Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-10-2008, 10:59 PM   #1
XW_GS
Paulie

Default 73 Coupe Shell Stolen!?

I was at the local 7/11 this morning to get some fuel and as i went to pay i saw an A4 bit of paper stuck on the window saying $2000 reward.

I read the rest saying that a 73 Ford Coupe was stolen from the premises at xxx xxxxx road

I instantly knew the house.

i do remember seeing the coupe and also a VH Charger just sitting there in the front yard.

the other thing i noticed was a 9" housing also sitting in the front yard.

now we are talking about a major road here near an intersection of another main road, so in peak times cars are banked up right past this property,
so its free advertising to the crooked.

He is silly for having these cars in the front yard for starters but he definitely does not deserve anything being stolen from his yard.

The coupe was only a shell with a bonnet.

Obviously it was rolled out of his driveway and straight onto a truck? or towed by another car??

On a main road?? something don't add up or am i too naive

My Website
www.freewebs.com/xwgs

:disco:

302 XWGS FAIRMONT C10 9" :
302 XW FAIRMONT 4 SP 9" :

Fact: an XW had a shaker before any XY did...... :Up_to_som

Should a 302 Cleveland really be called a 302 Geelong?? No 302's with a Cleveland block where built in Cleveland
XW_GS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2008, 11:52 PM   #2
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Id imagine it was easy to steal are in plain sight . People probly just saw a old shell bieng loaded on a truck and thought nothing of it .
My guess is they thought it was sold or being scraped. If you saw it i bet you would have thought the same and bye that time its to late to take details on the truck.
My old man had a labourer that was stealing chains from a parking lot in the middle of the day . A cop asked him what are you doing and he said the bloody council want's powder coated ones. The cop was none the wiser until reported stolen.
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2008, 01:41 AM   #3
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

it was a rolling shell with a 302, auto and 9 inch diff
it had no doors and globe mags
there is a $2000 reward for anyone with information leading to a conviction
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2008, 12:44 PM   #4
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

think back to june a magenta coupe was stolen at wintersun and stripped. The body was then cut into 3 and dumped.

A whole bunch of bits looking for a home...
Old 25-10-2008, 02:46 PM   #5
XW_GS
Paulie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxb67
it was a rolling shell with a 302, auto and 9 inch diff
it had no doors and globe mags
there is a $2000 reward for anyone with information leading to a conviction
There u go

My Website
www.freewebs.com/xwgs

Should a 302 Cleveland really be called a 302 Geelong?? No 302's with a Cleveland block where built in Cleveland
Old 25-10-2008, 03:07 PM   #6
Boza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XWGS351
I was at the local 7/11 this morning to get some fuel and as i went to pay i saw an A4 bit of paper stuck on the window saying $2000 reward.

I read the rest saying that a 73 Ford Coupe was stolen from the premises at xxx xxxxx road

I instantly knew the house.

i do remember seeing the coupe and also a VH Charger just sitting there in the front yard.

the other thing i noticed was a 9" housing also sitting in the front yard.

now we are talking about a major road here near an intersection of another main road, so in peak times cars are banked up right past this property,
so its free advertising to the crooked.

He is silly for having these cars in the front yard for starters but he definitely does not deserve anything being stolen from his yard.

The coupe was only a shell with a bonnet.

Obviously it was rolled out of his driveway and straight onto a truck? or towed by another car??

On a main road?? something don't add up or am i too naive
I know exactly which house you are talking about been past there many a time myself and wondered what a lucky bastard to have those cars.

i live around the bentleigh area and on my way down to repco in moorabin i pass that house quite abit.

i'm surprised they had the balls to roll it out of his house and take it in that location and they must of watched the house to make sure no one was home cause where those car's were sitting any noise would of been heard.
Boza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2008, 03:10 PM   #7
Boza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

are cars inspected for chassis or engine numbers when they are raced by cams/andra etc...

i'm thinking if theres parts floating around from the winter sun coupe and now a shell has gone missing i reckon someone has built himself anice racecar on the cheap
Boza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2008, 02:00 PM   #8
LTDHO
The one and only

That coupe is worh a hell of a lot more than $2k!

Hot it is returned to the owner.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2008, 02:51 PM   #9
Hillbilly F Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by myts
think back to june a magenta coupe was stolen at wintersun and stripped. The body was then cut into 3 and dumped.

A whole bunch of bits looking for a home...
I live 15 mins from that dump site...they also set fire to it. Metal is destroyed and rusted. Pics were in the paper. Such a waste. No true car or ford lover could have done that. At least not me. Also noticed an article in yesterdays courier mail about GT falcons and the like being targeted by major car part criminals. These cars are irreplacable.
Hillbilly F Truck is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2008, 04:04 PM   #10
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A guy I knew in regional Vic had a brother who lived in St Albans (Northern Melb suburb). One day a stranger knocked on the door of his brothers house and asked if he would sell the HX LE Monaro in his shed. The Monaro had been in a locked shed under a cover for years without being driven. When asked how he knew about the car, the guy responded that it was "well known" that the car was there. The next week the Monaro was packed up and shipped off to the country. I don't think it really matters if it's locked up in a shed or in plain sight. If someone wants it enough they'll get it .. :(
OzJavelin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2008, 05:16 PM   #11
XW_GS
Paulie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzJavelin
I don't think it really matters if it's locked up in a shed or in plain sight. If someone wants it enough they'll get it .. :(

Hmmm last 2 or 3 stories regarding stolen classics is getting me nervous... im now trying to devise a way to keep my cars safe.

Apart from bolsters, im looking at a fixed alarm system to keep the car "HOT" ie Alarmed when now one is home.....

i will draw something up and invite all to find any flaws or get - arounds...

i will start a new thread though...

My Website
www.freewebs.com/xwgs

Old 03-11-2008, 05:30 PM   #12
Hillbilly F Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by XWGS351
Hmmm last 2 or 3 stories regarding stolen classics is getting me nervous... im now trying to devise a way to keep my cars safe.

Apart from bolsters, im looking at a fixed alarm system to keep the car "HOT" ie Alarmed when now one is home.....

i will draw something up and invite all to find any flaws or get - arounds...

i will start a new thread though...
Be careful not to give too many of your security measures away on the thread though.
Hillbilly F Truck is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post