Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 01-05-2008, 08:04 PM   #1
brad`
The Monty

Default 2 Problems!!

Hey i have to problems,
the first not so serious more a me off sort of thing. when my wipper blades are on even on intermeission, it thumps everytime it hits the top of the window and is ready to come down again, i have checked and it doesnt touch the side of the glass or anything else, i even moved it away from the window and tested it and it still thuds. only seems to be comming from the right hand side tho...

Second is, i hear a constand thudding noise (best weay i can describe) comming fr5om the rear of my car while driving over say 20kms an houror over, but evenw ith no music on a passanger cant hear it, im yet to have anyone in the rear seats to ask them. i think it might eitherr be a small hole in my xhaust or my diff.

am i juust being paranoid ?

brad` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 09:16 PM   #2
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad`
Hey i have to problems,
the first not so serious more a me off sort of thing. when my wipper blades are on even on intermeission, it thumps everytime it hits the top of the window and is ready to come down again, i have checked and it doesnt touch the side of the glass or anything else, i even moved it away from the window and tested it and it still thuds. only seems to be comming from the right hand side tho...?
If the wipers aren't scratching the screen and the they are wiping off the water well when you give it a squirt, I wouldn't worry about it. My wagon does the same thing, on the right side too.

Quote:
Second is, i hear a constand thudding noise (best weay i can describe) comming fr5om the rear of my car while driving over say 20kms an houror over, but evenw ith no music on a passanger cant hear it, im yet to have anyone in the rear seats to ask them. i think it might eitherr be a small hole in my xhaust or my diff.
You'll have to describe the noise more to give us a better idea.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 09:58 PM   #3
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Nah, doesn't sound like you're being paranoid. I've had a few cars with noisy wipers, (thudding) and they are damn annoying! If it's not stuffed wiper blades, I have no idea how to fix it though.

The noise in the rear you describe could be a wheel bearing. Does it get faster with speed?
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 10:46 PM   #4
Black XR
Narooma blue XR8 ute

Mine was the same replaced wiper arms {not just blades problem solved
Black XR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 11:02 PM   #5
brad`
The Monty

ok awesome thanks, ill work something out with the wipers and about the npoise, its hard to descirbe ill see if it gets faster while speeding haha
'gett back to u and let u know
brad` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:21 AM   #6
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Quote:
Could be a loose Shocky... i know mine has a bad thumping noise ever since i go back from Geelong... and its both the rear passenger shocky and an exhaust noise :P