Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 15-05-2010, 07:43 PM   #1
Falcon SXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default AU door lock fell apart ???

Hi I have an au series 1 fairmont and the door lock has fallen apart inside has anyone else had this happen ?? the barrel is still there and looks like normall from outside but you put the key in and there is nothing but air ?? Pulled the door trim off and the guts of it are in the bottom of the door.

AU Fairmont
BA MK2 XR6 Turbo
Now
XDUB
Falcon SXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2010, 07:48 PM   #2
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

looks like your up for a new actuator, either new or from the wreckers, make sure it comes out of a working car before u buy it

Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors
frd906 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2010, 08:06 PM   #3
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

matt its not the actuator, it sounds like the actual key lock in the drivers door, try not to give out false info
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2010, 08:13 PM   #4
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ahh woops, i actually had the same problem, with my barrel, i just got it replaced, i had to call racq out to pry open the door so the could unlock it with there speacial tool,

sort of like a baloon they use, put it between the door and the pillar, as he pumped it up it pried the door out far enough to open the door,

Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors
Old 15-05-2010, 08:14 PM   #5
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-CHIEF
matt its not the actuator, it sounds like the actual key lock in the drivers door, try not to give out false info

Didnt read all of it and misunderstood untill i re read it

Old 15-05-2010, 08:54 PM   #6
Ride
Stay Classy ™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon SXR8
Hi I have an au series 1 fairmont and the door lock has fallen apart inside has anyone else had this happen ?? the barrel is still there and looks like normall from outside but you put the key in and there is nothing but air ?? Pulled the door trim off and the guts of it are in the bottom of the door.
Consider it to be a blessing in disguise, by not having that barrel there it's a benefit for security. I'd leave it as it is and use the remote to enter and exit.
Ride is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2010, 09:51 PM   #7
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

until your remote breaks or dies and you need to get in the car lol.
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2010, 12:47 PM   #8
Ride
Stay Classy ™

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-CHIEF
until your remote breaks or dies and you need to get in the car lol.
I replace the batteries in my remotes every 6 months and always keep a spare in the wallet. It's a small price to pay to keep the car a bit more secure and the alarm is going to do SFA - take it from someone who's experienced it.
Ride is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2010, 04:38 PM   #9
JMO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ride
I replace the batteries in my remotes every 6 months and always keep a spare in the wallet. It's a small price to pay to keep the car a bit more secure and the alarm is going to do SFA - take it from someone who's experienced it.
Unless the car forgets the remote code. Happened to me one night for absolutely no reason. If the lock was missing it would have been a lot more hassle.
JMO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2010, 07:25 PM   #10
Jastel
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has much experience with taxis and always jumps on here to explain things simply and help out the new guys in B-series and Contemporary... 

Happened on the taxis, I just put another barrel in
Only problem was 2 keys needed, one for door, one for starting
Took a bit of explaining to the drivers....

That car only had 1 remote, which I kept safe, so the drivers always used a key to open it, probably wore it out.
Jastel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post