Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 03-09-2005, 06:46 PM   #1
Damo
Banned

Default What diffs fit EA ?

Hey all,

Just a quick one, can anyone tell me exactly what diffs fit an EA. I know that 2.77 and 2.92 are EA diffs. Also when did Ford change the flange for the tailshaft-diff connection ?

If I found and EB2 or EB diff what else would I need to put it into my EA, as I wanna put new lower control arms in, I think i've read that you need the EB style bushes pressed in or something.

Cheerios. :

Damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 06:55 PM   #2
LUXO_8
windsor user

i think the wider bushes came in with EB2

the flange connection was an EB onwards thing, so any diff you get thats EB you'll need to change the tailshaft as well
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 07:00 PM   #3
ilsautomotive
Former E-Series Member

My 2.77 EA had the later model flange, I never found out why. It did make it that much easier to put in the ED diff though.
ilsautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 07:11 PM   #4
Damo
Banned

thanks Wayne.

Anyone else ? What ratio did EA2 4 speeds have ?
Old 03-09-2005, 07:14 PM   #5
SileNceR
02/90 EA II Fairmont

get the diff and tailshaft together is easiest, and either get a wide bush pushed into one end of each of your lower control arms (eb both ends are wide ea both are narrow, so u need 1 wide and 1 narrow) if you don't want to do this or like me have almost new narrow bushes, cut up some metal pipe that the bolt fits into (just) into 4 peices each half the width of the difference in bush size, then put one each side of the bush in each lower control arm - as spacers... or just use washers (and obviously the EB bolts as the EA ones won't be long enough for the wide mount on the diff)
Old 03-09-2005, 07:36 PM   #6
Damo
Banned

Thanks SiLeNceR, that's what I wanted to know. Sounds like a bit of stuffing around, so i'll probbaly try and get an EA2 diff. Does anyone know what ratio these are ? 3.08 ?
Old 03-09-2005, 07:38 PM   #7
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damo
Thanks SiLeNceR, that's what I wanted to know. Sounds like a bit of stuffing around, so i'll probbaly try and get an EA2 diff. Does anyone know what ratio these are ? 3.08 ?
a standard 4 auto one is 3.08 yes
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 08:07 PM   #8
SileNceR
02/90 EA II Fairmont

EB/ED ones are better, takes SFA effort to make spacers for the bottom bushes tho

I cut up some pipe I had sitting around into 4x 1-1.5cm ish peices, and just bolted it up, my bushes were under a month old so I figured i'd hold off getting wide ones for a while...

have been working fine with no rear end noises etc for quite a while and rear end is quite tight when cornering... no issues here..

try and get an EB/D Ghia or XR diff with LSD will be much more fun, esp. in the wet ;)