Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 05-10-2005, 10:01 PM   #1
Vision Zetec
Hurry up Germany!!

Question New front bumper?

hey guys,

my front bumper is out of place a bit, (forward and hanging a little on one side), it is also cracked on the front corner that hangs a little.

i want to get a new front bar as the car is in pretty good condition except for this. it just wrecks the overall look of the car.

where is the best place to get a new one put on?

should i go to a panel beater or the wreckers and pick one up and spray it?

cheers

Daniel

Old 05-10-2005, 10:02 PM   #2
InitialD
Low and Loud

Dan you will be able to get one EASY in your colour. Most wreckers should have one.

Its not hard to paint one up and fit it yourself. Alot cheaper then paying a pannel beater

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 10:09 PM   #3
Vision Zetec
Hurry up Germany!!

ok thanks, next time i have some free time il drop by Just Falcons and Ferntree Gully Auto Salvage, any other quality places around east melb?
Old 05-10-2005, 10:13 PM   #4
Dezza
Parts bin special

Sorry this is off topic but is that everglade green? My parent's EBII is everglade and their front bumper is also stuffed. A woman pulled out in front of mum back in 97' and mum hit the side of her car, wrecking the old bumper. The panelbeaters fitted a non-genuine bumper as a replacement and since then the unpainted section at the top has faded incredibly badly. It's also developed a really grainy texture, so that when you rub your hand over it, the hand ends up covered in bits of front bumper. It's really past it, and it would be good to get a cheap everglade one.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 08:23 PM   #5
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

In case you would like to know EBII, NEW Bumper bars are STILL available through Ford Dealers but the painting can get expensive? It would be good if you had a mate who was a Spray painting Apprentice? he could then take it to tech and paint it there for you? or you could go the Grey look
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 09:38 PM   #6
need psi
slow & low EA Ghia

i bought a new bumper for 80bx, swaped over the support bars, and it should only cost about 100bux max to get sprayed, it will take about 20mins swap all the over if u have a pop rivet gun and 10mins to fit. remember u pay for the labour of fitting and swaping over, thats were it starts making it more expensive,

Ehab

need psi is offline   Reply With Quote