Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 03-09-2005, 01:45 PM   #1
hell

Smile fuel pump gone how to put new one in

hi we have just got an 1990 ea falcon wagon and have to put a new fuel pump in and not sure how to do it can any one help me plzzzzzzzzz

Old 03-09-2005, 05:22 PM   #2
BlackLS

Have you done a search on this yet?

Basically on the floor of your boot you have a fuel tank "manhole", which is a black bit screwed down. Pull this off then you have access to a sort of screw ring holding the pump in about 6" diameter. Normally you would use the special ford tool to unscrew this, but i just bash that off with a screwdriver and hammer. under this should be a cradle that holes the fuel pump.

Last edited by BlackLS; 04-09-2005 at 10:23 AM.
Old 04-09-2005, 04:07 AM   #3
CruizinEB
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonEF
Have you done a search on this yet?

Basically on the floor of your boot you have a fuel tank "manhole", which is a black bit screwed down. Pull this off then you have access to a sort of screw ring holding the pump in about 6" diameter. Normally you would you the normal tool used to unscrew this, but i just bash that off with a screwdriver and hammer. under this should be a cradle that holes the fuel pump.
Thanks for the info me and a mate are fitting one on sunday(Today).
CruizinEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 10:24 AM   #4
BlackLS

Goodluck with it
Old 04-09-2005, 04:58 PM   #5
EBII4.L

yeah its pretty simple, its happened to me heaps gone through 3 fuel pump and so i decided to get a bosch one. basically pop the boot under the carpet on your left hand side you'll see a round lid with aprox 8 screws undo those, then take both leads off, the clamp that holds the pump is pretty hard but unless you wanna get a new clamp give it a good bash once your done uncrew the round piece with screw driver and hammer.

hope it helps =)