Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 28-01-2010, 10:12 AM   #1
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Default Electric drivers seat not working

Seems to be that age when everything just sh*ts itself unfortunately, the latest thing to go is the electric drivers seat in the ghia.

After a friend of mine took her for a drive and adjusted the seat it has become stuck in the position he had it in (VERY frustrating as im taller than he is)

Basically what happens is when you flick the button to go back, only the left rail winds, consequently only half the seat moves. What I'd like to know is if there is a manual way move the seat or if perhaps there is an easy fix (i.e. something is stuck), im hoping im not up for a new seat altogether.

Cheers

Edit: I swear i've seen a thread about this before but I wasnt able to find it with the search

My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real

Last edited by grandpa_spec_F6; 28-01-2010 at 10:12 AM. Reason: after thought
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2010, 10:57 AM   #2
bartsau
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

not too sure but i know that with seats that are manually moved fowards and back that there is a rod connecting the left and right hand side attchments to the rails. Hence if you release one side the other also gets released. This may or may not be the case.

AU I Forte Sedan - No longer
Toy Car Build
bartsau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2010, 12:37 PM   #3
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Well I had a look under and unfortunately it appears that there are two motors at the front of the seat that wind independently of each other.

The bugger is that the seat is currently moved too far forward to get to the screws to remove the seat and then work on it.

I didn't see a manual release anywhere obvious
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2010, 04:28 PM   #4
bartsau
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

can you connect power directly to the motors to move them back in order to get it out. Depends whether you can get to the connections or not.

AU I Forte Sedan - No longer
Toy Car Build
bartsau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2010, 06:18 PM   #5
fourl6
AU Falcon Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartsau
not too sure but i know that with seats that are manually moved fowards and back that there is a rod connecting the left and right hand side attchments to the rails. Hence if you release one side the other also gets released. This may or may not be the case.
the manual ones aree just free to slide along rails with the leaver raised, the power seats are fixed to a long threaded rod on each side that turns one way to go back and the other to go forward, see if you can find either end of the threaded rod, it may have a bolt of screw head to manually turn it

Cheers Cam

2015 SZ MkII Ford Territory TS
Aero Blue, RWD Petrol, Standard Sat Nav.

2013 TF Ford Kuga Ambiente
Panther Black, AWD, 6 Speed Auto, 1.6lt ecoBoost Turbo Petrol.

Was
2012 FG Mk2 Ford Falcon XR6
Swift Green,6 Speed Auto, Stock...

2001 AUIII Ford Falcon Forte
Genuine T2 TS50 bodykit, 18" BF Cobras, Boge and Eibach Suspension and Complete AU2 Fairmont Ghia Interior

1994 EF Ford Fairmont
Gun Metal Grey, Lumpy Straight 6
fourl6 is offline   Reply With Quote