Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 09-08-2005, 08:49 PM   #1
pauly85
commodore bogan

Default got my old ea back....got some probs!!

hey all...took re-possession of the ea today, damn she is a mess, got some probs that i need to sort out

the most major one so far is sometimes when you change gears, like from park to reverse, or from reverse to drive the engine stalls, seems very strange to me...anyone got any ideas? its a multipoint 3.9 4 speed auto

also it has climate control (vaccume operated if memory serves me correctly) and the air will only blow on face, it wont change to windscreen, i had this prob the first time i owned the car, to fix it the rwc people had to pull out some of the dash and reattatch some flap/door/thingo, so id only assume the same prob has occured..so i need to no exactly what i need to pull out and replace, caus i cant get a roadie without it working properly, and im not gonna pay someone $500 again to do something that i can do in a weekend

any advice would be greatly appreciated!

pauly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 11:31 AM   #2
ilsautomotive
Former E-Series Member

Is the ISC clean? About the climate control, you might need a new heater box. It's a dash-out job but can certainly be done in a few hours.
ilsautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 12:52 PM   #3
CruizinEB
Banned

Taking out the dash,I dont know , that would take hours.
CruizinEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 02:15 PM   #4
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

There's a blend door flap or something like that in the heater box which can get stuck from what I've heard. It is a dash out job but you don't need to replace the box over that :S
needfordspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 04:05 PM   #5
pauly85
commodore bogan

just cleaned the ISC and it has made a difference, it still drops its revs down quite i bit when u change gears but it doesnt stall, maybe it needs to be cleaned again, ill do it again on the weekend and see what happenes...thanks for that jack!

now as for pulling the dash out, where do i start? does anyone have some sort of guide?
Old 10-08-2005, 06:39 PM   #6
Paris Hilton
Custom User Title

Taking the dash out is very easy...
http://www.fordmods.com/forums/documents.php?doc=8

(The info you want is a few pages down...)
Paris Hilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 07:12 PM   #7
EDXR6T

the dash isint that hard to take out just dont un doo every bolt u c cause u will end up relising it all comes out as one have fun
EDXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 09:07 PM   #8
pauly85
commodore bogan

thanks for that guys, appreciate it heaps!!
Old 11-08-2005, 12:13 AM   #9
InitialD
Low and Loud

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauly85
just cleaned the ISC and it has made a difference, it still drops its revs down quite i bit when u change gears but it doesnt stall, maybe it needs to be cleaned again, ill do it again on the weekend and see what happenes...thanks for that jack!
it might help aswell to set the base idle.. stick the car in diag mode (bridge red/white wire to ground) and set the idle speed to whatever it says on the Emissions decal (750rpm or something). This should fix it if it goes to drop. My EA was doing this for a while untill Thanatos told me what to do.

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote