Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-02-2009, 10:22 AM   #1
FrogInASock
Getahaircutandgetarealjob

Default Hoons Idiots and all the jazz

I live in Adelaide and could never be described as a hoon (I drive two Mitsubishis, a Verada and Pajero, used to have a Falcon ute which is why I am on Ford Forums). However the sheer idiocy of some folks is mind boggling.

Take the young bloke who lives with Mum and Dad across the road from me. He and his sister were sent to a selective school (not private) at great cost with the idea that they would excel at their studies and become greater than they might have been. Let's face it, kids who attend "exclusive" schools associate with the upper class more, and have greater opportunities to get ahead in life. Sorry if this offends, but it's true. Anyhow, Mum and Dad buys this bloke his first car. A perfectly acceptable first car for him, a Subaru Brumby ute. Small, only 2 seats so he can only have one mate telling him to unleash all that horsepower! And a good example too, no rust, nice and straight. Gods, I'd have bought it myself. Turns out Dad liked the Brumby too so he kept it!

So number one son gets a *shudder* Commodore. A VS 3.8, stock as a rock, albeit with a bloody bog towbar (previous owners had a van). Once again, low milage, good nick. But young clown plus powerful car will always equal trouble.

IN the Adelaide Hills recently there were a couple of kids killed when their car went way out of control. Mr Cool Commodore says that they were trying to jump their car (another Commodore) at a place where it's good to do this. they got all twisted up and crashed and both are dead now. These two were mates with Mr Cool Commodore.

And after knowing that two of his mates are dead, and knowing how they died, he was still blabbing on about how cool it was to go to this place and try to get air.

Sorry if people don't like this, but I 'simply cannot believe this bloke, who has had a lot put on a silver platter in front of him, and respects none of it. I just had to vent a bit...

Old 22-02-2009, 10:27 AM   #2
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Was this an exercise on how many stereotypes you can fit into a paragragh? If so you did well!

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2009, 10:36 AM   #3
n1ck

people will never learn
ive got a mate who lost his arm in a crash doing high speeds around a corner at the crest of a hill this was about 2 months ago and just the other night he got his mates car impounded doing burnouts

some will never learn
Old 22-02-2009, 10:37 AM   #4
benoxr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
And after knowing that two of his mates are dead, and knowing how they died, he was still blabbing on about how cool it was to go to this place and try to get air.
I take it from this they weren't really what you and I would call 'mates'.

Most likely, since these 2 died and the story appeared in the paper, all of a sudden the number of 'mates' they had quadrupled. Pretty typical.
Mr Cool Commodore just sounds immature. Some live in a real fantasy world and you'd be better off not entertaining them.
R.I.P. Jarrad 22/05/83 - 08/12/02
benoxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2009, 11:14 AM   #5
prydey
Rob

there was a couple of guys on the wrong side of 200 going down the southern expressway recently too. both P platers.

they whinge about how they are picked on by the cops but they don't exactly make it hard for the cops to find things to pick on.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2009, 11:26 AM   #6
benoxr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^^^^ I was surprised they stopped for the bike cop. Come around the bend doing 203kmh and you'd come upon the cop pretty quickly. Seeing as they were in separate cars, at least one of them would have got away scott free if they had both kept going. Too bad for them if someone tossed a rock from one of the bridges onto their windscreen....
Old 22-02-2009, 11:42 AM   #7
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by benoxr
^^^^^ I was surprised they stopped for the bike cop. Come around the bend doing 203kmh and you'd come upon the cop pretty quickly. Seeing as they were in separate cars, at least one of them would have got away scott free if they had both kept going. Too bad for them if someone tossed a rock from one of the bridges onto their windscreen....
If you were driving your own car, you'd be better off stopping - because the cop can get your rego and deal with you later. If you run, the charges pile up.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2009, 12:26 PM   #8
benoxr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljh74
If you were driving your own car, you'd be better off stopping - because the cop can get your rego and deal with you later. If you run, the charges pile up.
That's right - you and I know it but sadly some don't. I guess I'm surprised one or both didn't try their luck. It was at night.
Old 22-02-2009, 02:10 PM   #9
Antwon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The first i heard about the crash in the hills was from a teacher at school, but he said it was the dude and his girlfriend, the dude must have been real scum if hes driving like an idiot through the hills with his girlfriend in the car. Imagine how he would feel if he survived and she didnt.
Antwon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2009, 05:10 PM   #10
mongoloid
chuck miller ford texas

yeah sounds like this guy totally deserved to die.
1918 Buick, 1930 Studebaker, 1953 Ford Crestline, 1955 Buick Special, 1957 Cadillac, 1962 Cadillac, 1963 Ford Galaxie, 1966 Ford Fairlane, 1971 Chevelle, 1979 Trans Am, 2002 Ford TE50, 2005 CV8 Monaro, 2010 G6e Turbo, 2014 FPV GT-F
mongoloid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2009, 06:02 PM   #11
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antwon
The first i heard about the crash in the hills was from a teacher at school, but he said it was the dude and his girlfriend, the dude must have been real scum if hes driving like an idiot through the hills with his girlfriend in the car. Imagine how he would feel if he survived and she didnt.
If you watch the news then it always seems to be the passengers that die in an accident ( driver has airbags, crumple zone etc ). Doesn't matter what punishment a court hands out to the driver, the fact he killed his mates/girlfriend SHOULD haunt him for the rest of his/her life and that is the worst punishment of all.
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2009, 10:56 PM   #12
krt10
eskyman

Quote:
thats correct. my best mate from school played footy with the bloke. pretty devestating. my mate is pretty cut up about it. no way to go out, especially with you girlfriend in the passenger seat.
car caught on fire and burnt the 2 to death. yet another tragic reminder
Old 22-02-2009, 11:04 PM   #13
Antwon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Apparently the owner of the land was standing there watching as they were screaming and burning as there was nothing he could do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobes32
If you watch the news then it always seems to be the passengers that die in an accident ( driver has airbags, crumple zone etc ). Doesn't matter what punishment a court hands out to the driver, the fact he killed his mates/girlfriend SHOULD haunt him for the rest of his/her life and that is the worst punishment of all.
Also i heard the passenger always dies first because the instinct of the driver is to avoid the danger and save themselves, which usually means harming the passenger, therefore the front passenger seat is the most dangerous seat in the car.
Antwon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2009, 06:43 PM   #14
Qwik6
Unsafe @ any Speed

Quote:
Apparently the owner of the land was standing there watching as they were screaming and burning as there was nothing he could do.
Yeah, he had packed away his garden hoses due to our water restrictions.

By HEINRICH PERFORMANCE & TUNING

E Series Falcon Image Museum on FB
https://www.facebook.com/pages/E-Ser...29864000453208
Qwik6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2009, 07:17 PM   #15
FrogInASock
Getahaircutandgetarealjob

Quote:
Originally Posted by auslandau
Was this an exercise on how many stereotypes you can fit into a paragragh? If so you did well!

After reading it again, I could have fitted a few more.

Yeah, maybe I shouldn't have posted, maybe I should. I just could not believe the attitude of this kid.

I'm not having kids. My cat behaves better.
Old 23-02-2009, 07:23 PM   #16
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogInASock
After reading it again, I could have fitted a few more.

Yeah, maybe I shouldn't have posted, maybe I should. I just could not believe the attitude of this kid.

I'm not having kids. My cat behaves better.
............ and I found out you can't put kids down if they behave bad! There's another reason.

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2009, 06:07 AM   #17
Loverboy
Starter Motor

Smile

Quote:
I live in Adelaide and could never be described as a hoon (I drive two Mitsubishis, a Verada and Pajero, used to have a Falcon ute which is why I am on Ford Forums). However the sheer idiocy of some folks is mind boggling.

Take the young bloke who lives with Mum and Dad across the road from me. He and his sister were sent to a selective school (not private) at great cost with the idea that they would excel at their studies and become greater than they might have been. Let's face it, kids who attend "exclusive" schools associate with the upper class more, and have greater opportunities to get ahead in life. Sorry if this offends, but it's true. Anyhow, Mum and Dad buys this bloke his first car. A perfectly acceptable first car for him, a Subaru Brumby ute. Small, only 2 seats so he can only have one mate telling him to unleash all that horsepower! And a good example too, no rust, nice and straight. Gods, I'd have bought it myself. Turns out Dad liked the Brumby too so he kept it!

So number one son gets a *shudder* Commodore. A VS 3.8, stock as a rock, albeit with a bloody bog towbar (previous owners had a van). Once again, low milage, good nick. But young clown plus powerful car will always equal trouble.

IN the Adelaide Hills recently there were a couple of kids killed when their car went way out of control. Mr Cool Commodore says that they were trying to jump their car (another Commodore) at a place where it's good to do this. they got all twisted up and crashed and both are dead now. These two were mates with Mr Cool Commodore.

Sorry if people don't like this, but I 'simply cannot believe this bloke, who has had a lot put on a silver platter in front of him, and respects none of it. I just had to vent a bit...
have you tried befriending your neighbours and talking to them about this subject? careful with your words and stay calm, making them aware of everything and offer help. maybe introduce the children to a better past time like smoking, shooting...it has to be a good one
Loverboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2009, 11:20 AM   #18
Stattic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by auslandau
............ and I found out you can't put kids down if they behave bad! There's another reason.
lol!

oh and check it out, homeboy is posting again :
Stattic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2009, 11:35 AM   #19
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

I think you'd feel better if you went shopping and bought yourself a fabulous new dress

What is it with the influx of threads of this nature?

(edit: based on OP, not general fallout from road trauma where it's not just the deceased who suffer)
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2009, 02:26 PM   #20
ImpGonads
Fart Powered™

Idiots will always find a way to kill themselves, either on their own or by association. Don't get bent out of shape, leave them be and let natural selection take its course
Old 24-02-2009, 04:05 PM   #21
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I would not call a 3.8 Ecotec engine in a stock Commodore a "high powered vehicle".

Any vehicle in the hands of an idiot is essentially a weapon with the potential to cause great harm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpGonads
Idiots will always find a way to kill themselves, either on their own or by association. Don't get bent out of shape, leave them be and let natural selection take its course
Garbage.
Firstly, natural selection refers to a person's genetic code giving them an advantage over others.
There is no gene for being a richardhead. It's a choice.

Secondly, that's an irresponsible attitude. The issue is not hoons killing themselves...it's the rectums that speed and hit a family car and kill others.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2009, 04:09 PM   #22
sly_ba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpGonads
What about when said idiots or 'natural selection' takes innocent lives with it.....
sly_ba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2009, 04:11 PM   #23
sly_ba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
Any vehicle in the hands of an idiot is essentially a weapon with the potential to cause great harm.
Spot on mate...
sly_ba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2009, 04:34 PM   #24
ImpGonads
Fart Powered™

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
Garbage.
Firstly, natural selection refers to a person's genetic code giving them an advantage over others.
There is no gene for being a richardhead. It's a choice.

Secondly, that's an irresponsible attitude. The issue is not hoons killing themselves...it's the rectums that speed and hit a family car and kill others.
I'm refering specifically to what the OP is talking about, one richardhead taking his life into his own hands. My point more specifically is that even after said person lost 2 friends in an accident and CHOOSES to still persist in dangerous driving, is clearly "genetically stupid". Unfortunately there is little the OP can say or do about this person...

In regards to innocent people becoming casualties of reckless driving I couldn't agree with you more, it is a choice and there can be harsh consequences even before the law gets a hold of you.

Thought I should clarify that.
Old 24-02-2009, 08:55 PM   #25
needaXYGT
AU II XR8

Quote:
maybe introduce the children to a better past time like smoking, shooting...it has to be a good one
In a gun club yeh, but smoking!!
needaXYGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2009, 02:56 PM   #26
westoftown

the two that perished in said accident were in the year below me at school, i remember them from around the place. Few of my mates who were good mates with them had no bad words to say about them

Despite the reckless driving they were good people and no good person deserves to die in such a horriffic manner.

Quote:
charcoal: one shade tuffer than gunmetal grey
westoftown is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2009, 03:46 PM   #27
ImpGonads
Fart Powered™

Quote:
Originally Posted by westoftown
the two that perished in said accident were in the year below me at school, i remember them from around the place. Few of my mates who were good mates with them had no bad words to say about them

Despite the reckless driving they were good people and no good person deserves to die in such a horriffic manner.
I'm sorry to hear that west, I couldn't begin to imagine....