Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 23-08-2005, 08:59 PM   #1
EB6
apprentice grease monkey

Default Super magic boot carpet cleaner

I have discovered an insanley effective way of cleaning boot carpet and im sure would work just fine on other carpet as well.
1st. ya gotta have a low paying job like say 2nd year apprentice mechanic as my self,
2nd. ya gotta have stuff die in your car say in my case HUGE backlash in diff and spark plug failing and breaking off in the combustion chamber and screwin your engine.
3rd. then ya gotta leave your car in the shed for 3 months while you try and scratch as much money together as possible to fix the previously listed,
4th. while that is happening have a bottle of de greaser slowly drip in your boot.
5th. 3 month later you just wipe that gasket goo that wouldnt come off and just like magic its gone,
u also get an amazingly powerfully smelly and im guessing flammable boot, not to sure how good that last part is.
But seriously i ahve finally got an lsd for the car unfortunantly it ahd 2.77 gears so im on the prowl for a set of 3.7's ive got some big fat shims to put in it to make it TIGHT. the motors still as is and aside from that i ahte apprentice wages. hopefully ill be out cruzin by the new year again.

Last edited by EB6; 23-08-2005 at 09:19 PM.
EB6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2005, 09:19 PM   #2
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

And to totally rid of muck, throw a match in!

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2005, 09:58 PM   #3
MAD
Petro-sexual

I dont know if this will burst your bubble or not, but no other gear sets will fit the 2.77 carrier. If you want to get 3.7's you will have to go a whole new diff centre.
Old 23-08-2005, 11:51 PM   #4
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

2.77 gears in an EB? Must be a replacement diff surely, and your speedo must've been corrected for this.

EB sixes came out with 3.08 and 3.27 gears I think?
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2005, 11:53 PM   #5
InitialD
Low and Loud

all EB2's had 3:27 diff ratio minimum
EB1's had 3:08

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2005, 12:12 AM   #6
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

He probably got it from an EA Ghia, because its a LSD.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post