Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 04-08-2005, 05:00 PM   #1
FordFan86
meow

Default Tickford Snorkel on E-Series

Got a couple of tickford snorkels here, i know i have to melt mine to clear the power steering pump (5litre NC) so i went to work on dad's 6cyl EF and thought it was a direct swap?! :S seems that the thermofan cover is in the way? can someone help me out here :gren:

FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2005, 05:03 PM   #2
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Force it!

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2005, 05:20 PM   #3
FordFan86
meow

and done
unscrew three bolts holding airbox down so there is a little movement, force it in, screw it all down, nice and firm.
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2005, 05:20 PM   #4
LUXO_8
windsor user

ah i remember that problem

as well as heating it to clear the the powersteering pump, you have to cut a little bit away from the part where the snorkel goes against the airbox, then put a new screwhole in the snorkel itself to mount it to the radiator cover piece

then you have to fiddle with the rubber strip on the bonet which goes around the snorkel, as the snorkel will be in a slightly different location to factory

EDIT,
i didnt read your initial post properly.....thought it was for your 5.0 :gren:

Last edited by LUXO_8; 04-08-2005 at 05:40 PM.
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post