Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 25-01-2009, 08:58 PM   #1
Bayvu
Clevo LTDs rule

Unhappy Goodbye, but I'll be back!

Just wanted to say thanks for the great read and advice you've all given me over the past few years.

I've just said goodbye to my last Ltd, the DF has gone to a good owner in Adelaide.

Life changes over time for us all, finances are now strained and the last Ltd went to help pay for my oldest daughter's wedding next month.

The wife had to give up work a couple of weeks ago to spend time with our 12 year old daughter in the Melbourne Royal Children's Hospital who was diagnosed with leukaemia on Christmas Eve. Check out http://cranbourne.yourguide.com.au/n...e/1410470.aspx for a story in the local paper.

Her leukaemia is being managed well but the infection has left a devastating toll on her body and she goes into theatre every other day! Tuesday may see her get some skin put over the craters in her legs and chest. She's looking at months in hospital for recovery, learning how to walk again and another 2 years of chemotherapy.

But when she has beaten the leukaemia and life is back on track, I'll be back! Maybe a BA Ltd...

Thanks again and stay safe.

Regards,

Dave
Bayvu

99 AU Ltd 5.0W : Gone....
98 DL LTD 5.0W
04 BA LTD coming next week.....
Bayvu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2009, 09:03 PM   #2
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Sorry to hear about your daughter Dave :(

May she grow stronger with each passing day and get back to a normal life as a troublesome teenager who doesnt listen!
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2009, 09:10 PM   #3
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Sorry to hear .. Hope your daughter recovers and stronger for it all..
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2009, 11:15 PM   #4
Turboconvert

Sad news indeed! I hope and pray that your daughter will get past this. I hope that there will be some joy found on your oldest daughters wedding day. Even if it is only for one day!

Bf xr6 turbo sedan, 6 SP auto, Leather/suede interior
Turboconvert is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2009, 11:28 PM   #5
bok1
Starter Motor

i hope your daughter get's better.

phil
bok1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2009, 12:14 AM   #6
Stattic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

best wishes mate
Stattic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2009, 12:17 AM   #7
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

+ 1 for best wishes... Good luck with everything.
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2009, 12:53 AM   #8
aye you
The Origional, The Best

jesus Dave, my heart goes out to your family in this difficult time. make sure you guys all go on a huge holiday to disney land or something when you daughter is better cause you will have all earnt it.

Remember mate, your family is the most important thing in the world, everthing else comes second
Lowerage on KingSprings Lows | Engine...Period | Sounds System

I Use And Recommend F1 Tyres And Wheels On The Gold Coast

Proud Supporter of Beat The Heat (NT)
aye you is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2009, 12:57 AM   #9
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

All the best mate.
Old 26-01-2009, 01:01 AM   #10
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Good luck with everything... you have a family here too that worry about its kin

Last edited by BLUEPRINT; 26-01-2009 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Typo
InfernoSR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2009, 02:14 AM   #11
asusdragon
BA Falcon XT

Sorry to hear bout your daughter mate, hope she gets better real soon, i know i have never met you and most likely never will but as blueprint said you have a family here too and i sure everyone here send their best wishes for you and your family. looking forward to seeing you back on here in that nice BA LTD

Quote:
If you can't fix it with a hammer. you're got an electrical problem
Quote:
You only need two tools in life - WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40, If it shouldnt move and does, use the duct tape
asusdragon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2009, 10:51 AM   #12
Wally
XP Coupe

Hang in there Dave and fight the good fight. My thoughts go out for your child and the despair you and the family are feeling.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2009, 10:54 AM   #13
Tavers

Gee mate, I am sorry to hear about your daughter. All the best for the future. I hope for a speedy recovery of your youngest. Stay strong.
Tavers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2009, 07:15 PM   #14
Bayvu
Clevo LTDs rule

Thanks for all your best wishes guys, it's very touching to think that there are people out there that I've never met who can bolst your spirit and make you feel as though you're not alone in these unpleasant and difficult times.

Cheers,

Dave
99 AU Ltd 5.0W : Gone....
98 DL LTD 5.0W
04 BA LTD coming next week.....
Bayvu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2009, 08:10 PM   #15
WizBang
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

First of all I wish you and your family best of luck Dave and our thoughts go out to you daughter and wish her well .Just hope having a wedding in the family with keep smiles on your family's faces .
But it will be nice if you still pop in when you get time just to see how you little girl is going as well as your family too .
WizBang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2009, 11:35 PM   #16
JG66ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Great tech articles and assistance to all in the Classics arena. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayvu
Just wanted to say thanks for the great read and advice you've all given me over the past few years.

I've just said goodbye to my last Ltd, the DF has gone to a good owner in Adelaide.

Life changes over time for us all, finances are now strained and the last Ltd went to help pay for my oldest daughter's wedding next month.

The wife had to give up work a couple of weeks ago to spend time with our 12 year old daughter in the Melbourne Royal Children's Hospital who was diagnosed with leukaemia on Christmas Eve. Check out http://cranbourne.yourguide.com.au/n...e/1410470.aspx for a story in the local paper.

Her leukaemia is being managed well but the infection has left a devastating toll on her body and she goes into theatre every other day! Tuesday may see her get some skin put over the craters in her legs and chest. She's looking at months in hospital for recovery, learning how to walk again and another 2 years of chemotherapy.

But when she has beaten the leukaemia and life is back on track, I'll be back! Maybe a BA Ltd...

Thanks again and stay safe.

Regards,

Dave
Bayvu

Dave

Best wishes from me to you and yours. I hope everthing is now on the up for your girl.

Steven
JG66ME is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2009, 12:20 PM   #17
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hope everything will work out for you and your family Dave and I add our thoughts and prayers for your daughter; may she have a speedy and complete recovery.

Jim Young and family
GTP534 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2009, 07:35 PM   #18
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

So sorry for your problems mate, hope she gets better soon and that you can get back into a Lane soon!
Old 28-01-2009, 07:46 PM   #19
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Life can be tough sometimes. I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's troubles. I'm sure that things will get harder before they get easier but just remember you are all on the same team and you need to row in the one direction. I sure hope that everything goes as best it can and a full recovery is in store for your daughter.

Best of luck.

Phil.

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2009, 06:52 PM   #20
platinumXR
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter.

Leukemia is a truly mongrel B@#$$%D thing...wishing her a painless and uncomplicated recovery. All the best to you and your family. :

Toys:
2017.5 LZ Focus RS, Magnetic Grey my new pocket rocket
2008 BF2 RTV Ute
1993 EB2 S-XR8 Sedan, Platinum, manual (now sold)
1975 XB Fairmont GS Sedan, Tropic Gold...or Starlight Blue...not sure yet...(SOLD)
platinumXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2009, 11:57 PM   #21
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

So sorry to hear of your daughter's illness.

I pray that she will be restored back to full health and that God gives you all the strength and love needed to pull together during this prolonged difficult time.

Bless you,

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post