Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 02-02-2009, 12:13 PM   #1
Walt Kowalski
I use brain. Not hip.

Smile Brother on TV tomorrow

A few months back I asked What the heck is "Wipeout"?
Thanks for all the responses. Yeah we all know it is lame etc etc but its the first time Aussies have competed and it should be funny watching people put themselves well out of their comfort zones while we stay comfortable in front of the TV with a coldie at hand.

Well the show airs on Nine tomorrow after an amazing hype by Nine.

Jack is the old guy in the red speedos. He's had them for years and even wore them at his wedding.

On the show they wanted a name so he called himself the "Gun from Cronulla"

They call him the "Budgie Smuggler".

Apparently during filming they had to replace certain parts of the equipment that had never been broken before by any yank participants but he broke one thing THREE times after tackling it too hard.

Not sure if they will show that. The producers thought they would not be allowed by the yanks.

We will be watching it at the bar opposite the cop shop in Cronulla. AFF members welcome especially if you are in the shire come and say hello and have a drink. I'm the old grey headed bloke.

I am not allowed by NINE to say who won buts lets just say he does the Shire proud.....

Especially for an old guy.

Last edited by Munroman; 02-02-2009 at 12:30 PM.
Walt Kowalski is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2009, 12:41 PM   #2
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

I love that show. I will check it out Thanks for the heads up.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:49 PM   #3
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

I used to download the Yankee version. If you had watched it again the second week with the sound down you'd be excused if you never watched it again. The commentary made that 'gameshow' so I'm not sure how that's going to translate to the Aussie version.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2009, 02:58 PM   #4
Walt Kowalski
I use brain. Not hip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
I used to download the Yankee version. If you had watched it again the second week with the sound down you'd be excused if you never watched it again. The commentary made that 'gameshow' so I'm not sure how that's going to translate to the Aussie version.
That could be a problem

That Japanese show (Tanaki? or something Castle) is hilarious with the commentary team .
Old 02-02-2009, 03:47 PM   #5
TadKa
Wait? What?

Takeshi's Castle. And the Yank version is MXC. Most eXtreme Challenge or something but it still uses Takeshi's Castle vision.
I love it. Others hate it.
TadKa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2009, 07:32 PM   #6
Walt Kowalski
I use brain. Not hip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise
I love that show. I will check it out Thanks for the heads up.
Hey no worries. Hope its up to your standard!