Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 29-12-2009, 02:04 AM   #1
nstg8a

Default white stripe over posts?

basically within a few minutes of me logging on i always have a white stripe across my screen that dosnt move when i scroll up and down.

it seems to orginate from the aff graphic advertising for donating members or the sponsers bar, but only the white stripe stays, not the graphic itself.

its only this site its ever happened on, so i dont think itl be my pc.

any ideas?

nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2009, 02:41 AM   #2
block58
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Try using a different browser like Firefox (assuming you are using internet explorer.)
block58 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2009, 03:40 AM   #3
MR.BA.GT.332
Now in the quad cam zone

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all his work in the project section. Awesome effort. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
basically within a few minutes of me logging on i always have a white stripe across my screen that dosnt move when i scroll up and down.

it seems to orginate from the aff graphic advertising for donating members or the sponsers bar, but only the white stripe stays, not the graphic itself.

its only this site its ever happened on, so i dont think itl be my pc.

any ideas?
are you using google chrome by any chance?? reason i ask is i downloaded google chrome, then ever since FF would have the white banner move up n down. Then yesterday i changed from chrome to firefox and no more issues!

might be a google chrome issue...

"BARNEY" 2003 BA GT #332, Phantom, Boss 290, FR20 Simmons. XYZ Brakes - 355mm Rotors - 8piston Front Calipers & 4piston Rear More Mods soon!!
MR.BA.GT.332 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2009, 04:59 PM   #4
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_460bigblock
are you using google chrome by any chance?? reason i ask is i downloaded google chrome, then ever since FF would have the white banner move up n down. Then yesterday i changed from chrome to firefox and no more issues!

might be a google chrome issue...
yup, im on chrome, hmm, might just have to put up with it, dont really wanna change browsers again.

cheers
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2009, 05:02 PM   #5
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Sounds like you are missing the flash add on for your browser.
Falcon Coupe is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2009, 09:00 PM   #6
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

I have changed to Chrome .... the white stripe appeared after a little while but logged off and back into AFF and hasn't come back. I like chrome as seems to be way faster than the others so glad it disappeared. (touch wood)

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2009, 09:01 PM   #7
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Yeah it happens to me every now and then with Chrome too.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2009, 09:11 PM   #8
MR.BA.GT.332
Now in the quad cam zone

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all his work in the project section. Awesome effort. 

i hated chrome... found it really slow too and had constant flash issues.

updated to firefox, took me 10min tops and simply uninstalled chrome.... job done and loving it... just my 2c but i didnt like chrome at all... Leave the chrome for real cars not computers

"BARNEY" 2003 BA GT #332, Phantom, Boss 290, FR20 Simmons. XYZ Brakes - 355mm Rotors - 8piston Front Calipers & 4piston Rear More Mods soon!!
MR.BA.GT.332 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2009, 09:22 PM   #9
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Firefox ALWAYS hangs for me. Don;t know why. I have all the latest updates and everything, but 9/10 times it just stops loading webpages for no reason.

Which is a shame, cos Firefox rocks.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2009, 09:32 PM   #10
The Monty
Just slidin'

I use Chrome and havent experienced that problem yet.
Old 29-12-2009, 09:38 PM   #11
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
Firefox ALWAYS hangs for me. Don;t know why. I have all the latest updates and everything, but 9/10 times it just stops loading webpages for no reason.

Which is a shame, cos Firefox rocks.
Same for me and don't know why as I always update if needed. Cannot load Ebay and a few others ..... and that is a necessity

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post