Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 25-10-2005, 05:49 PM   #1
Simmo
White Lightning

Default removing black side trim, questions...

id like to try and make the car look a little more modern and im not up for trying to paint the side mouldings. i was wondering can the side trim bits be taken off? is it painted under there? and will it trash the paint removing them?

Simmo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2005, 05:54 PM   #2
CruizinEB
Banned

they are not hard to remove but it mite peel the paint on in some areas,plus you would be better off respraying it to because it will look different.
CruizinEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2005, 05:58 PM   #3
ilsautomotive
Former E-Series Member

I agree with Kyle. The mouldings themselves pull right off but it's the glue underneath that is hard to get off. It will involve a lot of hard work with a hair dryer to warm the surface, eucalyptus oil/metho to loose the glue and scrubbing with a cloth.

Painting the mouldings all round will achieve the same desired result or better.
ilsautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2005, 06:09 PM   #4
CruizinEB
Banned

the glue was a pain to remove from my clothes to
Old 25-10-2005, 06:32 PM   #5
PULLY6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Prepsol is the go to remove that glue. Spray on, allow to soak, then use a razorblade at a shallow angle to get below the glue/paint surface.
Old 25-10-2005, 06:57 PM   #6
Damo
Banned

They shouldn't be glues on, it just double sided tape, which is still a pain to remove. Here's a pic of my EA when I removed them, it looks crap I reckon unless you have a kit.

Last edited by Damo; 25-10-2005 at 07:03 PM.
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2005, 07:13 PM   #7
CruizinEB
Banned

yeah i like them on,they look naked without them