Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-05-2009, 04:45 AM   #31
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjf
I was surprised at the price paid for the HSV Coupe I think it made 38 grand,
after the first 30 or so cars went through the price seemed to come back to reality.
Books and history are now sorted, luckily it pays to have a a few good Private Investigators in the family.
Yea the flood sale was inundated with first time buyers. Everyone was keen as beans. They had so many buyers register for the simulcast that for the only time I can remember it crashed.

THe coupe went for around that money, but as you said it seemed to tapper off after the first few lots went thru.

Well done on the books and stuff, I hope you enjoy your new buggy

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2009, 07:40 AM   #32
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjf
Hey buggerlugs,
The BF GT 6 speed auto is a 6/2006 and was $26,100 ( I know because I bought it) very happy with it and it runs & drives fine. Although Im in
the same boat as you,I went way over budget, and I know the reserve on the GT was only $7000 as I know a few people who work at manheimfowles.
One thing that you have to watch is the auction fees ,they slugged me $1800 fee ontop of my $26,100 bid.
I hope I wasn't one of the seedy characters???
When I picked up the ute I saw letters of complaint at the office regarding the 7.15 % fee that they put on top of the purchase . The letters were from Dealers who were not happy at all.
As for my mate CJF's puchase of the BF GT for $26,100, if I had of had that money on me I would of bought it in a heart beat. It was an awsome looking car and looked like it had had one loving owner. Lucky bugger and good on him I say............wifey would kill for one of them...........she might even talk to me again !!!!
Old 22-05-2009, 12:28 PM   #33
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs
When I picked up the ute I saw letters of complaint at the office regarding the 7.15 % fee that they put on top of the purchase . The letters were from Dealers who were not happy at all.
As for my mate CJF's puchase of the BF GT for $26,100, if I had of had that money on me I would of bought it in a heart beat. It was an awsome looking car and looked like it had had one loving owner. Lucky bugger and good on him I say............wifey would kill for one of them...........she might even talk to me again !!!!
The dealer auctions (where the public is not able to attend here in melbourne - Buckhurst St Sth Melbourne Carlins) they only pay a $400 fee per car

All the cars that were sold there last week were very well priced exce[t for the V8 SS Commodores, HSV maloo Utes etc

They were all snapped up by some Dandenong used car Dealer , no-one was able to outbid him

Seems like he has the Dandy V8 car market
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2009, 12:43 PM   #34
Nickxb
XB in progress

Apart from actually attending the Autctions, is there any way of finding out what cars sold for. I work during the week when most auctions are on.

I am looking for a 4x4 dual cab utillity for under 12K with less than 200,000kms and want to find out if i am wasting my time taking a day off work to go.

Thanks

Nick
Nickxb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2009, 02:01 PM   #35
buggerlugs
Donating Member1

You can buy a book from the auctions which shows what everything sold for the previous month
Old 22-05-2009, 03:09 PM   #36
Frenzy
Starter Motor

I went to an auction the other day, i was interested in a XB ute for spare parts, it was pretty stuffed as it had been working as a farm runabout for a fair few years, but the plenum, dash board and the front grille seemed ok (which is what i was after), anyway it sold for about $580.... seemed way too much to me and it had lots of dodgy repairs, mud stuck everywhere in it and was only a 3.3litre engine.

I guess they are getting rarer or people are getting dumber :togo: Then to top off an already less than perfect day, we managed to break our rear tailgate window on a dirt road on the way back home (probably from a rock) :
Frenzy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2009, 06:39 PM   #37
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickxb
Apart from actually attending the Autctions, is there any way of finding out what cars sold for. I work during the week when most auctions are on.

I am looking for a 4x4 dual cab utillity for under 12K with less than 200,000kms and want to find out if i am wasting my time taking a day off work to go.

Thanks

Nick
If you have net access @ work bid from home.. I am a permanent buyer with Fowles and Pickles so I just sit @ home on the PC and watch the auctions. If there are a few that interest me I add them to my watchlist and go and have a look in person before the auction... With the damaged auctions particularly you really need to see the extent of the damage as they take somewhat sneaky pictures for the online catelogs.

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2009, 01:24 AM   #38
EgoFalcon
The Villan

Well I got my BF xr6 from the auctions, had everything i wanted, my max mid was 21 grand, but to my bloody surprise... I got it for $17,200! I was stoked! THis was at manheim fowles in Moorebank, think turned people off with a very screechy timing belt, but $130 from ford and it is running fine. Pickles is another good place to search for falcons and there is a manual bf xr6 at pickles sydney atm that also has premium sound and the awesome 18" ford rims (I got them, they look awesome!). Heres the link, be quick its on monday http://www.pickles.com.au/cars/vehic...otid-103118759

Heres link to what I got for cheap http://www.bseries.com.au/cgi-bin/in...ct=item&i=3358

The PX Ranger has arrived! XLT Metropolitean Grey

Previous Ride - 2007 BF MK II XR6 in Lightning Strike
EgoFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2009, 03:55 PM   #39
EgoFalcon
The Villan

The manual xr6 went for $19,300

Old 25-05-2009, 07:33 PM   #40
buggerlugs
Donating Member1

Think there will be quite a few more "Flood Damaged" vehicles heading our way after last weeks rain. Sydney Auctions as well.........
Old 25-05-2009, 11:35 PM   #41
jambo_xr6

Yeah you gotta control yourself a bit and dont get excited at auctions, but most of all dont restrict yourself to just one car on just one day - plenty more fish in the sea next week. Just get whatever one comes up cheap first. I've bought all my cars at auction and over the last 15 years I've noticed the Brisbane auctions slowly getting worse and worse every year, everybody now knows about them and internet bidding is a bit of a nail in the coffin I think. Back in the good old days you'd only ever be bidding against dealers on-site who would never go higher than true trade price, so you'd just bid one more and still get a great deal. I used to buy cars at dealer auctions no problem either, just be nice about it and they never cared. Now you're bidding against every man and his dog sitting on his couch at home in his underwear reading the weekend paper to compare prices - kinda ruins it.

I did get an OK deal on a BA XR6 a couple weeks ago from Pickles, but it wasn't a super duper mega deal - just a bit better than private sale which seems to be about all you can muster out of the public auctions these days. It had the extras I wanted (unmarked leather, premo sound) it's a nice colour and unmodified so since it ticked all the boxes I didn't mind. Paid only $100 over my budget but wasn't going to go any higher if I lost it.
jambo_xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2009, 08:35 PM   #42
buggerlugs
Donating Member1

Some photos of the ute. Wouldn't mind seeing a couple of photos of the GT............
Old 26-05-2009, 11:43 PM   #43
cjf
GT Hardcore

Buggerlugs yes I'll have to take some tommorrow.I only have one photo so far.
BPR CAI , PACEMAKERS 4-1, BALLISTIC 100cell RACING CATS, CROW CAMS GTP,
K LINE , XFORCE ,PSI VALVE SPRINGS, MANLEY H BEAMS, SRP PISTONS & RINGS, ACL RACE BEARINGS MELLINGS BILLET OIL PUMP, POWERBOND UNDERDRIVES, TT1-160 THERMOSTAT.

Last edited by cjf; 26-05-2009 at 11:50 PM.
cjf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2009, 11:56 PM   #44
cjf
GT Hardcore

My BF GT
K LINE , XFORCE ,PSI VALVE SPRINGS, MANLEY H BEAMS, SRP PISTONS & RINGS, ACL RACE BEARINGS MELLINGS BILLET OIL PUMP, POWERBOND UNDERDRIVES, TT1-160 THERMOSTAT.

Last edited by cjf; 27-05-2009 at 12:12 AM.
Old 27-05-2009, 06:38 AM   #45
buggerlugs
Donating Member1

Very nice. How mank K's were on it again ??? Had no problems since the Auction ? The engine oil and diff oils were perfect on mine, the gearbox oil was just off colour and the transfer case was a bit milky. The ute had recently been serviced. All electrics were perfect. Drives like a dream. Had 4 brand new tyres on it as well. Wifey looked at your GT and said I should of bought it as well..............
Old 27-05-2009, 10:15 AM   #46
cjf
GT Hardcore

Quote:
Very nice. How mank K's were on it again ??? Had no problems since the Auction ? The engine oil and diff oils were perfect on mine, the gearbox oil was just off colour and the transfer case was a bit milky. The ute had recently been serviced. All electrics were perfect. Drives like a dream. Had 4 brand new tyres on it as well. Wifey looked at your GT and said I should of bought it as well..............
Buggerlugs it has 74k on the clock and all the oils/fluid were good but I have changed the engine oil & filter ,auto trans inspected / diff oil inspected all in good condition. New sparkplugs and a new air filter and fuel filter.
The only minor problem I've had is a slight shudder when its cold but have been told it could be a bad sensor, I will book it in to Ford and get it checked next week. Lucky for me my cousin is the service manager so I know he will look after me.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:35 PM   #47
EgoFalcon
The Villan

Nice gt mate, your a lucky guy, look after her. :-)

Old 05-06-2009, 09:44 PM   #48
cjf
GT Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgoFalcon
Nice gt mate, your a lucky guy, look after her. :-)
Thanks Egofalcon,its a great car and Im really enjoying it.
Old 06-06-2009, 01:47 PM   #49
buggerlugs
Donating Member1

Hey CJF , was your car from the Coffs Harbour floods ? Thats where the ute came from. Rang the mechanic who's service sticker was on the ute and got a history of it. One owner, serviced every 5000ks, fastidious owner had just spent $3180.00 on the ute before the flood damage. All new bearings, front and rear, brakes , universal joints and 4 new tyres. Said flood only went just over drivers seat. Thats why UHF , radio and all electrics are still good............Owner was extremely surprised when Insurance mob gave him a payout............
Old 06-06-2009, 05:15 PM   #50
cjf
GT Hardcore

Thumbs up

Quote:
Hey CJF , was your car from the Coffs Harbour floods ? Thats where the ute came from. Rang the mechanic who's service sticker was on the ute and got a history of it. One owner, serviced every 5000ks, fastidious owner had just spent $3180.00 on the ute before the flood damage. All new bearings, front and rear, brakes , universal joints and 4 new tyres. Said flood only went just over drivers seat. Thats why UHF , radio and all electrics are still good............Owner was extremely surprised when Insurance mob gave him a payout............
Buggerlugs
Sounds like you got a great deal with the cruiser ute ,I hope the young fella is appreciating it.
My GT came from Cooroy on the sunshine coast, It was serviced by Pacific Ford . I have been talking to the previous owner on the phone,he has given me the books spare keys etc.
He was seriously p*ssed off at his insurance company for classing it as a repairable write off because it was driven through 20 cm of water on a main road which just touched the side skirts.
He took it into Ford service because it stalled due to water splashing up into the engine bay when some idiot coming opposite way at speed sprayed water up into the engine bay.
The service manager told him to claim it on his insurance and the insurance wrote it off and then the insurance company stiffed him on his agreed value payout.
He wanted to keep it because it was only a minor problem with wet electricals which were dried out and the car was fine but his insurance company sent it to the auctions ,against his wishes.
Months on and he is still very angry with the insurance company.
But Im very happy they did after taking it for a long cruise today it just keeps getting better.

Last edited by cjf; 06-06-2009 at 05:23 PM.
Old 06-06-2009, 09:48 PM   #51
dave351cid
playing in my big shed

sounds like you got a good buy then cjf.

bloke that lost it to insurance would be real disapointed. i bet they didnt pay him out too much. too old a car for new replacement - not old enough to be concidered a classic/ collectable.

good looking car too.
`04 BA XR6 Turbo sedan. Blueprint. auto, Leather trim.
`03 BA XLS ute . Acid Rush, factory lpg, auto,
`48 TEA20 Grey Ferguson,
`62 Willys 6-230 , 4x4 light truck
`04 Yamaha TTR 250
dave351cid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post