Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 06-11-2005, 12:09 AM   #1
Fletty's EL
Green with Envi

Default Installing Trip Computer/Climate Control

Hi Guys,

Was wondering. If I can get hold of a Trip Computer or a Climate Control cluster, will these plug straight into the dash of my GLi and work correctly?

Old 06-11-2005, 12:14 AM   #2
stockstandard
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If its anything like my EF gli, the trip computer will need wiring added from the instrument cluster to work (not that hard). Not sure about the climate control, but if you search the forums im sure ive seen instructions posted before.
stockstandard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 12:28 AM   #3
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Climate control requires alot of work to install. Not a simple case of plug and play.

If memory serves correct you need to install a climate control heater box in behind the dash inorder to utilise the system. This means pulling the dash apart to do it.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 01:48 AM   #4
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have just done this conversion to my ED XR6, its time consuming but not all that difficult. If youve got the donor vehicle, all you're doing is swapping parts.

So if you want to do it find a complete wreck Fairmont. Complete Wiring and heaterbox is different in the case of the climate control, although the heaterbox can be modded to a climate version if you have all the parts. But you will certainly need the dash wiring loom, theres just too many wires that need adding in the case of the climate control.
(I converted my heaterbox to climate version as mine was in better condition than the one from the donor car)

Trip computer can be added to your existing car though with a few wiring additions.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote