Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 09-11-2005, 05:10 PM   #1
slamd ef wagon

Default central locking problems

when i try lock my car from the drivers and pasengers side the locks just pop back up it started to do it for about an hour then stoped and would lock then every now and then now it wont lock at all but the funny thing is i can look it at the boot(wagon) every time with out fail does anyone know whats up with me bloody central locking(standard ford smart lock central locking with out a remote just key)

cheers for any advice

Old 09-11-2005, 07:47 PM   #2
Rowy,xr6
Pods rule

I see alot of that sort of stuff from fords at work but its mainly from remote falcons... if there is no prob way you lock and unlock the tail gate then prob is probably in the tail gate actuator motor itself, if the motor doesnt lock the tail gate the actuator will tell the locking module to unlock the doors again...
One thing you can do is unplug the tail gate actuator and see if the rest of the doors lock and unlock normally, if the problem doesnt occor with the actuator unpluged then replace the actuator

Current Rides- Xf ute, just installed ea wiring loom, dashboard, 3.9lt mpfi and a 5 speed with extractors and a 2/1-2 exhaust... its much better now!
Check out Build- http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11288204
-BF XR6... And its BLACK!
Rowy,xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 08:30 PM   #3
slamd ef wagon

thanks for that mate
cheers