Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 01-01-2009, 02:21 AM   #1
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Realistically, whats this worth?

Hi all,

Well, the car has just pushed me over the edge, getting really sick of things stuffing up at the worst possible time. Tonight, I had the 2 front windows down driving, then it started raining and the passenger side wont go back up (theyre electric). After screwing around for an hour I finally lost it and walked off. Im just getting to sick of all the little niggley things that keep stuffing up, I could make a list. All I want is a realiable, easy to drive ford, with better vision and a good base to start with, so probably a el.

I could wake up tomorrow, regain my patience and fix the problem, no hard feelings with her, but just getting so sick of these sorts of things happening ALL THE TIME.

So, what would this be worth to sell in a few weeks once its finished, and please, be honest, you wont insult me:

The wheels are 16" CSA gladiators with 90% tread, has a new cd player, new aftermarket aerial, new speakers all round (6 in the front 6x9 in the shelf), shift kit, pod filter, rocker cover gasket just done, will have sports exhaust and high flow cat, interior very good (velour with ghia door inserts) electric windows, cruise that still works, few shopping trolley dents but nothing major, xr front indicators and au repeaters. Will also have the bumper and bonnet resprayed, and will have neons under the scoop and behind the grille when they arrive.

PS it has about 350,000k on it and 6mth reg. Also has a hayman reese 2t or so towbar and a tickford red rocker cover for looks. Generally in pretty good nick for this age, especially once I fix a few things up. Oh and the neons will be wired to the child lock switch on the panel with the elec window switches, and the shift kit is wired to the aerial up/down switch. Rear has also been lowered.

The problems are:

-Very bad brake shudder at most speeds, from 100km/h its all over the place
-Head is starting to leak a bit of oil, but still in very early stages I think
-Really wants a really big service, which Im not prepared/inclined to do
-Extremely bad on fuel (300-350km's a tank)

Last edited by Jack91; 01-01-2009 at 02:32 AM.
Jack91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2009, 06:28 AM   #2
Pat Riley
U MAD?

Remove the mags, remove any car audio you have, and other decent accessories and sell those separately.

The car itself is probably worth $1,500. With the sale of every thing else, all up you might be able to get $2,250 for it.

You can pick up a 2000 AU II Falcon for about $4k these days. Cut your losses, lose about $2,000 overall and get something with half the kms and ~ 7 years newer.

Most cars on carsales are overpriced but as an example, there's a 2000 AU 2 Falcon here with 200,000 kms for $3,990.

http://www.carsales.com.au/used-cars...d=11E89736A995

C - Zydrunas Ilgauskas
PF - Chris Bosh
SF - Lebron James
SF - Dwyane Wade
PG - Mario Chalmers

C - Erick Dampier
PF - Udonis Haslem
SF - James Jones
SG - Mike Miller
PG - Carlos Arroyo

C - Joel Anthony
C - Dexter Pittman
C - Jamaal Magloire
PF - Juwan Howard
SG - Eddie House

Last edited by BA Falcon; 01-01-2009 at 06:35 AM.
Pat Riley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2009, 09:45 AM   #3
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

As above.

Make sure you get rid of that of a bonnet scoop first though.

And don't spend money on it to sell it - ie don't respray anything, don't put the exhaust on etc.

Last edited by MotherNatureVer2; 01-01-2009 at 01:55 PM. Reason: removed text that was neither helpful nor needed!!
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2009, 01:53 PM   #4
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by private9
As above.

Make sure you get rid of that of a bonnet scoop first though.

And don't spend money on it to sell it - ie don't respray anything, don't put the exhaust on etc.
You're right, i might keep the exhaust, but Ive already got $200 worth of paint ready to go on. I know the scoop looks stupid, but theres holes under it so I cant take it off.

Last edited by MotherNatureVer2; 01-01-2009 at 03:03 PM. Reason: removed quoted text
Old 01-01-2009, 09:05 PM   #5
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93_eb_fairmont
You're right, i might keep the exhaust, but Ive already got $200 worth of paint ready to go on. I know the scoop looks stupid, but theres holes under it so I cant take it off.
If you're already doing paint get another bonnet, or bog up the current one if they're only screw holes.

Not trying to sound harsh, but you are massively reducing your appeal of an already small buyer's market if you leave that thing on.

Definitely keep the exhaust, and personally I'd return it to stock.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:31 PM   #6
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by private9
If you're already doing paint get another bonnet, or bog up the current one if they're only screw holes.

Might do that, but I doubt it, to hard a job to do by myself, bog will just crack, bonnet is too heavy/awkward for 1 to lift

Not trying to sound harsh, but you are massively reducing your appeal of an already small buyer's market if you leave that thing on.

I know that, but, refer to the firrst part

Definitely keep the exhaust, and personally I'd return it to stock.

Not possible / feasable to return to stock, and its too droney and just loud as it is now.

So how much is it worth right now, Im not interested in taking all my stuff off and finding/sourcing the original bits.
Fixed.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:14 PM   #7
blur1
el wagon

about $1500 as is..or maybe $2000 without the scoop and neons
blur1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2009, 02:04 AM   #8
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have you ever tried removing a bonnet by yourself? Never mind how heavy it is, or how big, even undoing the seized nuts without snapping or rounding them off is a task in itself. The scoop stays. There is nothing I can do. Thank you for your estimate though. Its worth more than that to me, at the moment anyway so I gues I'll be keeping it. Just for shits and giggles, I'll polish it and finish the outside and put it outside work (very busy road) and put "OFFERS" on it. Then we'll see what happens.
Old 02-01-2009, 01:54 PM   #9
Dezza
Parts bin special

Get a couple of mates around to swap the bonnet. I know exactly how big and awkward they are but let me tell you, that bonnet scoop (or the neons) are not going to do your resale any good at all. I swapped my bonnet about 3/4 through last year and I want to do it again with an EB bonnet.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2009, 05:13 PM   #10
blur1
el wagon

Quote:
Have you ever tried removing a bonnet by yourself? Never mind how heavy it is, or how big, even undoing the seized nuts without snapping or rounding them off is a task in itself. The scoop stays. There is nothing I can do. Thank you for your estimate though. Its worth more than that to me, at the moment anyway so I gues I'll be keeping it. Just for shits and giggles, I'll polish it and finish the outside and put it outside work (very busy road) and put "OFFERS" on it. Then we'll see what happens.
a bonnet swap with only 1 other mate takes about 10 minutes max. i've done plenty of them.
surely you have mates?
Old 02-01-2009, 07:37 PM   #11
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

I just reread your initial post, and hadn't noticed the bit where you mentioned 350,000 kays! Based on that and the fact you'll be leaving that thing on the bonnet I'd say more like 1kish as is and only if it's really clean.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:23 PM   #12
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

SCOOPLESS bonnet gets prepped for paint tomorrow. Should be painted and ready to go on by next weekend. Happy now?
Old 03-01-2009, 02:08 PM   #13
blur1
el wagon

Quote:
SCOOPLESS bonnet gets prepped for paint tomorrow. Should be painted and ready to go on by next weekend. Happy now?
just lose the neons now, and it will be a nice car again. :
you should get better $s now too. good luck with it all.
post up pics when it's finished.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:37 PM   #14
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Head leaking oil, 350 000k's. I'd personally pay no mroe than $800.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:20 AM   #15
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

$800 is a bit cheap.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:34 AM   #16
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I should say the head isnt really leaking oil, the situation hasnt changed in the past 2 months from when I noticed it. Im not losing any oil whatsoever so it might just be leftovers from the rocker cover.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:10 PM   #17
eb91xr6
V8 Ute V8 Boat

cluster change but remember to tell the new owner the kms have changed
125 Thumpster 2010
Swag
All set for the weekend
eb91xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2009, 08:57 PM   #18
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

New modified front bar
New bonnet
S pack striping
finished off the silver striping
Finished off a lot of little things that were bugging me:

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Yeah looks better.
Old 15-02-2009, 09:24 PM   #19
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

AHA! All of you who said I'd get crap all for it, just got proved wrong, and it didnt even come with those wheels! $1500 cash and as soon as he saw it he said "Im buying it", without even driving it! Came back in 5 minutes, gave me cash and trusted me enough to let me have it that night as I needed it. Anyway, long story short, here's the new ride. For $0 changeover cost too I might add:

And, the BEST PART OF IT ALL::::!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was very upset to see Lauren (eb) go, but Danielle is so much better on fuel and so much quicker. Oh, and does anybody get the irony in the name of the new car?
Old 25-02-2009, 01:10 PM   #20
1FLYRYD
Boost Cruisin'

WOW. that is a great price. good for you, bad for the buyer. i bought a 94 ed furura on gas crusie control ect ect for $800. well who cares least you got good money for it.
1988 EA falcon, 20inch dark agents, cyprus blue, ED XR front, full EF fairmont interior conversion, built AU motor with modded BA turbo pistons, AiResearch T04, Snort manifold & 4inch dump, 50mm Synapse external gate, custom stainless 3inch exhaust & cooler piping, Synapse BOV, SMT8 piggy back, lowered on king sl's and ultima shocks, full noleathane bushings
1FLYRYD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post