Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 03-11-2005, 08:50 PM   #1
NARCEA
5/00 AUII Forte

Default quick eb1 issue

Hi folks,

91 eb1 dual fuel.

gas- starts and runs reasonably well.

petrol will start, although coughs and splutters, under load is fine, but idling is rough as s t and then will choke itself.so where to start........ is this a common symptom if someone has just been running straight gas?? any suggestions will be great. at the moment i can tell you that fuel pump is priming : .

also gas economy. i guesstimated this to be at around 4.5-5km to a litre. on average what should it be getting. it's an impco system installed in '95.... my knowledge on gas set ups is poor....

cheers,
ian

Old 03-11-2005, 08:57 PM   #2
EB6
apprentice grease monkey

id start with checking the fuel pressure and that the pressure reg is working properly, then i would go to things like taking the injectors out and and getting them sent out for new seals and flow/ leakage testing, the gas can dry the injectors out and if the in injectors arent used the fuel can dryup and leave deposits in the fule lines and injectors causing them the drip and be generally bad in opreation.
EB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 08:59 PM   #3
NARCEA
5/00 AUII Forte

thanks mate thats a great start.
cheers
Old 03-11-2005, 09:05 PM   #4
EBII Fairmont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

One thing i recently learnt with my dads gas system, was that every night you run the car for a couple of minutes to lubricate the injectors if it is a duel fuel conversion. Also never run the car on gas on cold mornings. You will crack the converter. But then i gues you probably already new that.
EBII Fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 09:11 PM   #5
NARCEA
5/00 AUII Forte

yeh i have heard to run to on fuel for a bit each week, but you're the first to mention a few minutes each day. what you say makes a lot of sense. i'd be happy to do that if it'd run on petrol for that long.
thanks for that advice.