16
FRDXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsimax
how about the free community advertising on some of the TV stations and radio stations,,wouldn't hurt to anounce whats happening a few days before hand
In the Herald Sun 'Cars Guide' on friday they have a whats-on section which i have noticed other car clubs advertise ther meets in.
FRDXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2005, 04:13 AM   #17
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

I did send E-mails out once to all the registered E-Series members in SA about a cruise, 3 bounced, about a dozen were regular members, and the remaining members didn't reply, or show up at the cruise. It sorts of makes you wonder how effective e-mails are...

Old 25-06-2005, 08:32 AM   #18
FordGirl
The Goodz' PR Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_EF8
I did send E-mails out once to all the registered E-Series members in SA about a cruise, 3 bounced, about a dozen were regular members, and the remaining members didn't reply, or show up at the cruise. It sorts of makes you wonder how effective e-mails are...
On the same token an email takes about... 3 minutes? It's worth it even if it is just to remind the regular members. If you get 1 or 2 new people coming out of it then fantastic! :1syellow1
FordGirl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2005, 11:54 AM   #19
EFFalcon
Last warning

in vic the emails have been effective.
deffinately had people turn up because of the email.
Old 26-06-2005, 11:58 AM   #20
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

I never look at my email. Good thing I'm a regular forum contributor otherwise I'd probably never know about the meets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2005, 12:27 PM   #21
EFFalcon
Last warning

thats the issue.
forum members know about the meets, thats easy
its those who sign up but don't use the forums that never knwo, the email helps that.
though i'm guessing there are still plenty who don't even get the email.
but it makes no difference to me.
Old 26-06-2005, 03:26 PM   #22
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

I'm not too familiar with group PMs but maybe one of these could work? Assuming everyone has the settings where a popup occurs when one receives a PM

Hopefully group PMs aren't a pain for the mods (whaddya reckon John?)

-Dave-
Old 26-06-2005, 03:33 PM   #23
EFFalcon
Last warning

group PM's can only be sent to a limited amount of ppl.
'technically' i should have everyones email, if i don't or they don't check it, and they miss out on a meet because of it, its their fault.
i don't think the issue is victoria, our meets have been fine thus far.
its more so for interstate that have really only had the forums as the way to inform ppl of meets.
Old 26-06-2005, 03:36 PM   #24
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

Well SA E-series meets have been almost as big as the Victorian ones of late, so SA isn't really having a problem with members either.

IMO E-mails would work better than PM's, to recieve a PM you need to log onto the forums, and all those people already know about the meets.. ;)

Old 26-06-2005, 04:00 PM   #25
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Yep, fair call (regarding PMs)

And the turnouts lately have been pretty awesome

I wasn't suggesting PMs replace emails. But it sounds like PMs would be a pain(limited numbers per each send).

Bring on the next E-Series meet ;)

-Dave-