Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 12-07-2005, 07:04 PM   #1
Greg_s

Default EL engine in a EB2

what mods whould have to be done to fit a el engine into a EB2. because i have emailed macarthur parts plus and thay said that they can do the modifications to make it fit in easily in to my EB. also if i do get this engine can i use the computer in my EB. for $850

cheers
Greg

Old 13-07-2005, 09:03 AM   #2
EA2BA
PM me if you want

this is very simple, drop the motor in bolt everything back on, have a nice day.

If you ditch the serpentine belt of the EL motor, then change the timing case for the timing marks, otherwise a pretty straight forward job.

The main question to be answered is why do you need to change the motor, if yours still goes and is good, then you wont gain anything, put an EF cam in the EB2, and some extractors will get a good amount of power for the money.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2005, 09:24 AM   #3
b2tf
not here much anymore

There is a guy here in town who has done it, hes also on the forums username 'Nemesis', and from what i remember his main difficulty was with the ECU changeover etc.
Old 13-07-2005, 11:58 AM   #4
niko
likes falcon's

his old ecu should work fine, if your using orig inlet manifold, injectors and all that why change it lol
if u just drop in blok and head with no accesories
Old 13-07-2005, 04:58 PM   #5
Greg_s

the reason im getting a new engine my one has shat it self abd i thought that it would be better to get a newer engine.
Old 13-07-2005, 05:02 PM   #6
EA2BA
PM me if you want

In that case, go the whole serpentine and thermo fans while ya at it.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2005, 11:30 PM   #7
INJECTED_250
Custom user title

pice of **** to use an el engine with eb belts and mainifold... EASY... There are no REAL mods required a bit of grinding on the front cover so the ac tensioner will bolt on... and not much more
INJECTED_250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2005, 11:53 PM   #8
Moran

Should be easy if using orig manifold the only thing you realy have to do is use orig aircon compressor mount with EF compressor and use XH ute Belt to reach as it is slightly longer than standard Ef belt. you also need to use your dizzy from EB.
Here is a few pick of me EA Fairmont Ghia:

2003 BA XR6 Written off :(
Retired - 2001 AU Falcon - Run around
2005 SY Territory Ghia
2010 FG XR50 Turbo
Moran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2005, 12:03 AM   #9
Nemesis
8 is always better than 6

This thread caught my attention

i have done it, using the EL ECU, and a complete EL engine including AC / Serpentine belt / BBM etc, and all the wiring plugs from EL

Basically we spliced the EB dash loom to the EL Engine / ECU loom, but because i have a manual, and was using an EL auto ECU, i was having dramas with idle etc.

I have just gotten an EL Manual ECU, and its down at a local mechanic getting some diagnostics done to it, so hopefully when its back, itll be good as ever

my thoughts were that if i was gonna go to the trouble of using an EL engine instead of an EB engine, then i wanted all the accesories with it, and the extra kW that they bring

btw if you want a spare EL Auto ECU, let me know
my car is due back mid next week, i will chime in and let you know the difference its made over the EB setup

PS - i also got custom throttle and aircon hoses made to suit the EL items, and i have also used the EL Airbox... basically the whole engine bay except the washer bottle is EL

1992 Ford Falcon EB GLi
Lukey Extractors / 2.5inch exhaust / 17" CSA Gladiator Wheels / Clear Side indicators and Repeaters / S-Pack Instrument Cluster / Trip Computer / Cruise Control / Lovells Lowered Springs and Shocks / EL Engine Transplant / Manual Conversion / BA XR6 HD Clutch / Alpine HU, Alpine Type-S 2x12" subs, Alpine Type-S Splits and 6" 2-ways
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote