Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 30-08-2005, 03:24 PM   #1
STOKEB
NOS Induction pssssshhhhh

Default New Engine Development

Hay guys and ladies,

Well where do i start ive decided to rebuild a new engine for my car where this motor thats init atm its on its way out ive lost piston ring 6, 4 and 1 but for sum strang reason its not blowing smoke or buring oil. I bought my self a EF XR6 Engine from the wreckers which ill be stripping down. This new motor will be built for N2O only wont be NA Machine no more. Jim Mock Motor Sport will be helping out with the rebuild and making sure its done right and they will also be tuning my car. Shes never been dyno tuned b4 so its gonna be a first, ill be adding sum new mods to this engine but you guys will have to wait for an update cause still trying to work out pistons and rings to use.

STOKEB - 3:7 diff gears, 3inch zorst, JMM Race Series Extractors, Custom Bottom end to suit N20, AU DEV 6 Head and Cam, Cold Air Intake, ED XR6 Manual Computer with Flash Tunner, ED XR6 Fuel reg, C10 Auto, 2800stall .
---------------------------------------------------
I LiVe My LiFe A bOtTlE aT a TiMe, FoR tHoSe 200 sQuIrTs I fEeL fReE.........pssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh
STOKEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2005, 03:48 PM   #2
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Off topic....

Got any tips for getting off the line in a manual falcon that quick? When I last ran my car with the dev5 cam I couldn't get it right(only had two runs tho). Seems it was a lot harder than what it was on the road.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2005, 04:13 PM   #3
Rmyers
Does Steve have a car?

Nice, but last i heard you were selling this car?? Anyways, can't wait to see what you've got up your sleeve Is their an ETA???

"When Chuck Norris jumps into water, he does not get wet, the water gets Chuck Norris..."
Rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2005, 04:40 PM   #4
STOKEB

Im not selling it, Not worth me selling her what would i get $2000 if i`m lucky, Hopefully its finished by the end of this month, just all depends on how long it takes to get the block machined poutting it all together will only take me a day, but i`m hoping she cracks into the 12's or even a flat 13 i`m happy with.
STOKEB - 3:7 diff gears, 3inch zorst, JMM Race Series Extractors, Custom Bottom end to suit N20, AU DEV 6 Head and Cam, Cold Air Intake, ED XR6 Manual Computer with Flash Tunner, ED XR6 Fuel reg, C10 Auto, 2800stall .
I LiVe My LiFe A bOtTlE aT a TiMe, FoR tHoSe 200 sQuIrTs I fEeL fReE.........pssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh
Old 30-08-2005, 05:48 PM   #5
EFFalcon
Last warning

interesting way to go Hus
what size shot are u going to put into this?
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2005, 06:06 PM   #6
LUXO_8
windsor user

awesome hus, least you're not selling it now!
cant wait for you to have it finished mate..
i call shotgun
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2005, 06:58 PM   #7
neb
hibernating

sounds good... can't wait to see how it goes when its all done!
neb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2005, 07:48 AM   #8
STOKEB

Default Nitrus

I want the engine built to handle a 200shot of nos but i wont be going to that extream cause the gear box wont like it, ill be using the 150shot to a max of 175 shot. Ill have to wait till its finished and dyno tuned b4 i can really say how much nos i can use im just hoping for a 175 and ill be happy. The engine should be finished by hte end of this month hopefully.
Old 31-08-2005, 07:57 AM   #9
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sweet. 12's arent too far away!
Old 01-09-2005, 10:10 PM   #10
STOKEB

i got all my parts just gonna have to wait till next week to sends the block away to get machined and also the engine bits to get blue printed and balanced. I might get my AU head ported more while i`m waiting. Soon she will be back on the road cant wait to run it at calder.
Old 01-09-2005, 10:14 PM   #11
sven

looks like you really will be pushing the 12s
sven is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2005, 10:18 PM   #12
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Huss have you considered doing a thread in the ''project car forums'', this rebuild would be good info for all to have a look at.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2005, 10:35 PM   #13
mr_efxr
Not your average EF Wagon

If you need any more guidance or advice as to what to do bring it down to us at HeadTech. At the moment we're Turboing an EL XR6 man and putting more NA power EL Futura man as well as Turboing an XY GT.
Feel free to pop in and discuss your plans for this engine. PM for details.

The recently SOLD 95 EF Wagon 5spd NA SLEEPER

The Daily cruisers now *95 R33 Skyline GTS-T RB25DET *93 Lexus GS300 2JZ-GTE

Car enthusiasts visit Unique Cars and Parts
mr_efxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2005, 05:16 PM   #14
STOKEB

I wouldnt mind doing a thread for the project section and Mr efxr thanxs for the advice i might cum around and see you guys. Head Tech is that the one down Maddox rd north williamstown.
Old 04-09-2005, 06:00 PM   #15
CruizinEB
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by neb
sounds good... can't wait to see how it goes when its all done!
bloudy oth, me to
CruizinEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2005, 08:43 PM   #16
STOKEB

Default delete ME

Can sumone delete this i need the upload space back so i can update the new pics of my engine thanxs guys
Old 14-09-2005, 08:47 PM   #17
EFFalcon
Last warning

use this Hus:
hxxp://www.fordforums.com.au/profile...ditattachments
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2005, 08:50 PM   #18
STOKEB

thanxs mate