Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 03-09-2005, 05:47 PM   #1
BuuBox

Default After a bloody good run, troubles with the car...!

So I've been fixing all the issues with my car over the last few months, and it was all going very well, until I ran into some drama's last night... But first, some back story

On Thursday I changed all the bearings at the front of the engine, for the fan, the air conditioning pulley and the alternator bearings. The alternator was a pain in the ***, stupid Mitsubishi, but other than that it went fairly well. Made a huge difference in noise too, now nice and quiet.

But I went to start it last night, and it just wouldn't. It'd fire, then die. After some thottle massaging (ie full thottle) I could get it started, but jesus the smoke. It seemed to be black smoke, so fuel, and a hell of a lot of it too. I took it for a run, and it seemed to sort itself out, no more plumes of smoke, and it was running nicely, idling as normal.

This morning I tried to fire it up again. Same thing, would fire, then strait away die. I got it started with the same method, but this time with no real smoke. I thought it might be the ECU sorting itself out after being reset, but surely 100km trip would be enough?

Any ideas?

Just one last question... seem to have a weird (maybe) electrical issue at times. Its happen twice when I've been driving along at 100km/h or so, and the car starts surging, and then the tacho drops to 0rpm, despite the fact that it's obviously doing a little more than that. It then goes back up to 1800rpm or so, and sorts itself out.

Again, any ideas?

On a more positive note, I did a service on the auto trans, and was pleasantly surprised when it wasn't too burnt, and there was not a hint of metal on the magnets. Despite this, the shift did seem to improve slightly. Also welded all my exhaust leaks, and put in a new thermostat. Been running very nicely, except for the issues above.

Only a few more things to fix/replace, including:

1. Oil Leak
2. Front Wheel Bearings
3. Flush the heater core
4. Cut and Polish!

Thanks! Much apreciated.

BuuBox is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2005, 01:11 PM   #2
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuuBox
So I've been fixing all the issues with my car over the last few months, and it was all going very well, until I ran into some drama's last night... But first, some back story

On Thursday I changed all the bearings at the front of the engine, for the fan, the air conditioning pulley and the alternator bearings. The alternator was a pain in the ***, stupid Mitsubishi, but other than that it went fairly well. Made a huge difference in noise too, now nice and quiet.

But I went to start it last night, and it just wouldn't. It'd fire, then die. After some thottle massaging (ie full thottle) I could get it started, but jesus the smoke. It seemed to be black smoke, so fuel, and a hell of a lot of it too. I took it for a run, and it seemed to sort itself out, no more plumes of smoke, and it was running nicely, idling as normal.

This morning I tried to fire it up again. Same thing, would fire, then strait away die. I got it started with the same method, but this time with no real smoke. I thought it might be the ECU sorting itself out after being reset, but surely 100km trip would be enough?

Any ideas?

Just one last question... seem to have a weird (maybe) electrical issue at times. Its happen twice when I've been driving along at 100km/h or so, and the car starts surging, and then the tacho drops to 0rpm, despite the fact that it's obviously doing a little more than that. It then goes back up to 1800rpm or so, and sorts itself out.

Again, any ideas?

On a more positive note, I did a service on the auto trans, and was pleasantly surprised when it wasn't too burnt, and there was not a hint of metal on the magnets. Despite this, the shift did seem to improve slightly. Also welded all my exhaust leaks, and put in a new thermostat. Been running very nicely, except for the issues above.

Only a few more things to fix/replace, including:

1. Oil Leak
2. Front Wheel Bearings
3. Flush the heater core
4. Cut and Polish!

Thanks! Much apreciated.
look behind the battery under the fill bottle , you should see some relays , replace the black one with one from the wreckers for about $5.00 as this drives most of the fuel systems and lots of other good stuff ( bad relay nothing works), should make it start and the cooling fans will run for 3 seconds after switching the ignition which indicates the relay is fine, now if its still black smoky you may have a faulty fuel preasure reg
good luck
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post