Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 06-07-2005, 10:23 PM   #1
jjj

Default Lukey(motivator) extractors are they any good?

I am getting a set of headers next week and i am wondering if any guys have had much gains with lukey(motivator) pressed bent extractors on EL 6cyl auto's. I have done some research and Jim Mock used them before he made his own. They are dyno proven to give the best gains over the entire rev range. Pacemakers on automatics are suppose to kill low down torque and increase top end only.

Any feedback would be great.

Here is a pic of lukey extractors, i think??

Pacemaker 4499's
Megaflow 2.5in Cat
X-Force 2.5in Sports Exhaust
Champion STEEL igntion leads
K&N panel filter, EL GT Snorkel, modified airbox
16in Speedy Holotype-R mags on 225 tyres
jjj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2005, 10:37 PM   #2
sphell
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've got some Genie extractors u can buy if u want? They are designed more for good low down torque rather than high rpm power. $150 ;)
sphell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2005, 07:27 PM   #3
galapogos01
eec tweaker

pacey comp series have smaller primaries for better torque. i had them on my EA and rate them highly.

i had lukeys on my EF, changed to Mock extractors (paceys wouldnt fit) and noticed a massive difference isntantly. wouldnt waste the cash on lukeys personally, go the paceys.
galapogos01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2005, 07:31 PM   #4
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

I have some of the Lukeys, great sound but neither here nor there on performance, my head is only standard so I didn't get the gains.. If you are after a little more ooomph & nice note at a resonable cost though the Lukey's are good value imho...

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2005, 02:51 PM   #5
jjj

what about wildcat extractors(made by genie). On there website they make about 5 types for the I6, even one type that fits the standard exhaust flange.

Cheers Luke.

Pacemaker 4499's
Megaflow 2.5in Cat
Old 09-07-2005, 04:23 PM   #6
Rmyers
Does Steve have a car?

I'm pretty sure these are the headers Dave (thanatos) used to have in his car (the lukeys i mean). From what i remember, they were designed for more mid range torque but mainly sound :P

"When Chuck Norris jumps into water, he does not get wet, the water gets Chuck Norris..."
Rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2005, 05:06 PM   #7
jjj

i am goiing to get lukey's just found this interesting comment on a exhaust search.

Extractors

HI,

U already have the exhaust, and your CAT is massively large enough, trust me......ON dyno tests we have proven a loss of only 1rwkw with the cat U have......

Fit a set of the little looking LUKEY headers to it, in stainless or steel, IN FACT stainless can fatigur easier than steel........

These extractors are pretty cheap and fit easily......thay have produced more power and throttle response than any other set we have used............

USE THEM, THEY WORK. Some may look big and pretty, but these work.......

regards, brenden mock

Cheers Luke.

Pacemaker 4499's
Megaflow 2.5in Cat