Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 01-09-2009, 04:10 PM   #1
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Default Spreading reputation

I've searched but can't find the answer.

I've tried to give two different members "reputation" points in the last week or so, but get a message saying:

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to xxxxxxx again."

How many others must I give reputation to before I can recognise great advice from theese members?

Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2009, 04:22 PM   #2
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

You have already given rep to these members for their advice so the recognition has already been acknowledged.

The information you require is in the sticky at the top of support page.

Quote:
Registered users can issue points as follows (once they meet the criteria above):

1 point for each 30 days of membership
1 point for each 500 posts
1 point for each 100 points of their own reputation

Reputation points can only be allocated twice per day and there must be 30 other users allocated points before the same user can be awarded again.l
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2009, 05:31 PM   #3
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Thanks. Read that page 3 times and missed it. Doh!!

Does that mean I have to give 30 other members rep, or does it mean 30 other members have to receive rep (from anyone)?
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2009, 05:42 PM   #4
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

It means you must give rep to 30 other members first, so if you give out your allocation of two per day every day, you should then be able rep the members in question in 15 days time.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:47 PM   #5
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

I am struggling with this myself. I havent given out enough rep points as I dont hand them out willynilly!!

Is there any chance it can "reset" itself after 30days?? or is that too complicated a process? or have I misunderstood the whole process?
Old 01-09-2009, 05:50 PM   #6
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

The system has been devised so members spread reputation amongst deserving posts and not just bump up mates.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:52 PM   #7
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise
I am struggling with this myself. I havent given out enough rep points as I dont hand them out willynilly!!

Is there any chance it can "reset" itself after 30days?? or is that too complicated a process? or have I misunderstood the whole process?
Its so you cant keep giving the same person rep!!!!

Old 01-09-2009, 05:55 PM   #8
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

I understand that and it is good that system is in place however there have been occasions when I have awarded a person a rep point and then 2 or 3 weeks on...the same member makes a very vaild point but I have to award 25 or more people to award the same person again....I try and remember who and what I want to award rep points for.

I think if you havent awarded your allocated 30 points within a month before you can rep again is something that perhaps can be looked at...

Just my thoughts...
Old 01-09-2009, 06:00 PM   #9
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise
I understand that and it is good that system is in place however there have been occasions when I have awarded a person a rep point and then 2 or 3 weeks on...the same member makes a very vaild point but I have to award 25 or more people to award the same person again....I try and remember who and what I want to award rep points for.

I think if you havent awarded your allocated 30 points within a month before you can rep again is something that perhaps can be looked at...

Just my thoughts...
Sounds like you're a bit tight with handing out rep points!!!!! :

Spread the joy Col!!!

Old 01-09-2009, 06:07 PM   #10
Geez Louise
Awesome

Only those that deserve it get it Norm...:P

Hence why I am saying...maybe after 30days a reset wouldnt be a bad idea
Old 01-09-2009, 08:26 PM   #11
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Basically send them to anyone who owns a coupe eh Geez !!!! Old mate, old buddy, old pal !!!
Old 01-09-2009, 08:38 PM   #12
Geez Louise
Awesome

Default wrong model size

And I am sure Admin would love that!! Post something worthy and you will get rep points Bernie....

I say again, they are only awarded to those that deserve them....although you are builiding my dream coupe.... :

Jack actually bought me the model that sidchrome bought out....fermillion fire XC coupe 1:32 model...will send you an email of it!

Last edited by Geez Louise; 01-09-2009 at 08:44 PM.
Geez Louise is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2009, 04:12 PM   #13
HSE2

I must admit to having had the same issue on occasions. I have in the past put comments in the memory bank to award to that person when available but the actual post I give them on isn't necessarily the one I wanted credited. I try to reflect that in the comments section.

I don't think and wouldn’t suggest it to be changed. I think by default everyone will have a select group of people they will want to reward because their thoughts and opinions are aligned with one’s own. Up till recently I couldn't see who was giving me credit but at times I have been amazed at what did get votes and what didn't. Posts that I am proud of don’t usually get notice. Not sure what that says.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2009, 04:18 PM   #14
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSE2
I must admit to having had the same issue on occasions. I have in the past put comments in the memory bank to award to that person when available but the actual post I give them on isn't necessarily the one I wanted credited. I try to reflect that in the comments section.

I don't think and wouldn’t suggest it to be changed. I think by default everyone will have a select group of people they will want to reward because their thoughts and opinions are aligned with one’s own. Up till recently I couldn't see who was giving me credit but at times I have been amazed at what did get votes and what didn't. Posts that I am proud of don’t usually get notice. Not sure what that says.
Ian, i think its easy to get blase' and take for granted the quality of some peoples input on the forums, its often over shadowed by some of the more "shallow" posts we endure....
That doesn't mean those posts and input go unnoticed though, allot of respect people like yourself get afforded can be attributed to that.

Old 04-09-2009, 06:48 AM   #15
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Spread the joy Col!!!
It's probably the easiest solution. There are plenty of members here that deserve recognition for all sorts of good/crazy/insane/weird/hilarious/etc reasons.

Norm, you'd be classified under insane

Good to see Ian's no longer an "F6"... nothing like the smell of unburnt fuel in the old ZD Fairlane, eh?