Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 28-01-2009, 09:26 PM   #31
old_mate
Smash the Boost

not kill, just hurt a little bit. like i said, it wont happen.

1971 Fairmont Sedan

1974 SWB F100

Keyboard Warrior - A Person who, being unable to express his anger through physical violence (owning to their physical weakness, lack of bravery and/or conviction in real life), instead manifests said emotions through the text-based medium of the internet, usually in the form of aggressive writing that the Keyboard Warrior would not (for reasons previously mentioned) be able to give form to in real life.
old_mate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2009, 09:28 PM   #32
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

$50 says police wont investigate until someone gets killed. Look at records and see who has been complaining the most out of the area, its probably them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2009, 09:31 PM   #33
mongoloid
chuck miller ford texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer_Me
Wait there i didn't say this wasn't true or doesn't happen, but a lot of it is as i said urban legend, mate i grew up with this stuff in the late 60's early 70's with rumor's that ppl had been setting wire across tracks and ppls heads being severed, all was bunk and codswallop nothing proven and no news or local out cry and no evidence that it ever happened, funny someone bring s up something and all kinds come out of the wood work and say this happened to me and happened to friends of friends, i haven't heard of this kind of thing happening in over 40 yrs, never even seen anyone with franky stitches around there neck, like i said most is crap just rumours spead to stop riders doing there thing
If you read back through this thread 5 (five) people have mentioned cases of themselves, or people they know who have had this happen to them. I dont think you've got an easy task ahead of you convincing them its just "urban ledgend".
1918 Buick, 1930 Studebaker, 1953 Ford Crestline, 1955 Buick Special, 1957 Cadillac, 1962 Cadillac, 1963 Ford Galaxie, 1966 Ford Fairlane, 1971 Chevelle, 1979 Trans Am, 2002 Ford TE50, 2005 CV8 Monaro, 2010 G6e Turbo, 2014 FPV GT-F
mongoloid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2009, 11:31 PM   #34
Rob's 76 Effy
Lion Tammer

Not trying to convince ppl, not saying it's not true either, this is the first time i have heard this since i was a snotty nosed kid.
"When you push a car past 180mph, the world starts to get awfully fuzzy. When you go past 200mph it actually blurs. The Bugatti Veyron is mind-blowingly, stunningly brilliant. It deserves 12 stars. Simply as good and as fast as it gets"
Don't drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly
Rob's 76 Effy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2009, 12:07 AM   #35
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

This is a joke... it's a fair call to be angry if some tool is riding around a reserve but being angry is about all you can do, along with calling the police / radio / writing letters etc.

Perhaps these urban police should taste some of their own medicine?? Wonder how they would feel if the person driving behind them belts them at the traffic lights with a bat because 3 km down the road they were doing 6km over the limit??

My place backs on to a reserve. On occasion there are trail bike riders hooning around.. sure they are noisy, sure they are doing something illegal... and??? Yeah lets maim them.. real smart.

The reserve is never used by anyone else... and they ride in the day time...

There are greater things in life to be peeved off about.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2009, 12:48 PM   #36
GTpilot
FG GT 5.4 w/ additions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_mate
not kill, just hurt a little bit. like i said, it wont happen.
Hang a $50 note from a tree, just out of reach but well in view, wait behind a bush with a baseball bat for them to stop to grab the cash. Once they stop, wonder up to them for a "quiet chat" .
No need to get voilent, but if they are doing the right thing and wearing a helmet, it wont hurt to "give em the odd tap".
GTpilot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2009, 01:29 PM   #37
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=Explorer_Me]Wait there i didn't say this wasn't true or doesn't happen, but a lot of it is as i said urban legend, mate i grew up with this stuff in the late 60's early 70's with rumor's that ppl had been setting wire across tracks and ppls heads being severed, all was bunk and codswallop nothing proven and no news or local out cry and no evidence that it ever happened, funny someone bring s up something and all kinds come out of the wood work and say this happened to me and happened to friends of friends, i haven't heard of this kind of thing happening in over 40 yrs, never even seen anyone with franky stitches around there neck, like i said most is crap just rumours spead to stop riders doing there thing[/QUOTE
YOUR KIDDING RIGHT,
its happened here in Queensland at least tree times in the last 7 years, and i personally was riding along a wide trail in 1982 just outside Lorne Victoria when i came across a dip in trail at base of a big hill and sped up when i saw fencing wire across track,so i stood up and it got me across the chest and slammed me to the ground bady bruising me
OLDFORDNUT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2009, 06:59 PM   #38
Rob's 76 Effy
Lion Tammer

does it sound like i'm kidding
"When you push a car past 180mph, the world starts to get awfully fuzzy. When you go past 200mph it actually blurs. The Bugatti Veyron is mind-blowingly, stunningly brilliant. It deserves 12 stars. Simply as good and as fast as it gets"
Old 29-01-2009, 07:08 PM   #39
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
does it sound like i'm kidding
you my friend have no idea,your comments begger belief.
if its on the new then its true heh,lol
Old 29-01-2009, 10:32 PM   #40
Rob's 76 Effy
Lion Tammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDFORDNUT
you my friend have no idea,your comments begger belief.
if its on the new then its true heh,lol
WTF planet are you on, so i haven't heard of this happen in such a long time, what part of that statement does your brain not comprehend, no-one on here would have given any thought about this until the 1st post was put up, then all of a sudden it happened to me band wagon posts started, One more time for the dummies, i heard of this happening over 40yrs ago and nothing (i repeat nothing was proven), and if you read all what i have printed not just the selected items you will noticed i haven't said it doesn't happen or never happen, thats one thing i have noticed on this forum if you dont follow and agree like a sheep you must be a goat
Old 29-01-2009, 11:11 PM   #41
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
WTF planet are you on, so i haven't heard of this happen in such a long time, what part of that statement does your brain not comprehend, no-one on here would have given any thought about this until the 1st post was put up, then all of a sudden it happened to me band wagon posts started, One more time for the dummies, i heard of this happening over 40yrs ago and nothing (i repeat nothing was proven), and if you read all what i have printed not just the selected items you will noticed i haven't said it doesn't happen or never happen, thats one thing i have noticed on this forum if you dont follow and agree like a sheep you must be a goat
Are you ok there mate? This was reported as happening, confirmed by the Police so IT HAS HAPPENED. There was also a case from a few years back in Ballarat where some poor sod was decapitated by the same sort of set up. Just because you haven't heard of it doesn't mean a thing. It just means that you are lucky to have been sheltered from it or that you live in an area with slightly less crazies as some of us.

As for the last comment of your post if you truly find it that bad here feel free to leave and besides, I happen to quite like lamb.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2009, 03:18 AM   #42
mongoloid
chuck miller ford texas

Quote:
keep digging...
1918 Buick, 1930 Studebaker, 1953 Ford Crestline, 1955 Buick Special, 1957 Cadillac, 1962 Cadillac, 1963 Ford Galaxie, 1966 Ford Fairlane, 1971 Chevelle, 1979 Trans Am, 2002 Ford TE50, 2005 CV8 Monaro, 2010 G6e Turbo, 2014 FPV GT-F
mongoloid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2009, 12:06 PM   #43
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I have been corrected on here more than once and dont claim to be Mr Perfect,but i find your comments directed at people who have had these things happen to them,extremely insulting .
You have no idea about me and could not be further away from the truth,A SHEEP, yeah right.
As for jumping on the bandwagon,you clearly implied people were making it up because you had not personally seen it happen ,So anyone who had ,posted to show you that it does occur,and quite often,
So instead of saying ok i was wrong you decided to ATTACK anyone who disagreed with you.
so one more time for the dummies lliving on other planets,this is a very dangerous tactic that is used all over the world and because most of us who injure themselves are only bruised up bike riders who have had a small off,its not reported to newspapers for people like you to read .
kind reguards Nick
Old 31-01-2009, 04:27 PM   #44
JetBlack351
Hear me rumble......

some people never grow up. i had a bloke that used to come through where i used to work that had a scar that went from his right ear to his left ear. result of a wire being put up on a bike trail. If his mates weren't with him at the time he would have died. my jaw dropped to the ground with shock when he told me what had happened. i thought it must have been a workplace accident.
Old 31-01-2009, 08:55 PM   #45
redranga

I do a bit of mountain biking. On my local trails there is a group of oldies, who get in the paper all the time as they are the friends of the park.

Ive been riding the established trails there for 10 years and have seen the damage that they do to things in an effort to make you fall off your bike. They snap branches off of trees and lay them across the tracks at chest height. Ive seen branches placed so that if you dont see it it will spear you. They lay logs in the ruts in the tracks on the high speed downhill sections and berms. Ive riden through fishing line across the track once, causing a burn on my arm.

In the time that ive been riding and maintaing the trails they havent caused any erosion problems or trouble for anyone. The tracks that I ride down arent suitable for walking so why do these people feel that they have to try and hurt others who want to get out in the bush and ride?
redranga is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2009, 02:13 AM   #46
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDFORDNUT
I have been corrected on here more than once and dont claim to be Mr Perfect,but i find your comments directed at people who have had these things happen to them,extremely insulting .
You have no idea about me and could not be further away from the truth,A SHEEP, yeah right.
As for jumping on the bandwagon,you clearly implied people were making it up because you had not personally seen it happen ,So anyone who had ,posted to show you that it does occur,and quite often,
So instead of saying ok i was wrong you decided to ATTACK anyone who disagreed with you.
so one more time for the dummies lliving on other planets,this is a very dangerous tactic that is used all over the world and because most of us who injure themselves are only bruised up bike riders who have had a small off,its not reported to newspapers for people like you to read .
kind reguards Nick
I remember it happening on the old fire trails behind the rifle range in Maryborough in the early '80s. We were all warned about the idiot doing it but I do not remember if he was actually caught.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post