Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 01-07-2005, 12:22 AM   #1
bakes_eb

Default t5 conversion getting it underway

hey guys im going to start the conversion tommorrow ill probaly just get the peddle fitted up tommorrow. Any tips from anyone who has done it before would be awsome. also what do you guys reccomend i do with the clutch havent checked the condition of the current one. should i just get a new one and what do you guys reccomend i get.
thanx heaps scott

bakes_eb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 09:21 AM   #2
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

After the experience my brother just had with his conversion I would recommend you get a new clutch. Do it right the first time, it will save you alot of time and hassles in the end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 06:19 PM   #3
sphell
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Exactly what Kenaz said ;)

And you may as well get a heavy duty one while your at it. Only costs a bit more and the pedal feel is pretty much the same if u get a RPM or Daiken one.
sphell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 10:10 PM   #4
Damo
Banned

Yeah get the pedal box outta the way first, that's probably the most time consuming and fidly job about the conversion. I got a new Excedy (daikin) clutch and my flywheel machined for $230, I don't think the clutch is HD but it seems good so far, try and get new bolts for the presure plate too and torque them up right, as i've snapped two, 1 whilst the gearbox was in :S not too pleasant that. If you don't get a new clutch atleast get the flywheel machined and a new spigot and thrust bearing. Make sure you have all the parts too, it's a bastard when you realsie you're 'missing bits' or bits are broken or dodgied up.

The top starter motor bolt is a bastard, but just persist with it and it will come out eventually. Also you'll need some decent extensions for the pedal box and a uni for the top bellhousing bolts. Make sure the clutch is ligned up right before the bolt up the box otherwise it won't go on, don't force it too much. Other than that if you follow the guide from ford-tech is all pretty easy, just nuts and bolt. :

Good luck with it, you'll love it once it's done.
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 03:51 PM   #5
Voxace
Now with T5

Yes definately get a new clutch, or you'll probably be swearing a couple of months down the track when the second hand one gives up.
Voxace is offline   Reply With Quote