Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 04-08-2005, 10:03 PM   #1
Pazza
Above the Law

Default Painting Calipers

Hi there,

Just wondering how to go about painting claipers. Could choice is already made! Yellow hehe.... nice cannery yellow.
WHich paint, where from and procedure would be gret guide.

Thanks guys.

Pazza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2005, 10:10 PM   #2
ChAmP-EAgHiA
ProuD EA OwneR

well, i have never done it, but you would probly need the engine paint you can get from bigw for 14 bucks, i painted my rocker cover red in that , pretty good
Lowered by king springs (SL)
Stereo by pioneer,fusion and kenwood
Brock Falcon Bodykit thanx to chad :sm_headba
velour interior:
full body respray
(BLUE MIST)
ChAmP-EAgHiA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2005, 10:25 PM   #3
Simmo
White Lightning

best way i found was to jack it up and get the wheel off [obviously], then take a plastic shopping bag and put it over the caliper. then tear a little hole in it and basically get it around the caliper so the bag covers everything else. i had to use tape in a few places each corner but not much thanks to the bag technique. then just do 2-3 coats of high temp paint.
Simmo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2005, 10:27 PM   #4
tommo74
zx TT

What is more worrying is that you spelled everything else wrong but spelled "procedure" right!lol
It always amazes me that some people on this forum cant spell to save themselves but they own cars worth 30 grand plus????
Who the hel is giving out jobs to these people and where do i sign up?lol
tommo74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2005, 10:50 PM   #5
Damo
Banned

spelled ? I think you mean spelt.
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2005, 10:56 PM   #6
InitialD
Low and Loud

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommo74
What is more worrying is that you spelled everything else wrong but spelled "procedure" right!lol
It always amazes me that some people on this forum cant spell to save themselves but they own cars worth 30 grand plus????
Who the hel is giving out jobs to these people and where do i sign up?lol
LMAO and you couldnt even spell "HELL" correctly.. you just got :

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2005, 11:02 PM   #7
InitialD
Low and Loud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazza
Hi there,

Just wondering how to go about painting claipers. Could choice is already made! Yellow hehe.... nice cannery yellow.
WHich paint, where from and procedure would be gret guide.

Thanks guys.
Get some VHT High temp paint. They sell it in a very simular colour to the yellow you want. its about $14.95 at autobarn IIRC. You can either take the calipers off, which is 2x 13mm bolts on the caliper and simply taking it off, covering the disc and 'what not' around it with a rag, and giving the calipers a coat. I normally go all out and remove the caliper completely from the car, but you dont need to if your not feeling confident about it

hope this was some help

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2005, 01:26 AM   #8
Stevo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah do what Initial D said...

If you just unbolt the caliper but dont remove it, make sure you dont leave it hanging by the brake line.. Make sure its supported.

I just unbolt the two bolts, support the caliper and cover the rotor and other components with a plastic bag.
Old 05-08-2005, 01:34 AM   #9
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

same take it off, remove the pads, paint and mask then refit the pads and calipers

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2005, 08:19 AM   #10
Pazza
Above the Law

sorry for the spelling guys, was late, well 10:00 o clock is late to me hehehe after a long days work.
Pazza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post